Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    #whydopeoplehashtagstuffnowadays? - that what you mean? Because then I am completely dumb on that point.. Haha.. Don't even know why/when or where you do it.. Think.. It was from twitter first? Dunno.. hehe
    Don't know who did it first, but twitter is to blame for all the cool kids doing it and you can do it anywhere you want, even a tattoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind bots. Easy kills in battlegrounds. And it is nice that there is often plentiful raw materials in AH for an inhumanly low price. Without bots, professions in this game are somewhat broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    The bots will not be stopped until they have killed John Conner.
    ahahhaa

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Most of the bots are easy to spot, hence the "playstyle". Bots are usually based on some sort of software AI that uses waypoints to move the character. If Blizzard had some sort of brainy nerd to develop an algorithm to see the difference between pattern-like behaviour and human behaviour, it could help to narrow down reported players with some sort of automation.
    It already exists. LCP detection is hitting gatherbots.. Hard..

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, the only bots I enjoy making life a living hell for, is the Auction Snipers. Go to a neutral auction house and find a char that is far away from the NPC but still at times targetting him - That's a bot or a bastard using one of those dumb programs, doesn't matter, should be removed anyways... If on a PvP server, I MC them into the water. Non-pvp, well, I kill the auctioneer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

In an interview with the developers behind "Honorbuddy" (the most widely used and bought botting program for WoW) the developers had this to say:

"Interviewer: User customization seems to contribute to the fact that Honorbuddy still remains undetected by Blzzard’s proprietary warden anti-cheat software. We’ve seen the rise and fall of many bots over time, and it seems like Blizzard turns to the courts when they cannot counter a well-coded hack or bot. Do you think that they’re doing this only because they cannot crush your company’s program like they’ve done with so many other professional teams?

Developer 1: No, that’s not the case. They have not tried to detect us. Our Tripwire has been idle apart from the week it was installed and then found Blizzard had already stumbled upon us while looking for a LUA hack."

It seems Blizzard isn't even employing anti-cheat software :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    In an interview with the developers behind "Honorbuddy" (the most widely used and bought botting program for WoW) the developers had this to say:

"Interviewer: User customization seems to contribute to the fact that Honorbuddy still remains undetected by Blzzard’s proprietary warden anti-cheat software. We’ve seen the rise and fall of many bots over time, and it seems like Blizzard turns to the courts when they cannot counter a well-coded hack or bot. Do you think that they’re doing this only because they cannot crush your company’s program like they’ve done with so many other professional teams?

Developer 1: No, that’s not the case. They have not tried to detect us. Our Tripwire has been idle apart from the week it was installed and then found Blizzard had already stumbled upon us while looking for a LUA hack."

It seems Blizzard isn't even employing anti-cheat software :/
    Trusting the words of the developers of a cheating software seems legit :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Oh dear, you have it bad, You clearly know nothing of the process, Botting cannot be stopped, as long as people are allowed to log into the game, then botting will happen, since WoW's launch tons of bot programs have been crippled, and it's just the same with everything, when one solution breaks something, they just update the program, it will always be that way, You are spreading misinformation, And please, you clearly never took off that tinfoil hat of yours.
    Thank you for proving my point. So why cry about it? Honorbuddy existed before Glyder existed and it still exists. There is currently a court battle in Germany??? You really think Blizzard is gonna win that? Its not a battle. It's already LOST. Bossland is German and no court in Germany is gonna rule on an American company over a German owned company. With this last post you just confirmed what ive been saying this whole time. STFU and deal with it as i've stated before. The botting will NEVER end. Blizzard can do NOTHING about it. Matter of fact, I might open a second account just to see how this botting scheme works. Hey I might like it enough to contribute to the problem and finally show you how you just made me curious enough to give it a shot.
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2013-07-01 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. So why cry about it? Honorbuddy existed before Glyder existed and it still exists. There is currently a court battle in Germany??? You really think Blizzard is gonna win that? Its not a battle. It's already LOST. Bossland is German and no court in Germany is gonna rule on an American company over a German owned company. With this last post you just confirmed what ive been saying this whole time. STFU and deal with it as i've stated before. The botting will NEVER end. Blizzard can do NOTHING about it. Matter of fact, I might open a second account just to see how this botting scheme works. Hey I might like it enough to contribute to the problem and finally show you how you just made me curious enough to give it a shot.
    actually blizzard can do plenty about it , but WONT do nothing about it because well 2 words for u my friend `monthly fee`

The funny thing is, my bot is usually top 3 in every bg i join.
    Its capping bases, flags, nodes and does everything better then those 9/14/39 other tards.

