Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I would much rather have an imablanced game with choices than one with none at all. I accept when I play a game like this that, despite the developers' attempts, it will *NEVER* be balanced. It simply isn't possible.

It's part of the fun.

Is this like a Hardcore raider asking for harder raids?

Hardcore Casual BITCHES!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

If they want an even playing field, one class, one spec. Everybody gets exactly the same suite of offensive, defensive, and healing abilities. Everybody gets exactly the same CC and interrupts. Nobody gets anything special. It'll be PVP nirvana, I'm sure. PVPers will flock to it - it'll be like chess, but with (identical) swords and (identical) spells, and PVEers will never have to worry about raid comp again. Of course, it won't be the game that so many people fell in love with in vanilla, or BC, or Wrath, or even Cata. But it'll be balanced. And chess _is_ a popular game, so a perfectly level playing field must have some appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by fisticuffs View Post
    Just curious as to why you think its a terrible idea?

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:44 PM ----------

Either do away with them or Blizz quit nerfing and changing them
    No, not do away with them. They're fine the way they are. Even if they change and nerf them. Quit fuckin crying over KJC

Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    Ya cause cookie cutter / looking on WoWhead for builds wasn't easy anough. /sarcasm
    Yea, because there are no cookie-cutter builds at the moment >.> /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Anyway, bad idea, the current talent system works good. I like being able to swap depending on what kind of situation I'm in. It's good but it just needs some tuning here and there.
    I guess it depends on your class, but looking at the talents as a PvE Rogue, the whole thing adds nothing to the game. There's less choice than with the old talent system (granted the choice was not great there either).

Players should be able to choose and make in effect make bad choices for their character.... It's part of the learning experience in RPG's and WoW has been going away from that model which is somewhat unfortunate. Removing talents all together though would do nothing except give the player no choices at all which leads to an extremely boring game.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    No, not do away with them. They're fine the way they are. Even if they change and nerf them. Quit fuckin crying over KJC
    Quit crying over KJC? You seem to know nothing of how warlocks feel and if you do and sum it up as "QQ" then you are pathetic and narrow minded.

That said talents are fine, gives the feel of you actually affecting your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's an RPG - the concept of loveling up and deciding how to build and play your character is paramount - the end!
    But you get more restrictions every expansion .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Yea, because there are no cookie-cutter builds at the moment >.> /sarcasm
    People now change talents for example based on encounter or depending what combo they are against in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    You have more combinations now than before, how is that watered down?
    How is that even possible? There are far less choices so it's impossible to have more combinations.

And anyone still saying the MoP talents aren't simpler/easier/watered down really needs to stop embarrassing themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    People now change talents for example based on encounter or depending what combo they are against in arena.
    I don't think you can see before hand what combo you are against in arena and you can't change talents when inside the arena iirc. Or they changed something?

You can change talents based on the boss you are fighting but the impact is minimal and it gets boring very fast. Besides that, it was bugged for me for months and every time I wanted to change talents I had to reload.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I don't think you can see before hand what combo you are against in arena and you can't change talents when inside the arena iirc. Or they changed something?
    You can see what combo you are facing and change talents in arenas. At least with ElvUI I see my opponents specs, but I would assume that it is in default UI also.

Edit: I would like to add, that at least for me it's fun to have small changes to your gameplay by having to switch talents here and there. Nothing big, but I like it more than how things were in the past when you pretty much had always the same talent.
    Last edited by mmoc267d78c845; 2013-06-17 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that even possible? There are far less choices so it's impossible to have more combinations.

And anyone still saying the MoP talents aren't simpler/easier/watered down really needs to stop embarrassing themselves.[COLOR="red"]
    Well the math is as follows, 3(talent choices)*3*3*3*3*3 = 729 combinations per class, not terrible really

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Well the math is as follows, 3(talent choices)*3*3*3*3*3 = 729 combinations per class, not terrible really
    Except in most cases the choice boils down to: "makes no difference what you pick", or "pick 1 for leveling, pick 2 for pvp, pick 3 for pve". Not exactly mind blowing choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, i general i tend to ignore the suggested talents and pick the ones i enjoy the most. In raiding there haven't been a ton of times that I have been forced into a particular talent and even then they generally aren't the ones i care about.

I played shadow priest and I liked having the Divine Star because i just did. Of course everywhere it was ONLY BADS DON'T USE HALO which I ignored and continued using the spell I enjoyed using. Now they have brought it more inline with halo by changing it bit by bit.

Yes some circumstances get the most benefit from X ability but that is how it has been in every game since damn near the dawn of the technology age. Use your toolkit wisely and you will benefit greatly.

Very few of the talents have been gigantically better than their counter parts, and I don't know if there are any right now. Yes like I said some are still better in certain circumstances but its not like its going to be a 10% damage difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Its incredibly easy to banish cookie-cutter builds. You do it by making build power dynamic.

If the percentage of mages in the game using a certain spec reaches a threshold, the skills automatically get nerfed, and other ones get buffed. Implement that, and over time all trees would find their own balance without blizzard needing to do anything.
    And so people look up what mages are X spec and not preforming well, and so by there decision pulling the current meta spec down. Resulting in a torrent of grief and QQ never before seen. Or people will never accept a middle ground and constantly swap to the least played and therefore most powerful spec
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    They wouldn't be talent if you could not opt into or away from them, this would make them a racial. Racial's need to be removed already because some of them are already way to over powered meaning people pick a race for it's racial, rather than how it looks, or the story line of that race.

10+ Year Old Account

And anyone still saying the MoP talents aren't simpler/easier/watered down really needs to stop embarrassing themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 08:05 AM ----------

You can change talents based on the boss you are fighting but the impact is minimal and it gets boring very fast. Besides that, it was bugged for me for months and every time I wanted to change talents I had to reload.

/Agree with this statement, every expansion our abilities get narrower and narrower along with the people who play the game get lesser and lesser

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post

It actually is pretty terrible since the choices before were in the 10,000 range before they did this mass change.