Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    She got a lot of development in Cataclysm so they turned the focus over to Lor'themar and Vol'jin this expansion more. Just a matter of not enough time for every figure to take the stage..
    I fully understand that..
    But with the events moving forward, I believe that at least for the horde side, all factions should appear to some degree.
    And from that angle, it makes to me very little sense that especially the one leader who (secretly) rebelled against Garrosh before anyone else, is the one that's now completely absent.

I can understand how Malfurion and Tyrande cannot get arsed to move on Org. (even though the NElfs above all Alliance races have the most reason to do so), and the Dwarfs being just that, dwarfs who care less about anything that happens above ground. The gnomes trying to get their own place back... They both still provide technology to the Alliance armies. All that makes sense, but not the absence of Sylvanas and her Undead.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I went as far and checked in UC if the Kor'Kron shackled her in her throne room...
    I'll bet you did...

I fully understand that..
    But with the events moving forward, I believe that at least for the horde side, all factions should appear to some degree.
    And from that angle, it makes to me very little sense that especially the one leader who (secretly) rebelled against Garrosh before anyone else, is the one that's now completely absent.

I can understand how Malfurion and Tyrande cannot get arsed to move on Org. (even though the NElfs above all Alliance races have the most reason to do so), and the Dwarfs being just that, dwarfs who care less about anything that happens above ground. The gnomes trying to get their own place back... They both still provide technology to the Alliance armies. All that makes sense, but not the absence of Sylvanas and her Undead.
    Hehehe, so we have excuses for none of the Alliance to show up, but one missing Horde leader is a problem?

I jest.

They mentioned Sylvanas in one of the early Q&As being involved in the events of the expansion, but I'm guessing they ran out of time. I agree I'd like to see all the races from both sides represented.

All in all, though, I'm sure it will be Orcs vs Humans & Trolls with token NPCs from other races at best.

I can't fathom whatsoever how the night elves can't be bothered to take action at all. I think hitandruntactic is most likely right. The Alliance movements and such will be referenced in the Vol'jin novel, the NEs likely waging full scale war against Garrosh forces in Ashenvale, drawing more away from Orgrimmar.

We'll just have to see with Sylvanas, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have her show up. Not sure the Horde before/after Garrosh would particularly care for her method of defying him with "Oh use the plague anyway, we'll be the Scourge after all" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehehe, so we have excuses for none of the Alliance to show up, but one missing Horde leader is a problem?

I jest.

They mentioned Sylvanas in one of the early Q&As being involved in the events of the expansion, but I'm guessing they ran out of time. I agree I'd like to see all the races from both sides represented.

All in all, though, I'm sure it will be Orcs vs Humans & Trolls with token NPCs from other races at best.

I can't fathom whatsoever how the night elves can't be bothered to take action at all. I think hitandruntactic is most likely right. The Alliance movements and such will be referenced in the Vol'jin novel, the NEs likely waging full scale war against Garrosh forces in Ashenvale, drawing more away from Orgrimmar.

We'll just have to see with Sylvanas, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have her show up. Not sure the Horde before/after Garrosh would particularly care for her method of defying him with "Oh use the plague anyway, we'll be the Scourge after all" though.
    Why I see the Nelfs as an exception, is rather simple.
    They - above all else - have the most reason to fight Garrosh. They have to cope with losing a whole territory (Darkshore) to the Cataclysm, and on top of that, almost an entire territory (Ashenvale) to the Horde, since Garrosh used the Cataclysm to his advantage, laying siege on Ashenvale in full blast. So the Nelfs are actively at war with the Horde on a large scale already.
    No other Alliance faction has such situation to deal with. And if you play Alliance side, you know that the Nelfs are basically on their own. There's no other Alliance race helping them.

No other Alliance faction has such situation to deal with. And if you play Alliance side, you know that the Nelfs are basically on their own. There's no other Alliance race helping them.
    I can see the argument there.

I'm really hoping to see some major night elf and dwarf presence. NElfs need payback for Ashenvale, Dwarves need to show up in force after Blood in the Snow. Some worgen for payback for Gilneas wouldn't hurt either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the argument there.
    That's what I meant with Malfurion and Tyrande can't get arsed They got their hands full already.

I even ignored in my post, how Horde forces are in Northern Darkshore, and not to forget Feralas.
    Night Elfs have been brutally hit by Blizzard's Cataclysm hammer in all their continental territories, and have to try to rebuild what was destroyed, plus even fight against Garrosh's forces there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm really hoping to see some major night elf and dwarf presence. NElfs need payback for Ashenvale, Dwarves need to show up in force after Blood in the Snow. Some worgen for payback for Gilneas wouldn't hurt either.
    Night elfs can fight a different area.

Now Kor'Kron are busy defending their land and the rest of the horde are attacking Orgrimmar/durotar/barrens.
    Ashenvale is basicly unprotected, The elfs can retake it easily and make a proper defense against the horde.

They need to grab their chance now they have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

It'd be funny if, in the spirit of cooperation, the Horde and the Alliance literally cooperated, at least in terms of NPCs.

You'd see cavalry of Human knights and Forsaken knights grouped together.
    A pack of Night Elf Druids in bear and cat form running with Orc shamans and in spirit wolf form
    Tauren warriors sprinting into battle cleaving everything in their path with gnome mages sitting on their shoulders picking off all the stray targets.
    A fleet of Dwarven hunters on choppers riding into battle, guns blazing. In the side card - Troll hunters, guns ALSO blazing

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Night elfs can fight a different area.

Now Kor'Kron are busy defending their land and the rest of the horde are attacking Orgrimmar/durotar/barrens.
    Ashenvale is basicly unprotected, The elfs can retake it easily and make a proper defense against the horde.

They need to grab their chance now they have it.
    Or they could, you know, fight alongside the alliance and help shatter the center of horde power and THEN go and mop up what remains in Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Or they could, you know, fight alongside the alliance and help shatter the center of horde power and THEN go and mop up what remains in Ashenvale.
    I WOULD prefer seeing them at Org since Blizzard already said the Horde's withdraw from Ashenvale won't be reflected in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    ........no

Just.....no.

NO!

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 07:58 PM ----------

Orcs and trolls are bloody awesome.

Gnomes are garden decor and tiny cute little repair guys.

Gnomes suck.

Hurr durr gnomes suck lolol punt them lol cuz so funny and totally not overdone!!!!11

Suck it up, Gnomes are ten times more productive than orcs and trolls together. Gnomes create shit, trolls and orcs only destroy. Thanks for being the reason that Blizzard doesn't involve gnomes; it's because children can not stop being so "hurr durr not a monster race is silly kiddy race" about anything that isn't "rawrwrarwra destroy".

Grow up.