No fucking way im gonna go in there myself and play with a bunch of mongols.
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2013-07-01 at 12:11 PM.

The whole myth about FPS having anti botting/cheating software that works is laughable at best. I play a ton of FPS's online over the years from the Battlefield games to CS,Quake 3 and CoD and let me tell you yeah there is anti cheating botting software and it doesn't stop aim bots. People make their own software for their own use which isnt hard so its really hard for a game to detect it. Just like all these games make all this anti piracy DRM how does that work out for them? People always find a way to bypass such measures. Blizzard is well aware of botting but there really isn't awhole lot they can do to make it stop for good other then monitoring your entire active programs and even that wouldn't be near 100% stoppage.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    You are one angry lil guy Bless^_^ You're talking shit, you're full of shit, go learn some facts, only thing that has been proven here is you're a crybaby who needs to grow up, Stop trying to backpeddle, you said blizz do nothing to stop botting, that was not true, and a blatant blind lie, which has already been proven wrong, so saying blizzard can do "NOTHING" about it is wrong, otherwise people wouldn't get banned, so people getting banned, is in your kiddy cap language "SOMETHING" lol

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why blizzard doesn't remove the click to move option from the interface.
    Oh wait, that might be because if they did the most famous bot atm would stop working! Which leads to less $$ from all the gold farmers.

I bet more people use click to move than you think.

haha. I haven't played WoW for ages but this thread brought back old memories.

Still the botting issue.

Still Blizzard not implementing CAPTCHA because "they are working on more elegant solution to stop the botting".

rofl.

Nice to see that WoW is pushing 9 years and Blizzard is "still working on it".

Just keep reporting guys, Blizzard will "soon" have a solution.

Meanwhile CAPTCHA still works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    To be extremely honest I'd rather have botters than stuff like click to move removed simply because I reckon there actually are disabled players who play with click to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    To be extremely honest I'd rather have botters than stuff like click to move removed simply because I reckon there actually are disabled players who play with click to move.
    Here i was thinking it was for LoL / Diablo 3 players....

just did an AB with 12 bots. they were all standing at exactly the same flag running in circles.

it is getting frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    The whole myth about FPS having anti botting/cheating software that works is laughable at best. I play a ton of FPS's online over the years from the Battlefield games to CS,Quake 3 and CoD and let me tell you yeah there is anti cheating botting software and it doesn't stop aim bots. People make their own software for their own use which isnt hard so its really hard for a game to detect it. Just like all these games make all this anti piracy DRM how does that work out for them? People always find a way to bypass such measures. Blizzard is well aware of botting but there really isn't awhole lot they can do to make it stop for good other then monitoring your entire active programs and even that wouldn't be near 100% stoppage.
    i run battlefield 3 servers, i find cheaters daily. but at least i have the power to ban them instead of just ignoring them.

there are many tools i have been provided with to ban players such as :
    - PBBans database
    - GGC-stream database
    - metabans database
    - pbscreens player screenshots
    - in-game stats tracking (you can easly detect if player is using aimbot or not by calculating his headshot % etc..) with the stats i have i can catch first timers as well. very easy

i am not saying it is easy on wow to catch botters, just wanted to prove that catching cheaters on fps games is easy.
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2013-07-02 at 06:04 AM.

Captcha to do what? Login? Queue for a BG? Mine a node?

If it's just to log in, the person running the bot would just enter the captcha then let it run. If it's not, what would you suggest slapping a captcha on that wouldn't be hilariously intrusive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    But for how many people is it absolutely necessary? And I don't deem "it's a handy way of making your flying mount level" as either necessary or ample trade off for keeping botters around.

My only concern regarding its removal is that it could impact people with disabilities... but I would think that, if you were able to manipulate a mouse and move it to click and whatnot, wouldn't you be able to steer with the mouse as well?

Quote Originally Posted by me8998 View Post
    Captcha to do what? Login? Queue for a BG? Mine a node?

If it's just to log in, the person running the bot would just enter the captcha then let it run. If it's not, what would you suggest slapping a captcha on that wouldn't be hilariously intrusive?
    How about people that have been reported for botting numerous times or have been previously caught botting have Captchas instated for them after each Battleground?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-02 at 06:10 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will never get rid of bots as long as those people botting pay for the accounts. They might do an occasional ban sweep, just to appease the player base.

The reality though, money talks and bullshit walks
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger