Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost Bomb not detonating ...

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sometimes Frost Bomb will just drop of the mob. I can't tell if it has exploded, but there is no Brain Freeze proc.

Happens on elites of Isles of Thunder and Isles of Giants quite a bit.

I'd wager that its the same issue Warlocks have with Shadowflame. The adds are immune to the slow, so they end up immune to the damage as well. Happens to me with the Large Raptor mobs on the Isle of Giants and a few of the Elite non-quest non-rare mobs in Isle of Thunder.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'd wager that its the same issue Warlocks have with Shadowflame. The adds are immune to the slow, so they end up immune to the damage as well. Happens to me with the Large Raptor mobs on the Isle of Giants and a few of the Elite non-quest non-rare mobs in Isle of Thunder.
    The funny thing is, sometimes it detonates fine and I get my Brain Freeze proc. Sometimes it doesn't.

I thought at first it was a "range issue", I kite a lot so being too far away might be causing it to drop off/not detonate, but nope. I have seen it fall off the Fleshcrafter Hoku and I'm definitely within 30 yards of him.

I think some of the adds can self-cleanse.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    I think some of the adds can self-cleanse.
    Not Fleshcrafter Hoku.

Deleted
    I have see some time my Arcane Brilliance just "vanish" too

15+ Year Old Account
    It happens to me a LOT on Isle of Thunder. The mobs aren't even elite, they just randomly don't generate BF procs upon detonation.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that nether tempest, Living bomb and Frost bomb have a chance to generate a frostfire bolt proc when dealing damage, this means you are not guaranteed to get a proc for every Frost bomb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that nether tempest, Living bomb and Frost bomb have a chance to generate a frostfire bolt proc when dealing damage, this means you are not guaranteed to get a proc for every Frost bomb.
    Frost Bomb has a 100% chance to proc Brain Freeze.
    BfA Beta Time

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    For Frost Bomb the chance is 100%. It's not written down anyway, but it's common knowledge among Mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    For Frost Bomb the chance is 100%. It's not written down anyway, but it's common knowledge among Mages.
    Ah well, I've always stuck with LB or NT, could never deal with the constant casting of FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Devs only want you to use Nether Tempest. :P
    GC's "watching it closely", which basically means expect a nerf to multi-dotting in the future.

In other words, not really. They "want" us to pick whatever, but NT is just so much better than the others.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Another thing they can do : removing the interaction between Haste and the 3 bombs.

If NT and LB don't add new ticks with haste, and Frost bomb don't change from it 4s/10s, there will be a lot less problem.
    You won't take NT because it have more proc/tick with more haste but because you want/prefer to use it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK just fought Mumta yesterday for valour.

None of my frost bombs detonated - yes I checked the combat log. No Brain Freeze procs of course. All I got for casting frost bomb was a cool down.

This has got to be a bug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    OK just fought Mumta yesterday for valour.

None of my frost bombs detonated - yes I checked the combat log. No Brain Freeze procs of course. All I got for casting frost bomb was a cool down.

This has got to be a bug.
    It is. I reported it as a bug when it first happened. They told me they're keeping an eye on it and seeing if it is replicated on the 5.3 PTR. Woo hoo, I guess?
    BfA Beta Time

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 5.3 is here! So is the bug ...

Jesus. What must we do to get Blizzard to fix this serious mechanic bug?

I have been having this problem a lot while leveling my mage. Currently 89 and I have seen it happen against NPC's and players. I figured it was a bug. Havent seen any bliz notes on this yet.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

This has happened to me quite often as I was levelling. So frustrating to be honest, as I click BF in anticipation of FFB and just start casting it. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I have see some time my Arcane Brilliance just "vanish" too
    This happens to me as well. But frost bomb is working fine for me..