Deleted

At which iLevel to reforge/gem to full haste?

Hello all and apologies for yet another similar topic,

having read and inspected/checked wow progress etc. I am still confused as to when to reforge to full haste as a combat rogue.
    I have been playing sub pve for a while now as I love the feel but as combat I find questing/raiding (lfr) etc. much more relaxing. Having had a decent axe drop from the heroic senarios I am looking into going combat full time for pve.

Lastly, assuming that I get 4 piece lfr would it be beneficial to drop some of my higher iLevel items in favor of the set bonus?

Rahai - genjuros EU, unable to post links as of yet.

Thank you in advance for your contribution
    /stay in the shadows

ilevel isn't necessarily the deciding factor, depends a lot on how many rppm trinkets you have, whether or not you have the legendary meta, and the overall combination of stats. I'd just use Shadowcraft and go by what it tells you.

Deleted
    Hey infective, thanks for the reply. Lately shadowcraft has been a little off I think.

Deleted
    Several variables at play there, the bottom line being that haste and mastery are so close that it doesn't matter outside of top 200 (in which case you'd already know). Instead, head over to Shadowcraft, load your character, click " Auto-Reforge All" and follow the advice. It's not *perfect*, but it's good enough for this discussion.

haste gains over mastery when you get 2 rppm trinkets - more if you have also the legendary meta gem.

The difference is not that high anyway, so you can choose which path to pursue.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    haste gains over mastery when you get 2 rppm trinkets - more if you have also the legendary meta gem.

The difference is not that high anyway, so you can choose which path to pursue.
    indeed this is correct as far as i know

i for example have both bad juju and renataki's soul charm (both RPPM) and legendary meta but i still like Mastery > haste as a personal preference simply because of the reason that i do not want to be dependent on the trinket procs to have close to max dps.
    also if you didn't know mastery is usually more stable/less RNG while haste is more RNG-ish because of trinket procs and meta gem procs

There is also a minor play style difference between Mastery and Haste. I would recommend trying both and seeing which one you enjoy.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP's talking about Combat. I know, we're all used to seeing the question of mastery v. haste from assassination =). Shadowcraft should tell you easily, but I don't think there's a threshold for current content where you DON'T go full-haste.

Syle, specifically for Rahai a full-haste gem set and an agi-haste gem set are within 23 DPS of each other. Negligible difference.

Also - again ask ShC, but the combat 4p bonus is STUPIDLY strong (>4,000 agility), so yes, you should *expect* the tier to pull ahead, even at a decent ilevel disadvantage.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-06-19 at 06:14 PM.

*facepalm*

Well play Assassination, the hassle of playing combat isn't worth it this tier.
    XD
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Deleted
    Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.

I did in fact gem to full haste and did see an increase in dps, albeit marginal. So far I like the feel of it
    As for assassination, as i have stopped hardcore pve for a while now, I am not too bothered about the top spec, just having fun and I don't enjoy the assassination spec.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.