Quote Originally Posted by mock View Post
    Hello !

We just got up to Paragons in 25 heroic, and I'm wondering which trinkets you guys would suggest? Not just for that fight but in general. I got pretty much every trinket except the one from malkorok. (I'm sorry didn't read through all the pages)

Also while I'm at it, are there any good pages directed at the warrior class? Like fluiddruid comes to mind.
    To be honest, when we first did Paragons, I think I was using Skeer's and Rooks. Once I picked up TTT though, I've only used Skeers+TTT. I've pretty much just swapped to those two trinkets for every fight at this point. It might not be the optimal route or the safest way, but it helps me do more damage.

Other than Rook's use ability which works for the fire chains and the manipulator debuffs, there isn't much to use the "on use" effect for. So you're generally just going to use it for it's stamina benefit. If that's the case, go with Vial (which you don't have yet. Don't worry, I just got my first one this week!) Jugg's isn't bad, and will help you with it's bonus healing. If you go scorpion, it will pretty much heal you through it when you use CD's as well.

As far as Skeer's go, I normally sit around 10.81% raid buffed crit. With Riposte I'm around 48%, and Skeer's pushes me to over 90% at it's peak. It's up decently enough. On Paragons last night it was up for 16.52%, it proc'd 11 times. A HWF one gives 2.52-50.35% crit as it builds up. Jugg's gives 1.94% - 3.148% (RF to HWF+2) crit.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2014-04-03 at 04:15 PM.

Yeah, thok's tail doesn't have much defense value I guess so I'm gonna play it safe in the beginning. I'll get the honor of going scorpion and didn't think of the healing with jugg's, gonna be sick! Thanks alot for input guys.

TTT does give you some mastery, not to mention increasing your crit damage. I did use a Heroic 0/2 Jugg trinket for Paragons once, and it healed me for 5m. The majority of that is only during scorpion mutation though. link

How do you guys feel about WoD Alpha notes?

Battle Shout now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
    Berserker Rage no longer generates Rage or increases Physical damage dealt.
    Berserker Stance has been removed.
    Cleave has been removed.
    Commanding Shout now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
    Demoralizing Banner has been removed.
    Hamstring is now a passive ability that causes Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Revenge, and Raging Blow to also reduce the target’s movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds.
    Rallying Cry is no longer available to Protection Warriors.
    Recklessness is now available only to Fury and Arms Warriors.
    Skull Banner has been removed.
    Throw has been removed.
    Thunder Clap is no longer available to Fury Warriors.
    Whirlwind is now available only to Fury Warriors.

Huh.. Gonna be strange to adjust to all changes and what we will bring into raid itself. At least haste is becoming something interesting with it's cd reduction. Hopefully all this cuts all over the board won't make game boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    How do you guys feel about WoD Alpha notes?

Battle Shout now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
    Berserker Rage no longer generates Rage or increases Physical damage dealt.
    Berserker Stance has been removed.
    Cleave has been removed.
    Commanding Shout now lasts 1 hour and no longer generates Rage.
    Demoralizing Banner has been removed.
    Hamstring is now a passive ability that causes Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Revenge, and Raging Blow to also reduce the target’s movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds.
    Rallying Cry is no longer available to Protection Warriors.
    Recklessness is now available only to Fury and Arms Warriors.
    Skull Banner has been removed.
    Throw has been removed.
    Thunder Clap is no longer available to Fury Warriors.
    Whirlwind is now available only to Fury Warriors.

Huh.. Gonna be strange to adjust to all changes and what we will bring into raid itself. At least haste is becoming something interesting with it's cd reduction. Hopefully all this cuts all over the board won't make game boring.

There's a thread for this. I'm still in shock about the removal of ALL of our utility. I don't think it will stick. I hope to god, it won't stick.

Deleted
    I dont play atm but had to say something about recklessness change, wtf ?
    Nostalgia perhaps but kinda a deal breaker for me, my warlock is looking more sexy for every wod update, fml.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    There's a thread for this. I'm still in shock about the removal of ALL of our utility. I don't think it will stick. I hope to god, it won't stick.
    They removed all tank raid CDs. It was a good change that needed to happen. Now "you guys bring more raid utility then us" is not an excuse that can be used by other tanks for why they are better then us. You cant just take it as a nerf. It is a change for the better of the game, not for the detriment of Warriors.

My initial reaction is that these are good changes.

I'm most excited about the Druid changes. They basically fixed everything I hated about Guardians and I'm def gonna be testing them. Still waiitng to see if their new AM absorb is physical or all damage.

To the MODS, can we make a different thread for 6.0 tanking changes? Not much productive talk is going to happen mixed in with the DPS and it feels a little out of place here in MoP thread.

Deleted
    The prot warrior of 6.0 is the 5.4 warrior with four cooldowns less, and a few other skills. From the rl pov is more boring, from the prot pov is more boring; I lack more povs. And I do wonder, have the other tanks lose their massive hybrid raid healing in top of raid cds? No?

Also, they had boil down the stat choice to mastery vs haste (yeah, dont mention crit). No numbers yet, but you know how its going to end. Stack haste. At least paladins say its fun when you stack it. Problem is, reforging is gone. But I can get behind shorter gcds, if random loot smiles on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    To the MODS, can we make a different thread for 6.0 tanking changes? Not much productive talk is going to happen mixed in with the DPS and it feels a little out of place here in MoP thread.
    Give me one hour to wake up and reach my pc at work. Moderating on cellphone is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    The prot warrior of 6.0 is the 5.4 warrior with four cooldowns less, and a few other skills. From the rl pov is more boring, from the prot pov is more boring; I lack more povs. And I do wonder, have the other tanks lose their massive hybrid raid healing in top of raid cds? No?
    Yes they lost their raid CD's. Learn to read patch notes outside of warrior next time?

