Altoholic: How to gear up alts to 675 ilvl

Hello, I have been focusing mainly on one char this expansion but I would like to try to run mythic with a few alts.

What ways do you find the most efficient for gearing up?

Run LFR or Normal lower level raids?
    Apexis?
    AH?

What did you do to level your alts?

thanks

I would suggest you go to tannan jungle in your characters to gear fast and easy up to level 695 with dailies/apexies, LFR gear sucks and the AH not worth your gold for that.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    I would suggest you go to tannan jungle in your characters to gear fast and easy up to level 695 with dailies/apexies, LFR gear sucks and the AH not worth your gold for that.
    Assuming you have a class that can kill stuff in the jungle as a fresh 100.

Spending 300k gold and buy a full set of 700 ilvl pvp gear.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

The baleful gear (tanaan jungle gear) is unique-equipped for ring and trinket. The second ring should be covered by legendary quest. So if you were to spend gold, I'd recommend on the 2nd tricket.

The fastest way to gear up is with pvp. 670ilvl blues 700ilvl epics. conquest catchup is at 18,200 this week = Legs(2250), Helm(2250), Chest (2250), (1750) Shoulders, (1750) Gloves, (3500) Weapon, (1750) Trinket1, (1750) Trinket2 with 950cp left over for next week. thats half a set of 700ilvl gear. glhf

Deleted
    Tanaan jungle, if you have older characters keep doing the quick bonus dailies (ironfront, harbor, kra'nak) now and then so you can get some upgrade tokens. Also keep doing garrisons once a day for the gold missions / rare missions and you will have 7-10k for some great 685 upgraded craftings.

Also keep an eye on timewalking, since last event you can get a questitem which you can exchange to 500 badges, you need ~100 bages or so to get 4-5 pieces of 675 gear (same npc sells them).

If you have lots of alts, buy empowered apexis fragments on your more geared characters and send them over to the fresh alt. You should also be getting some baleful gear from shipyard, which is BoA.

Timewalking gives you about 5 pieces of 675 gear practically free.

Between those two I was able to get my fresh alt to over 660 the minute I dinged 100, before even unlocking Tanaan.

Kazzak is also a shot at a free 705 piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Assuming you have a class that can kill stuff in the jungle as a fresh 100.
    Aside from healers, are there really classes which can't do tanaan as a fresh 100? Regular mobs should be easy enough and rares can just be burned down with Garrison Abilities.

Kill Kazzak on the alt weekly. Do the daily quests in Tanaan in a group and make a point to loot rare items. Do the dailies on your geared toons as well to buy upgrade tokens to send out. Crafting is an option, although I wouldn't go above 670-685 on that gear from a cost perspective.

I'm sitting on 11 100's. 3 I raid on and are in the 700's. 2 I raided a little bit in HM and BRF and were around 670 at launch of 6.2. The rest were geared through the method I describe above, and all are 680 or better. My ret paladin which has never set foot in an instance outside of possibly Cata world bosses (I can't remember) is 693.

Any slots (except for trinkets) you can't otherwise fill in should be filled with honor gear (ilvl 670).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The shipyard has some account bound BoE baleful gear, so that's a start. Hanging around the daily apexis areas and tagging the rares there may drop more gear, as well as sometimes getting loot from the treasures.

Deleted
    Easiest and fastest way to gear is Ashran for level 670 honor gear and 3 level 685 crafted items (you can upgrade those to 715 later if you dont have the gold).

Apexis gear is a waste of time as its not only weaker than pvp gear, even upgrades, its also more time consuming and harder to get.