Page 6 of 533 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They've hinted that they took major cues from Skyrim and will have a much more open game world. For chrissake, this is a company that is offering a new ending to ME3 completely for free because people have said how much they dislike it. It's clear that they're open to criticism and making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    They've hinted that they took major cues from Skyrim and will have a much more open game world. For chrissake, this is a company that is offering a new ending to ME3 completely for free because people have said how much they dislike it. It's clear that they're open to criticism and making changes.
    They also just came out with a free multiplayer pack with two new maps and a new character race for each class. People are just jumping on the bandwagon of 'lets hate Bioware' and 'LOL ITS EA SO IT MUST SUCKZORS!'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    They also just came out with a free multiplayer pack with two new maps and a new character race for each class. People are just jumping on the bandwagon of 'lets hate Bioware' and 'LOL ITS EA SO IT MUST SUCKZORS!'.
    Oh that doesn't matter. Look I agree it's good that their giving out free stuff to people and I'm excited about it as well. The problem is even when you do that the people who are upset will hardly be sated by it. They'll call it a PR move and assign a number of conspiracy theories to it and remain pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Oh that doesn't matter. Look I agree it's good that their giving out free stuff to people and I'm excited about it as well. The problem is even when you do that the people who are upset will hardly be sated by it. They'll call it a PR move and assign a number of conspiracy theories to it and remain pissed off.
    This is why companies only make changes when there's major movements like what their was with DA2 and the ME3 ending. There's always going to be people upset; it only becomes a big deal when it's not just the hardcore cynics/fanatics finding fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I liked about DA2 was the fact that casters had an auto-attack type move. Other than that it was such a step down from DA:O to me... Because of that I'm not going to hold my breath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    This is why companies only make changes when there's major movements like what their was with DA2 and the ME3 ending. There's always going to be people upset; it only becomes a big deal when it's not just the hardcore cynics/fanatics finding fault.
    While I agree with in principle it should follow from this then that some credit would be given on the part of the detractors when the game companies do respond to X Y OR Z criticism. I do not see that coming in the near future in sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    They really flipped the sequel on it's head from the first game, and the rest is opinion.
    This is probably my biggest problem with DA2. They sold us DAO with the understanding that it had an old school rpg style. And it was good. DAO had its problems, but overall I was happy with it.

Then came DA2. They stripped the game of its complexity and spoon fed it to us in an effort to allure the mindless CoD children. Why not try to bring the CoD players to Mass Effect instead? It at least has guns and an action style to begin with. No, they decided to screw over DAO fans instead by changing the game from a full on tactical RPG to shallow hack and slash with a bit of RPG flavor.

DA3 needs to be something pretty special to get my attention.

It needs to be an RPG again, with playable elves and dwarves at least.

They need to get rid of the voiced main character, I thought it was awful. I'm trying to create a character of my own and yet some other guys voice comes out of him, it's jarring to say the least. Again, it was something that worked for Mass Effect because you were playing Shepard, but not for DA because they forced us to be Hawke.

It also has to be a proper PC game with the standard settings choices, high resolution textures and what not. It can't be held back so badly by the limits of such outdated console hardware.

It absolutely needs to be available as is, or at least on Steam. If it's Origin only it goes on my ignore list. Not playing ME3 has been painful so far because I love the first two and I want to see the finale, avoiding DA3 will be much easier I think.

For chrissake, this is a company that is offering a new ending to ME3 completely for free because people have said how much they dislike it.
    I thought I read that they aren't actually adding a new ending, but just expanding on what's already there. As I said, I haven't actually played it, but after reading about that the phrase "You can polish a turd but it's still a turd" comes to mind. If the ending can be fixed in a satisfying way without actually changing the events then it probably wasn't too bad to begin with. But if it was really bad and needs a whole new ending to fix it, then yeah it had better be free.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. I get that other people feel differently and all that. Just had to get that disappointment with DA2 off my chest so that I can cautiously eyeball DA3 as they make it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In the video he explains that they want to actually do the opposite. They really want to focus on making decisions matter. Now i know to take it all with a grain of salt till the game is released, but i really hope they prove you wrong.
    and they also said that we would have "alot of different endings" in mass effect 3...

Deleted
    For Dragon Age III, they've said that they're gonna mercilessly ape Skyrim. So I expect at least one Viking culture in this one and them to keep to their promise on awesome beards.

Also, please let the companion characters be slightly dignified for once. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    not a NEW ENDING. the ending was crap, and fans (myself included) are really dissappointed by that, they said they will listen to the community, they didn't. they're making a long cinematic for the epilogue that "explains" to fans why they ended the game this way. (explain what happened to the world and that.)

fans want a DIFFERENT ENDING, not more explanation about the ending. in the end it seemed NONE of the things we did in the game mattered. it just adds to our war assets...

to hell with artistic vision, fans want an epic ending...Dragon Age had an epic ending, Mass Effect 1 and 2 had epic endings... and ME3 deserves the simmiliar ending too.