Paladin was the only one with raid healing and they nerfed that in 5.4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Yes they lost their raid CD's. Learn to read patch notes outside of warrior next time?

Yeah, paladin got its raid healing terribly nerfed in 5.4. I won't bother to link some thok logs.

AMZ, Tranq, Zen Med, Monk/Paladin raid healing is still there tho?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Yeah, paladin got its raid healing terribly nerfed in 5.4. I won't bother to link some thok logs.
    While seal of insight got neutered my prot paladin partner still manages to keep both him and me alive on dark shamans heroic 10m without the aid of an additional healer, eternal flame ticking for 200k+ on him and 50k on other targets every 1.6 seconds is still insanely strong + a huge instant heal component (300k on others, full heal on themselves). Oh and that's with regular 4-5 stacks taunt ping pong and no excessive abuse of vengeance..

I really wish i could do something similar and not just intervene one melee swing every 30 seconds and vigilance once every second minute.

But looking through the 6.0 changes at least the hot component of EF gets killed as well so that should be more in line. I'm still somewhat baffeld about the lack of (prot) warrior's raid utility:
    1. no skull banner
    (2. no rallying cry)
    3. no shattering throw
    4. no demo banner
    .. min/maxing guilds will probably want to bring other classes for their aid Ysearia mentioned just one post above.

Uhm what's with brewmaster monks? Up to 50% of their healing done isn't on themselves but the raid and it's mostly absorb which argueable stronger.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-04-04 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    I really wish i could do something similar and not just intervene one melee swing every 30 seconds and vigilance once every second minute.
    Why not just go Safeguard for that fight? You get the Vigilance every 30 seconds in the form of Intervene + a CD. You don't need extra taunt spam on Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    AMZ, Tranq, Zen Med, Monk/Paladin raid healing is still there tho?
    First set of Alpha patch notes. They have said they want to cutdown on raid CDs and the tank pruning is step 1.

AMZ could easily be a DPS only talent.
    Zen Med is terrible but could still easily not be a BrM talent.
    Monk and Paladin raid healing is literally a fraction of what it was earlier this xpac. They could also just make it not scale with vengeance.
    Tranq is horrible unless a talent is taken in which case they still have to leave bear form and channel a like 5 second cast.

A little bit is always game breaking in some cases, depends what you want to achieve. I think problem of AMZ might be case of being a talent and not like Rallying Cry ability that you already have. I understand it's not over with changes as it's just a first overview of their Alpha changes but, I feel little meh.. Although going into past, we did felt similar with Riposte and parry/dodge which end up to be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    While seal of insight got neutered my prot paladin partner still manages to keep both him and me alive on dark shamans heroic 10m without the aid of an additional healer, eternal flame ticking for 200k+ on him and 50k on other targets every 1.6 seconds is still insanely strong + a huge instant heal component (300k on others, full heal on themselves). Oh and that's with regular 4-5 stacks taunt ping pong and no excessive abuse of vengeance..

But looking through the 6.0 changes at least the hot component of EF gets killed as well so that should be more in line. I'm still somewhat baffeld about the lack of (prot) warrior's raid utility:
    1. no skull banner
    (2. no rallying cry)
    3. no shattering throw
    4. no demo banner
    .. min/maxing guilds will probably want to bring other classes for their aid Ysearia mentioned just one post above.

Uhm what's with brewmaster monks? Up to 50% of their healing done isn't on themselves but the raid and it's mostly absorb which argueable stronger.
    You do 10s, which is going to be different from the 20 mythic content. I'll point out that I swapped from Paladin to my Monk for the start of T16, and then swapped to the considerably better warrior later into the tier. The fact that he has a hot rolling on you does NOTHING in damage prevention, while your intervene/safeguard/vigilance will actually prevent damage instead of just healing it back up (preventing > healing).

Not to mention that the major cooldown that paladins tanks have outside of hands is being removed from them (devo aura). With how they are right now, there's no reason to bring one if you're trying to min/max the raid as everything they can do is replaced better by bringing a holy paladin now (or just bring a ret paladin for hands, if that's all you care about).

As for raid guards, you should really look into it more. I don't recall being too overpowered with it once the 15% damage nerf went in. Perhaps in 10m when they can have 30% of the raid covered in mini-shields is fine. If their raid bubble was as good as it was before, their 2p bonus would have been better. Instead they have some really terrible 2p bonus that the majority of which just ignore because it heals for dick all.

If you're scared for your raid spot then you are probably a horrible player anyway. No guild is going to replace their tanks to take a FotM and if you are a top tank you already have every tank class at max level and know how to play them.

If you're scared for your raid spot then you are probably a horrible player anyway. No guild is going to replace their tanks to take a FotM and if you are a top tank you already have every tank class at max level and know how to play them.
    I know how but I just don't want to play Brewmaster

This is actually rather true. Unless you are apping to a new guild who is specifically looking for something.
    Only guilds that are either incredibly low on the ranking scale (constantly rotating members), or guilds that are extremely high on the ranking scale (many alts to tackle different comps) really change out their players for a flavor of the month class. Especially with regards to Tanks.

If you are a stable player in a decent guild, you shouldn't have to worry about getting the axe simply because you got a few nerfs. My guild for example did all of MoP with two Warrior tanks, which was widely regarded as a very weak tanking comp.