Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    With the removal of reforging, with gem slots being a bonus that will be very rare etc they have no choice but to try and make all secondary's worth something. Imagine if you did not have reforging and gemming atm where would you be at with your gear? As they keep trying to make a BIS list harder and harder to get through more and more drops per boss etc the only thing they can do is make everything some what useful or many drop s will just be wasted and gearing up will take a stupid long time. We will have a mathematical BIS but getting there will probably be much harder and without reforging and gemming hitting certain points will be like it was in the past! As such no real alternative than trying to make things beneficial even if they are not the best secondary.
    but we've only had reforging and excess gem slots sort of recently as far as the games existence is concerned. Once you factor in the removal of exp and hit then its even more trivial for prot warriors we dont have anything to reforge to or gem for. you pick a secondary stat you want to go for (whatevers been simmed as BiS) you get that gear if it turns out crit build is better until you reach a certain amount of haste then essentially all you do is grab crit gear aswell until you have enough pieces of haste gear to swap.
    I'm still just not getting what they want to achieve as there will either be a BiS combination of gear or stats on gear will be so trivialized that it doesnt matter what piece of gear you grab in which case knowing your class just became even more irrelevant.
    Last edited by mmoca4bc819dca; 2014-04-16 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    With the lack of reforging and gemming i'd be at more or less the same spot i'm right now: i'd lean towards a favored stat as far as possible while neglecting most others just as ronocko already pointed out. The removal of hit and expertise only helps people getting into the game and raiding (ho lfr!), having less barriers might reduce the risk of underperforming heavily (ie: after building up your supershot with several smaller shot that one misses, greatly decreasing your enjoyment and performance while you did nothing wrong when hitting your buttons to begin with) and it feels way more intuitive to get a highler ilvl piece gear and not need to reconsider it's value due to overcapping hit by another 1000 secondary stats. Just remember the aweful itemisation in ToT for almost anyone and our struggle in this tier with the monster-hit-tier-pants and only place for one other piece of hit gear besides it.

Knowing the class/basics != loading up your AMR profile to tell you what to do with your gear. It's just not a fun part of character progression. What actually was fun was the debate on +spelldamage gear in classic versus pure int, allowing some caster to deal tremendous burst damage while other managed to not going into wand-for-mana-mode to often. And this is what hopefully happens in WoD again, we can pick between two or three attractive stats depending on the fight/meta and get a total different feel for the class.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-04-16 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    My point was more about how for tanks they care first about mitigation and then DPS. We were in the stone age of balance one patch ago, after all, something that doesn't happen with actual DPS classes, mitigation on tanks or healing. Don't wanna hear about "but my class is much worse than...". The dps balance on tanks was several orders of magnitude off of whatever you are going to point out, random non-tank visitor.

It wasn't really case of being terrible at balance, the deltas they reach now are fairly reasonable, it was just that it simply was not in their scope. This patch it was, and I hope it doesn't fall off.

The choice of stats seems compelling enough to me. All of them, except the WIP ones (multistrike and readiness) are interesting enough, and call for a different play. I will miss reforge not because X stat may end being optimal, but because one gameplay will taste better, and I would want to stack it. They are very well capable of making a 2k haste, 2k mastery, 2k crit warrior as good as a 6k haste one. It's just that a mess of flavors will probably taste worse than a pure one.

Was running some numbers earlier, using some of the WoD alpha items and spell tooltips. Using the 672 1h sword (517.5 dps), and pretty close to 672 gear (with mastery), I came close to 4k AP just from gear (strength+mastery scaling). It totaled 1632 mastery and 2732 strength, it does not take into account base strength.

Eddy and I will be on Final Boss this Sunday so come watch and make fun of my NHL Playoff beard.

I guess you can ask some questions too but my attempt at a beard should be the real star of the show.

REALLY looking forward to this episode, should be fantastic.

Deleted
    Good luck and have fun with the show... Eddy is not posting that much as of late? Will try to watch, but I moved over to Germany some weeks ago and my temporal connection is beyond horrible. Even 144p youtube takes ages.

Fun times. 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone who came in and counted my hair touches lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Fun times. 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone who came in and counted my hair touches lol
    Gliff quick question while you are here. Are the WA in your sig the same ones that can be seen in your Garrosh video?