I'm amazed anyone would still get hyped over a BioWare/EA game.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'm amazed anyone would still get hyped over a BioWare/EA game.
    Quotes from a large group of people whining about Bioware/EA.

"God CoD is so dumb, its just the same game every time"
    'WHY THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE ANYTHING IN DA2 FROM DA0?"

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    'WHY THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE ANYTHING IN DA2 FROM DA0?"
    Yes, trying to do something new with the genre is very appreciated, but there are limits. What DA2 got from DA1 ? Different dialog mechanic, different story telling, different classes, stupid itemization/stats, different combat, different zones (1 city and 2 dungeons was it ?), different mobs (teleportation ftw) ... none of that was better, most was just different or plain bad. In the end all DA2 got from DA1 was the name and if you couple it with rushed developement, oh boy.

One thing that was good attemp in DA2 was the story, but either it was too slow paced, or the small hints that were ment to create a big picture in the end were not pronounced enough. At least in the first act ... I sadly never got past that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yes, trying to do something new with the genre is very appreciated, but there are limits. What DA2 got from DA1 ? Different dialog mechanic, different story telling, different classes, stupid itemization/stats, different combat, different zones (1 city and 2 dungeons was it ?), different mobs (teleportation ftw) ... none of that was better, most was just different or plain bad. In the end all DA2 got from DA1 was the name and if you couple it with rushed developement, oh boy.

One thing that was good attemp in DA2 was the story, but either it was too slow paced, or the small hints that were ment to create a big picture in the end were not pronounced enough. At least in the first act ... I sadly never got past that.
    And yet I think the DA2 Magic combat was better. An auto-attack was greatly needed.

However, yes the recycling of zones and some of the story (WHY COULDN'T I SIDE WITH THE ARISHOK?) was annoying. I'm kind of suprised that you feel you have anything valid to say about a story or zones when you literally never saw much at all of the story nor did you see any of the zones being reused. But hey, just repeat what you read on the internet, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't say I'm hyped about it, but I'll definitely check it out. I liked both DAO and DA2.

Personally I preferred 2 overall, for its less generic story, characters and better combat (sure it was simpler, but I found it more fun than origins' slower 'tactical' combat, especially as a caster).

Deleted
    And yet I think the DA2 Magic combat was better. An auto-attack was greatly needed.
    I disagree; I really was not a fan of the fact that as a Force Mage, the majority of my spells didn't actually affect half the enemies. Plus they took away Shapeshifting. Who cares if it wasn't good, I still loved it :|

Deleted
    'Decisions that matter' i seem to remember them harping on about that for ME3. Think ill wait till after this is released and see what the fan reaction is. they aint burning me again

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 10:53 AM ----------

For chrissake, this is a company that is offering a new ending to ME3 completely for free because people have said how much they dislike it. It's clear that they're open to criticism and making changes.
    correction what they are offering for free is 'clarification' on some of the major plot holes they opened up with the last minute deus ex ending. they are not changeing the ending in any way. your character who fought against the reapers through 3 whole games still meakly accepts the 3 options put infront of him by their creator, joker still turns chicken and runs from the fight, your crew still abandon the battle on earth and magicly teleport up to the normandy to run with joker. All theyre doing is adding some extra cutscenes and a epilogue to try and explain why these things that go against the canon of the whole series could have happened.

There will be no change to the artistic vision at bioware
    Last edited by mmocb5ea813129; 2012-04-11 at 09:55 AM. Reason: double post

More than actual quality of Bioware's games it was disappointed by their attitude torwards old fanbase, unethical business practices, bad communication and putting profit above everything.

I'm not buying anything they have to offer ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    'Decisions that matter' i seem to remember them harping on about that for ME3. Think ill wait till after this is released and see what the fan reaction is. they aint burning me again
    The more I think about it, the more I realize that your choices did matter. Just not in the way that people expected them to. Depending on how you played during your playthrough, your own representation of what was good and bad with the respective choices given is entirely personalized. The quickest example being Destroy. Whether you saved the Geth or not, this choice gets an entirely different meaning, which in turn affects your view on Synthesis and Control as well. If you've saved the Geth you're a lot more reluctant to choose Destroy, and then this becomes the true Renegade choice (sacrificing an entire sentient species in order for you to completely wipe out the enemy, and for yourself to possibly survive). If you destroyed the Geth however, this choice suddenly becomes a lot more Paragon. You still (most likely) sacrifice EDI and a few synthetics left here and there, but at the end of the day you wipe out and the enemy and you yourself still have a chance to live.

A lot more factored into the equation for me when I had to make the choice, but this was just an easy example to give. It gets really complex really fast.

Aaaaand that was a huge off-topic derailment.

Anyway, I really hope we get to see more of these subconcious effects and choices in future games, including DA3, but I fear it'll be a while after this whole debacle. Bioware did something new and it threw a lot of people off balance. It definitely needed to be fleshed out more if anything.

so far, i see nothing to get hyped for.
    and from what terrible sequel DA2 has been, i don't expect much from DA3.

time will tell if they learnt from their mistakes with DA2.