Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Patriot Act = using the IRS to intimidate conservative groups? Interesting indeed.
    I meant the NSA stuff... I barely know and care what the IRS is anyway, so you can tell me what it is/sending a page about it so I can educate myself.

Has any president ever really been seen as a good president overall during their presidency? I'd say the vast majority probably aren't seen as good/bad until well after their presidency is over.

Reagan and beyond are really group apart from the presidents before them due to the arrival and growth of the internet and the faster exchange of information and opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Has any president ever really been seen as a good president overall during their presidency? I'd say the vast majority probably aren't seen as good/bad until well after their presidency is over.

Reagan and beyond are really group apart from the presidents before them due to the arrival and growth of the internet and the faster exchange of information and opinion.
    most people like Roosevelt... the second one that is
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    I meant the NSA stuff... I barely know and care what the IRS is anyway, so you can tell me what it is/sending a page about it so I can educate myself.
    IRS is the US Federal Government's version of the tax man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    most people like Roosevelt... the second one that is
    People like the first Roosevelt as much or more than the second one. I don't see FDR's face on Rushmore.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Everything he promised he did the opposite of.
    Are you saying Club Gitmo is still open? WTF?

I am pretty sure the oceans have begun to recede though.

On the "plus" side, we do have record food stamp, disability, and welfare rolls.

And obamacare has reduced premiums by like $2500 or something completely not like that....and nobody making less than $250k has had their taxes go up 1 cent.

But he did kill Osama in hand to hand mortal combat.

*disclaimer: the above is absolute liberal talking point bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    This Administration also puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we demand…

That means no more illegal wire-tapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. And it is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists… We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary.”

Read more: http://www.storyleak.com/obama-2007-...#ixzz2WE0Cz876
    when someone says something like this a meer 6 years ago then is proven to have lied about all of it in the last few weeks is why people cant stand him he made all sorts of promises he hasnt even come close to delivering on
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

If you barely know / care what the IRS is....

Never mind.

Considering what he was given I can't really fault him all that much. It seems like a lot of people think the president can do more than they actually can.

Maleficus, the record food stamp, disability, and welfare rolls couldn't have fuck all to do with the massive global recession, right? It's all Obama's fault!

Everything else is more or less truish. Obama hasn't advanced even half of his campaign promises, and anyone that thought voting in a Democratic president wouldn't lead to a tax hike of some degree when we were in debt was dreaming.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

So, why is Obama seen as a bad president? I mean Romney would have done a lot less than Obama has done.
    -Obamacare
    That's part of the reason why
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Because a lot of people forgot their tinfoil hats, and every president is hated. People themselves don't know what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    when someone says something like this a meer 6 years ago then is proven to have lied about all of it in the last few weeks is why people cant stand him he made all sorts of promises he hasnt even come close to delivering on
    Eh, strictly speaking it's politician double-talk. The NSA wiretapping isn't illegal, thanks to Bush's Patriot Act that has been simultaneously denounced/supported by every member of government bar a few outliers since first written.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriot Act = using the IRS to intimidate conservative groups? Interesting indeed.
    Obama wasn't even complicit in that.
    Putin khuliyo

Not sure if troll...

He's a bad President because he sold us a bill of goods. He's no different than the previous President, he just happened to run on the Democrat ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    *disclaimer: the above is absolute liberal talking point bullshit.
    No, the above is absolute strawman bullshit.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Bush sucked and Obama is good, but that's just me
    But they're the same person?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, why is Obama seen as a bad president? I mean Romney would have done a lot less than Obama has done.
    What makes you think this? Romney is a wizard at turning around poor economic situations. Read up on his policies in Massachusetts, in Bain and Company, at the Salt Lake City Olympics. If you do not approve of him socially, fine, I can understand that. However, anyone arguing that Romney doesn't know how to turn around bleak economic situations is arguing purely from ignorance.
    Last edited by Jaxi; 2013-06-14 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Auto-correct was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Obama wasn't even complicit in that.
    We can't confirm that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Maleficus, the record food stamp, disability, and welfare rolls couldn't have fuck all to do with the massive global recession, right? It's all Obama's fault!.
    Massive global recession....caused by Bush, right? Or is it from, as is so often noted, all the rest of the "sane" world's lefty ideology?

If nothing is obama's fault, the same has to be said about Bush.