Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Disc - What Spirit levels do you feel comfortable with? [10 man]

Hey guys!

So my group's been progessing in Heroic Throne of Thunder and I've noticed that I run on more or less infinite mana. Now, that's pretty awesome and I don't have any problems keeping them alive or anything. However, I have over 16k Spirit at the moment and I was wondering if I should perhaps get rid of some for more throughput and secondary stats.

This is me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enara/advanced

Now I'm not looking for you guys to "fix me" but rather how much Spirit you feel you are comfortable with running 10man / 10man heroic. If you wanna drop a note about my character along the way, that's fine with me.

I think I could easily get rid of 3-4k Spirit and still not have mana troubles. According to my calculations, I could get something ~1.5k Spellpower and roughly 2% Mastery, 1% Crit and 1% Haste in exchange.

So, what about you guys?

Deleted
    16k??! I run with 8k on most fights and I never go above 8.5k. Even if you just spam PoH which you shouldnt you will still be on full mana with 16k spirit. You never want to end a fight on full mana, thats just a waste of stats that you could have used somewhere else.

Deleted
    Defo a bit on the high end, I myself run with close to 12k which still means I could drop some, but I chose not to so I can go holy whenever I feel like it (on farm bosses ofc, reforging won't be ideal for holy)

I'd definitely start replacing your full spirit gems for some throughput gems and stop reforging throughput secondaries into spirit, but the other way around.

jesus christ do you literally do nothing but chain PWS? i mean your mana could probably support it.

wow you even took the spirit cloak. i just...

on topic, i've never needed more than 10k spirit since getting the meta, but i only ever heal as the 3rd healer.

Deleted
    I always wonder what disc priests cast with 16 k Spirit , Flash heal and PWS?

10 man 8 HC guild I'm running with 12 k Spirit and feel I can drop easy to 11k, you missing on secondary stats by gemming so much Spirit , damn you even put + 200 spirit enchant on chest .

Deleted
    If any 25 man raider reads this I'd be interested in hearing what spirit levels they currently run / ran when progressing on 25 heroics?

I read some people go with 9k spirit, I'm guessing thats more towards 10mans where atonement is more viable as a fulltime filler, but I'm personally comfortable around 12k. I currently stand at 8/13hc in 25s, and especially fights like Twin consorts and Primordius I feel 12k is far from too much. I use Shields quite a lot as I'm the only disc in our raids, but with 12k I find myself being quite ok having 30%+ of my healing done come from Shields with very little "overhealing", ie unnecessary absorbs.

I can understand 9k can be alright if you have mana tides and are perfectly comfortable with a heroic fight, but what are the numbers others are going for around progression?

16k sounds like a lot, like a lot a lot for a 10 man
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-06-14 at 10:24 AM.

hello,
    Im doing 10man and I am on ra-den now. never had more then 12,2k spirit on my gear. on our 3 first heroics bosses I had about 11k.
    only fight where I remember that I had to think about my mana (pot, hymn, uhhh less overheal!) was megaera hc when we were progressing on it.

atm i have 12,1k and i am aware that even this is far too much for my needs - im considering dropping it even more.

I checked your logs (hope you dont mind, im such a spy) and what I notice, is that you only used 7 shields on your iron qon hc kill. seeing this, I have no idea what you might need all that spirit/mana for, as your playstyle seems not to be very mana-burning, your overhealing is not any crazy.

I know that we all have our own playstyles and things that work for us, but in case you would be willing to try something else for a change, my suggestion would be getting rid of all pure-spirit gems and taking back that reforge of chest item. try 1-2 raids like that and see how your output changed and if mana became any problem
    Last edited by babylon; 2013-06-14 at 10:28 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 healed heroic council as disc + resto shammy, 11.5k spirit both on our first kill, pretty confortable... I think more is overkill for the fight we've done. Yarosia well of eternity eu. Logs on wol if u need. That's the heaviest healing boss till now.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    jesus christ do you literally do nothing but chain PWS? i mean your mana could probably support it.
    It can ;P

Thanks for the many answers so far! I'll definitely look into dropping to at least 12k then, seeing that 11-12k seems to be the general consensus.

11k for me atm but im thinking about switching legendary meta gem and dropping spirit down to 9-10k ish (im using dps one currently)

i do however have double spirit trinket and cloak (tailor) so yea probably more spirit (but i like those regen trinkets zzzzz)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    We're 8/13 hc now and I'm playing with ~ 16k spirit, if I'm also playing holy (our raiddps sucks, so mana can be a problem if I'm holy). If I know, I will play disc the whole id I'm running with ~ 9k spirit and full crit.

sitting on 13-14k myself. Its very much on the high end, but it depends on your group soly. My group tends to gain more from as much absorb i can put out there as the two other healers prefere how it is to heal it like this. Worked very well so far. Its waaaaaaaay to much to just spam atonement for sure :P But ye chaining Pw:s, spirit shells and binding heal now and then without being in an mana trouble is fun. The high amount of spirit also let me make mistakes which happens as im overlooking the whole raid group as Raid leader. It just gives me a bit of room to breath :P = go with what ever you are comfortable with.

I run with 11k while 2-healing almost everything together with a holy paladin (3/13hc so far) and feel I can dip even lower.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rdsteve/simple
    Last edited by Pf0llz0r; 2013-06-14 at 02:15 PM.
    Congratz Jesus the Solar Messiah, Ynf Ynf!
    Mah Warrior

I'm sitting comfortably at 11K, and I am pretty sure I will be dropping to 10K now that I swapped from the mind-bender talent to Solace.

Wow, 16k and double regen trinkets?

Yeah, I'd definitely reforge (and gem) away a ton of Spirit. I jumped on the Crit bandwagon this tier and geared accordingly but am finding Mastery to be way more beneficial in the later heroics (I'm 8/13H). If I were you I'd go for a balance of Mastery and Crit to replace your regen. I run around 12k spirit now but that's mostly because I needed that much for Heroic Council... that fight was pretty rough on mana. Once the harder heroics are farm content I'm sure I'll drop more.

Like quitecute said, the amount of mana you have to use/waste can really depend on your guilds DPS (Council being the big example here since pushing empowered bosses late or killing spirits slowly can mean having to pump out extra healing).

Honestly I prefer higher spirit for progression, but 16k seems a bit excessive to me, especially with the meta gem :P

11k with 1 regen trinket (Normal Spirits)...would replace with Horridon's. Trinket drop RNG hates me.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2013-06-14 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    9k with spirits hc and horrdion hc (progress 13/13hc)

10k at most. I went for 10k and healed all 13/13 and never went OOM so could probably go lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im setting at 12k right now. Hard to drop more, since I play Holy offspec and if I drop to like 10k and then decide I'm going Holy for a fight, well, yea, that won't work. The only time I've OOM'd at 12k is H Meg when we had our boomkin having to heal since we were missing our main 3rd and I had to go shield spam mode. Yea, that was some serious mana drain...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're filling full time with atonement, 10-12k should be fine for normal. No idea about heroic.