Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On my main I have more than I could spend this expansion mostly from dailies and pet battles. On alts I just do golden lotus and isle of thunder dailies if I'm short.

I get shitloads of them just from doing rep dailies. I've been working on Golden Lotus lately, and I seem to get more of them in that area. So I guess just do Golden Lotus dailies or farm mobs in the whole Vale area.

You know all those rare elites with 2m to 3.7m HP all around pandaria that no one ever kills? They drop 3-8 charms a piece. Run around killing those for an hour will get you 100+ charms, blues, greens, and novelty fun items!!!

Literally the best way no one is using to get charms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing golden lotus once a day gives you around 40 lesser charms, if you farm that for a week or two you wont need dailies for a good bit over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It depends on my mood. Lately I've just been grinding Commander kills for the Barrens weekly, and it gives a fair number of charms per kill. Also, I think you only need to do like 2 days of IoT dailies per week to get enough now.
    you mean 2 "hubs", or what? because you still need 50 per week if you want them for mogu runes (which most people want them for, i think). one daily gives 2 charms (not counting the "final" ones that give 5).

edit:
    i read that wrong, hehe. yes, 2 days of IoT dailies are enough, maybe even one if you do them all.

Never farmed them, they just sort of accumulate. I've nothing to spend them on, and must have close to 1000 at this point.

Lesser Charms totally confuse me. I know with 5.3 they made them easier to get, however, I have 500 of them, I can't spend them all if I wanted to. Am I missing something is there some other means of using these items that actually makes people want to "farm" them other then the 50 I can spend in a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephius View Post
    You know all those rare elites with 2m to 3.7m HP all around pandaria that no one ever kills? They drop 3-8 charms a piece. Run around killing those for an hour will get you 100+ charms, blues, greens, and novelty fun items!!!

Literally the best way no one is using to get charms.
    Which rares would those be? I have just completed Glorious! achievement and gotten a grand sum of....zero charms. If they are the same as you mean, I call bull!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just do my farm dalies....dont judge me i like taking care of my farm. and...............PET BATTLES! no one can mess with my xerces cleave team. Water Skitter, Cinder Kitten, Harbringer of Flame. Yes I name my teams just like in pvp ITS HAPPENING
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Follow the barrens commander zerg group on Tuesday evenings before raid times and make sure you get a shot or two in before the commander dies, and you not only have all the lesser charms you need you'll also have an easy 200 valor and a mojo you can turn into a pet. I'm caging and storing up my Gahz'rookis for now; I suspect the Battlefied:Barrens quests will disappear with the next expansion and the pet prices could go up nicely at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by youngosk View Post
    Hey all,

I'm bored to death of grinding the same awful, tedious quests every week to get 50 Charms for the bonus rolls

Is there any better, more fun ways to farm them?
    Before pet battles I was doing GL dailies for 2-3 days.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I always do pet battles.

Deleted
    You get some from Pandaria rares, and you can also get some fun vanity items from some the rares.

Unless people like doing dailies, and grinding mobs in a desert for little to no reward, I don't understand how so many people can have more lesser charms than they know what to do with.

I am exalted with all factions and have never missed a weekly Mogu Rune quest, and I have 10 lesser charms now. I did the dailies to get exalted reps. I did the weekly Barrens quest once to get the achievement. Past that, for me, there isn't a reason to continue doing dailies to the point that I have more lesser charms than I know what to do with -- because dailies are terrible! And the weekly Barrens quest is even more pointless than dailies.

So I have 10 charms this week and it's the first time I haven't had enough charms to do the weekly Mogu quest. I may try the world rare boss kill thing. I have the Glorious achievement, but will try that if it nets enough charms for the effort involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Unless people like doing dailies, and grinding mobs in a desert for little to no reward, I don't understand how so many people can have more lesser charms than they know what to do with.

I am exalted with all factions and have never missed a weekly Mogu Rune quest, and I have 10 lesser charms now. I did the dailies to get exalted reps. I did the weekly Barrens quest once to get the achievement. Past that, for me, there isn't a reason to continue doing dailies to the point that I have more lesser charms than I know what to do with -- because dailies are terrible! And the weekly Barrens quest is even more pointless than dailies.

So I have 10 charms this week and it's the first time I haven't had enough charms to do the weekly Mogu quest. I may try the world rare boss kill thing. I have the Glorious achievement, but will try that if it nets enough charms for the effort involved.
    At the end of the day it will be up to you, however, if really want charms your best best if to suck it up and do a half hour of dailies every once in awhile. All the other options are just RNG based. You might have 50 in a hour, you might also have zero in a hour. It is really up to you how much you want to balance out not having runes for extra rolls verses having to do something you don't really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    Which rares would those be? I have just completed Glorious! achievement and gotten a grand sum of....zero charms. If they are the same as you mean, I call bull!
    He's talking about the regular Pandaria rares and the Isle of Thunder rares. They all drop 1-5 lesser charms. Not sure where he got 3-8, that's certainly not true. I know for sure you can 1 and I've never more than 5.

5.3 Patch notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/#creatures

On topic, I kill Pandaria and Isle rares, see the above. My main, who is exalted with everyone and stopped once he became exalted with everyone, still has around 150 lesser charms left. But he does kill rares quite frequently. Killing rares while flying to the Isle of Thunder portal or doing a quick circuit on the Isle while waiting for a Nalak group or before raid really helps.
    Last edited by omni; 2013-06-19 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    I consider pet battle daily quests the best. And you can get some extra pets (pandas or pandaren spirits) that you can sell.

You really don't need to "farm" them at all. If you're doing dailies, you'll quickly build them up faster than you can use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't farm them. I just play the game and get more than enough for the coins.
    This. Killing rares, Barrens Commanders, etc.

I do very few dailies each week.

why would anybody need to farm these? dailies, a few pet battles, rares, heck i just play casually and i have 900+ sitting around.

They need more uses for lesser charms. 50 a week as the only use is pretty worthless.