Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    any chance you could provide a screenshot of your ui? I have ran out of space on my bars as a fury warrior...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully separate PvP from PvE. I'm tired of poor Raid performance as an Arms Warrior, and Fury doesn't appeal to me. Fully commit to skill tree balancing, and cut the double standard.

I say revert Warrior's to how they were in Wrath, reduce all around damage a bit and BOOM, lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but get rid of execute being a large portion of our damage. It just makes a raid leader want to sit us out more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    I say revert Warrior's to how they were in Wrath, reduce all around damage a bit and BOOM, lovely
    If you mean the return of Rend, removal of Colossus Smash and Sudden Death proccing Execute again (with a bit of rebalancing, of course) then I'm 100% with you.

If talents like Unrelenting Assault made their way back in, all the better. It was a far more imaginative and elegant design than anything we've seen since and, hopefully, the guys coming back from Titan will make some of this happen.

Alas, I think the designers are dead set against bringing Rend back. It's a shame, because it's a far more interesting attack than Colossus Smash could ever hope to be, as well as being the prime candidate for replacing Hamstring if Piercing Howl remains a talent.

Bring back the weapon mastery for arms warrior and bake it into mastery. This brings more play styles to arms warrior.

Mastery: Master of Weapons (The [value] indicates it is modified by mastery rating)
    2H Sword: Grants a [x%] chance for your melee attacks to instantly trigger TWO additional melee attacks for [y%] weapon damage each. (A more mastery-heavy build since it double dip)

2H Mace: Grants a chance to your special attacks to by-pass all your target armors, if triggered during colossus smash, your special attacks deal [x%] more damage. (Use RPPM system so scale great with haste, allowing a haste-heavy build)

2H Axe: Grant [x%] chance to your melee attacks cause your target to bleed for 2 seconds for 60 % weapon damage, this bleeding effect always crit and critical rating increases this damage. (A crit-heavy build, remove enrage for arms warrior, a weapon master is calm, cunning and calculating. Compensate the enrage damage elsewhere.)

Polearm: Your attack pierce [x%] armor and crit damage deal 10 % more damage. (A mix of crit and mastery/mastery & haste build).

Also, Arms warrior will get an additional abilities unique to the weapon use, an example: Thousand Strikes (unique to 2H sword) - deal x % weapon damage, cause your next 3 special attacks to trigger the 2H sword mastery.

Of course, the x and y values will be balanced so the warrior can choose what weapon to use and build to use.

I stopped playing Prot because the Active Mitigation just isn't as exciting as the others (Like Druid or Paladin) because there isn't much depth or choice in what you spend your resources on and there aren't as many supplementary tools to complement your AM rotation.

I wish there was more management to SB and I wish Rage Management wasn't as boringly static as it currently is with no cooldowns like the Druid's Berserk or Enrage or Incarnation to pump Rage in a bad situation (except shouts, maybe). If they just gave Warriors everything Druids have then it wouldn't help because Druids have awesome hybrid tools that just make it more fun.

The Warrior Tank has lacked tools since Wrath. I would love some weaker but more frequently used cooldowns to give Warriors more of a "Blademaster" feel, constantly throwing out awesome trick shots because their Swordsmanship should be as potent as their Shield and Strength. Maybe a second component to their Active Mitigation to try and balance 100% Block Uptime and bonus Parry? I'd want to see more in-depth Rage Management with more Rage to spend and more to spend it on. I'd rather have a weaker Shield Block that I can spam that scales at a rate of "Average SB per minute" rather than "Average SB per encounter" otherwise better resource generation doesn't feel responsive.

I'd like to see them do more with Dodge and Parry. I'd actually rather they removed the ability for Warriors, Paladins and DKs to Dodge entirely and remove the Monk ability to Parry. I think that Dodge OR Parry should be on Leather or Plate gear, respectively, but with much better rating-to-% scaling since the value of passive mitigation is weaker and less potent now that we have so much more control thanks to AM.

I'd like to see our Mastery reworked to have more of an impact on our rotations and Rage Generation. I liked starting the expansion mostly Block Capped. I liked how that made Crit Block Scale more reliably. But I feel that it just isn't as fun a stat to pump as Haste is for Prot Paladins or Crit is for Guardian Druids. I think more could be done with Crit Hit and Crit Block for Prot Warriors. Exp > Mastery > Parry > Crit is a nice conceptual Stat Weighting versus the Paladin Exp > Haste > Mastery > Parry.

Why did I leave Hit out of those? I'd happily see either us all get Hit Capped by default. We are all, as far as I'm aware, Hit and Exp capping this expansion. I see why but I think it's a bit excessive and certainly it felt that way at the start of Mists. I think that they should just Hit-Cap all Tanks automatically and let us focus on Expertise. One cap-able offensive stat is enough for a Tank to have to manage. Let the DPS worry about having to balance two.

I'd like them to bring back Bonus Armour as a Stat again, appearing on gear in very significant chunks to match the potency of Avoidance in the new paradigm and to make it feel more visceral to when you get some on a piece of gear or as an Enchant. This would have the bonus of making the Druid Mastery more exciting and interesting. I think maybe it's also time we let it reduce spell damage too so that if we get stuck in a magic-heavy tier we'll all have a potential counter to that so that some classes don't get left behind. Plus it would just add to the stat diversity.

tl;dr - better stat diversity, better integration of resource management, more cooldowns, further iteration on active mitigation, better relationship between stats and gameplay and power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lojin88 View Post
    Bring back the weapon mastery for arms warrior and bake it into mastery. This brings more play styles to arms warrior.

Mastery: Master of Weapons (The [value] indicates it is modified by mastery rating)
    2H Sword: Grants a [x%] chance for your melee attacks to instantly trigger TWO additional melee attacks for [y%] weapon damage each. (A more mastery-heavy build since it double dip)

2H Mace: Grants a chance to your special attacks to by-pass all your target armors, if triggered during colossus smash, your special attacks deal [x%] more damage. (Use RPPM system so scale great with haste, allowing a haste-heavy build)

2H Axe: Grant [x%] chance to your melee attacks cause your target to bleed for 2 seconds for 60 % weapon damage, this bleeding effect always crit and critical rating increases this damage. (A crit-heavy build, remove enrage for arms warrior, a weapon master is calm, cunning and calculating. Compensate the enrage damage elsewhere.)

Polearm: Your attack pierce [x%] armor and crit damage deal 10 % more damage. (A mix of crit and mastery/mastery & haste build).

Also, Arms warrior will get an additional abilities unique to the weapon use, an example: Thousand Strikes (unique to 2H sword) - deal x % weapon damage, cause your next 3 special attacks to trigger the 2H sword mastery.

Of course, the x and y values will be balanced so the warrior can choose what weapon to use and build to use.
    The problem with this is that Warriors will determine which one gives the best bonus (there must always be a best option, always) and then rage every time there isn't one of those in a tier with the exact Stat combination they want to build. It wouldn't increase diversity, it would remove it. I do miss Weapon Mastery. I wish they'd do something with it. You just can't balance it.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2013-07-05 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Was a pretty big wall of text so I bolded key points for the skimmers.

I stopped playing Prot because the Active Mitigation just isn't as exciting as the others (Like Druid or Paladin) because there isn't much depth or choice in what you spend your resources on and there aren't as many supplementary tools to complement your AM rotation.
    Yeah paladin active mitigation is full of choices ! Wait no it isn't. You hit ShotR 99.9% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Yeah paladin active mitigation is full of choices ! Wait no it isn't. You hit ShotR 99.9% of the time.
    If you never use WoG, FR or T&C then you are bad. I count any skills you use to reduce damage taken as active mitigation.