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Gliff quick question while you are here. Are the WA in your sig the same ones that can be seen in your Garrosh video?
    Nope, I changed my WA layout in January.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Good luck and have fun with the show... Eddy is not posting that much as of late? Will try to watch, but I moved over to Germany some weeks ago and my temporal connection is beyond horrible. Even 144p youtube takes ages.
    Yeah got a new job so I've been a little lax on posting of information although reading most of the forum ^^ Will be fixed now, just a lot of changes atm so I'm standing back on most of the in depth theorycrafting until something more solid is published by blizzard that wont change every 2 days ^^

It was an awesome show, and it was great to hear your thoughts and opinions on everything!

Also, was excited you guys spoke of me before the show actually started :x

- - - Updated - - -

I also managed to snag an Essence from a pug Garrosh I did last night - finally have my 2 piece, thank god. Took forever >.>

I'm really loving it, it's nice to have a little passive self-healing (I made a DK with the free boost I got for preordering WoD; love them as well).

Hey guys, my warrior got H WF spoils shield this week and I'm using H Sha Shield atm. Should I bother replacing my shield for the ilvl upgrade even though I lose some dodge for the mastery?

I'm avoidance build, stacking parry gems for HTL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Hey guys, my warrior got H WF spoils shield this week and I'm using H Sha Shield atm. Should I bother replacing my shield for the ilvl upgrade even though I lose some dodge for the mastery?

I'm avoidance build, stacking parry gems for HTL.
    I'd keep the Sha Shield, its probably a waste of gold to go out of your way to reforge all over - stamina is not really doing much for you at this point anyway, so keep sha shield for parry and dodge

Eddy and I will be on Final Boss this Sunday so come watch and make fun of my NHL Playoff beard.

I guess you can ask some questions too but my attempt at a beard should be the real star of the show.
    Hey Guys, great job on the show! I was giving Bay a hard time about how the first episode didn't really count for Prot Warrior theory talk. It was mostly about Sloot being bald, and Sco's eyebrows. So I'm glad he decided to redo some of the classes
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Hey Guys, great job on the show! I was giving Bay a hard time about how the first episode didn't really count for Prot Warrior theory talk. It was mostly about Sloot being bald, and Sco's eyebrows. So I'm glad he decided to redo some of the classes
    I believe the plan is to revisit classes throughout beta and future patches also.

- - - Updated - - -

Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4WT2uSqHA

Aftershow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfiOOM1Xo4

Fun game, keep track of how many times I stop myself from saying "fuck" and use another word lol.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2014-04-22 at 12:30 AM.

Great show boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    You can't get too deep into theorycraft or people wont follow. At the same time, you can't be too vague or else you'll end up sounding like Arv did last week. "I like this talent cause it dee pee ess gooder".

"There has not been one fight where I said to myself, 'Wow, I really wish I had Eternal Flame instead of Shield Barrier'" - Gliff

So Awesome man.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

I believe the plan is to revisit classes throughout beta and future patches also.

- - - Updated - - -

Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4WT2uSqHA

Aftershow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfiOOM1Xo4

Fun game, keep track of how many times I stop myself from saying "fuck" and use another word lol.
    Was a fun show. Yeah like Arch said, much, much better than the DK show last week.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

I have been a DK tank all of MoP. We recently lost our DPS warrior after heroic Garrosh and this is making our repeat kills difficult. Long story short I have decided to switch to warrior for WoD since we have no others and also to take advantage of them finishing out this tier. I have spent the past week and a half getting as ready as I could. I know the priorities and all that. I know when to use CDs since I have been tanking these bosses all expansion. Please don't tell me to get my meta and legendary. If I could snap my fingers and get them then I would.

I am just wondering if getting my feet wet tonight is a good idea or not. I have ten seals saved up so I am hoping to at least get in for the first four bosses. At the same time, I don't want to cause wipes needlessly. I don't see any issue with Immerseus, it's already one tankable so if I just gather the slimes we should be fine. Plus as a block tank I should be decent at slimes. On protectors I normally tank He and Misery when she is up which I don't see as a problem. Norushen is a joke. I can't even remember off the top of my head if sha hits hard or not. I am so used to sleepwalking through this place.

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Oridin/advanced

Tl;dr - Is it going to waste my guild's time trying to go 4/14h with that warrior?