Just linking it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really excited about Dragon Age 3.

If Bioware can turn around their bad PR from Dragon age 2 and Mass Effect 3, then I would have faith in them again. They pretty much destroyed both of those. Seeing an apology from Casey Hudson made me feel that they're at least trying.

They need to spend more than just ONE DAMN YEAR making a game.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-06-18 at 06:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be happy if I can go back to being Dalish. That was my favorite Origin story - I didn't like being forced human in the 2nd game. Other than that, the graphics look pretty sweet to me, I was looking at the rain drops running down that darkspawn's neck.

I'm for one excited to see Dragon Age with the Frostbite3 engine, it's a good engine after all.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

First teaser trailer looks great, if you ask me. Then again: It doesn't really tell us anything.
    I'm still hoping for something as great as DA:O for the third game. And I'm not buying it until I've got some conformation that it's at least much better than DAII.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... DA2 was a big disappointment compared to DAO, plus the pound of flesh EA collected after TOR failed to perform? I'll wait till after launch, lots of reviews, and a sale, before even thinking about picking it up.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Meh... DA2 was a big disappointment compared to DAO, plus the pound of flesh EA collected after TOR failed to perform? I'll wait till after launch, lots of reviews, and a sale, before even thinking about picking it up.
    Yep, I agree with this.

In fact my faith in Bioware has been shaken these last few years. There was a time, where the Bioware label meant an instant purchase for me. Not anymore, not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I'll be happy if I can go back to being Dalish. That was my favorite Origin story - I didn't like being forced human in the 2nd game. Other than that, the graphics look pretty sweet to me, I was looking at the rain drops running down that darkspawn's neck.
    The cool thing about Origins is that they had a story for everyone. Personally, I liked the City Elf Origin more than any other. The Human Noble was another noteworthy one.

As for the trailers...DragonAge Origins had a lot cooler trailers. The Grey Warden pushing open the gates with all those Darkspawn is just an awesome iconic image. For Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8RBe5f3d3Y

DragonAge 2 was not a bad game, but it failed HARD compared to what fans of the series expected in a sequel to Origins. Hopefully they were reminded about what made Origins successful and an unexpected breakout hit. I remember the sales charts for Origins being posted, and it was an anomoly because as weeks passed it sold more and more as word of mouth spread about how awesome it was. DragonAge 2 had amazing sales out of the gate and then fell off a cliff...because of word of mouth.

I'm excited but disappointed we will be pushed into a human-only protagonist again. I want ma dwarf D:

I'm hoping it'll be good.

I'm not holding my breath though.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Deleted
    I hope it's none of that consolized arcade bullshit that DA2 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    hasn't bioware been significantly reforged since TOR? many people left, incuding the founders and more people came in?
    Or that did not invole the dragon age team maybe?
    I don't think the Dragon Age team was affected much if at all.

I was one that liked DA2 but I recognized that it had a lot of faults. Still I enjoyed the game. The biggest cause of those problems was EA trying to rush the game out. There were even some developers admitting that was the case. So yeah, an aggressive publisher can have a significant adverse effect on a developer. However, it looks like they have learned their lesson and are giving Bioware plenty of time to develop the game.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-06-18 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The news I read was that it would be human and new protagonist. No Hawk and no Warden.

I actually would like them to continue with that because I want the voice acted main character. I like voice acting and good story in a Bioware game. They just cut too much away with Dragon Age 2 and didn't add enough on. Plus, the combat looked ugly with less strategy. Like Dynasty warriors type ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I remember pre-ordering Dragon Age 2 out of hype, yes... It happened. And it was the biggest mistake I ever made in buying games. Wont ever repeat that one. Will wait for reviews, videos etc, and only considering them will decide to buy the game or not. If it happens to be more like DAO, like A LOT MORE, then that will be a good selling point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    Thats not a darkspawn though. Also is that Varric @ the start? it doesn't look like him at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...I guess the Burning Legion can't be involved in the next expansion pack for WoW since they are invading Dragon Age >.>

I'm starting to lose all hope for the fantasy genre as we are really beating the dead horse of cliches into the ground. Combine that with the fact that EA and the 'new' bioware are making it...I have no hope for this game. I love being proved wrong though (when it's in my favor).
    BAD WOLF

I guess Morrigan will be day1 DLC, and certainly there will be some "exciting new features" that will make always online connection totally necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Combine that with the fact that EA and the 'new' bioware are making it...I have no hope for this game. I love being proved wrong though (when it's in my favor).
    I still have some faith in Bioware after hearing the developers apologize and promise. It's a lot better than the stone-cold responses we got before. Geez, why do I keep doing this to myself? Tina just keeps cheating on me, and I take her back.

EA however is a bastard. I don't want multiplayer in my RPG's damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The news I read was that it would be human and new protagonist. No Hawk and no Warden.

I actually would like them to continue with that because I want the voice acted main character. I like voice acting and good story in a Bioware game. They just cut too much away with Dragon Age 2 and didn't add enough on. Plus, the combat looked ugly with less strategy. Like Dynasty warriors type ugly.
    If it actually was, the combat system could of been improved. Felt too weak and crappy(When I fought anyways)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So...I guess the Burning Legion can't be involved in the next expansion pack for WoW since they are invading Dragon Age >.>

I'm starting to lose all hope for the fantasy genre as we are really beating the dead horse of cliches into the ground. Combine that with the fact that EA and the 'new' bioware are making it...I have no hope for this game. I love being proved wrong though (when it's in my favor).
    Honestly, I played through the first and still can't find the appeal to it or why it got the following it has : /