Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPOILERS!! SoO audio General Nazgrim

Oh wow looks like Gamon ends up leading the final blow against Nazgrim in the SoO. Nazgrim also states that he was proud to have died at his hand?
    Did they have some kind of friendship going on or somethin?

Killed by an ascended meme. Terrible way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshotz22 View Post
    Oh wow looks like Gamon ends up leading the final blow against Nazgrim in the SoO. Nazgrim also states that he was proud to have died at his hand?
    Did they have some kind of friendship going on or somethin?
    That is amazing.

This is supposedly for an achievement in the raid. I wouldn't worry too much.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8448

Just when you do the achievement, with horde he has some fancy emotional things to say.
    With Alliance he just says "I die with honor... Lok'tar Ogar..."

10+ Year Old Account
    for me, Nazgrim's death feels like a blow to us, even though I'm on the rebels side. It just feels like we've lost one of our own. Because unlike the rest, nazgrim felt like a character we've journey'd with across expansions.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    for me, Nazgrim's death feels like a blow to us, even though I'm on the rebels side. It just feels like we've lost one of our own. Because unlike the rest, nazgrim felt like a character we've journey'd with across expansions.
    Well we couldn't do shit about it like the guy was obeying his own pride and code which is serving a ''Warchief'' without question even if the guy was a batshit Insane dick head.

Lol

I think it's because the sound files are all bunched up, one is to Gamon (if you keep him alive) and the other is to Us(or Vol'jin)
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-06-20 at 03:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is an achievement to keep Gamon alive during the Nazgrim fight. That audio is probably only if Gamon kills him.

Besides, that audio is probably for us. He says stuff like "it is an honor to finally face you in combat!" and "you have learned much, and learned well". Who has he constantly interacted with? Us. We served under him in Wotlk, Cata, and MoP. Now we are fighting him. He is talking to us, not Gamon.

That single line of dialogue that mentions Gamon will only come up if you do the achievement. The rest of the dialogue is towards us, not Gamon.

So, does Nazgrim's death monologue about "Your strength leading the horde into a new era of prosperity" mean he supports "Gamon for Warchief!" with his dying breath?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the non-achievement Horde version death dialogue evoked some serious emotions in me, I didn't expect that short-sweet punch from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    There is an achievement to keep Gamon alive during the Nazgrim fight. That audio is probably only if Gamon kills him.

Besides, that audio is probably for us. He says stuff like "it is an honor to finally face you in combat!" and "you have learned much, and learned well". Who has he constantly interacted with? Us. We served under him in Wotlk, Cata, and MoP. Now we are fighting him. He is talking to us, not Gamon.

That single line of dialogue that mentions Gamon will only come up if you do the achievement. The rest of the dialogue is towards us, not Gamon.
    Well i think that Nazgrim was the one who trained Gamon to become a Warrior, maybe that's why he's saying those things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Well we couldn't do shit about it like the guy was obeying his own pride and code which is serving a ''Warchief'' without question even if the guy was a batshit Insane dick head.

Lol
    he believed in honor. If anything nazgrim represents the meaning of the term, fighting for what you dedicate yourself to without question. In a weird way he reminds me of Beatrix from final fantasy 9, who fought against us across the game when we were rebels against the queen, until she dedicated herself to standing with princess garnet as her queen. loyalty to her ruler, without question, which is always tragic, but doesn't make them into bad guys.

Nazgrim is the same, he isn't a bad guy, like malkorok or garrosh, he simply choose the wrong side, held himself to it, and even extended honor to us.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Gamon killing nazgrim is possibly the most Failicious thing in MoP. And that really says something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well i think that Nazgrim was the one who trained Gamon to become a Warrior, maybe that's why he's saying those things
    Yeah, no. If Gamon survives, Blizzard might make it so Nazgrim is talking to Gamon for a joke. But it won't be "canon".

Nazgrim is talking to the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    that would make sense, you know, if blizzard actually EXPLAINED it!

Just Explain Blizzard!
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    typical Horde Soilder, Knows what he's doing is wrong but does not question anything and stupidly sticks to bad practices. At least the allaince soilders are lending the horde aid because they know without it Vol'jin will not succeed.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    typical Horde Soilder, Knows what he's doing is wrong but does not question anything and stupidly sticks to bad practices. At least the allaince soilders are lending the horde aid because they know without it Vol'jin will not succeed.
    We didn't even need them we have Saurfang -.- ( I kidz haha )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    oh yes, the alliance has never done anything without repercussions or done something that questions there honor for there ruler.
    #boycottchina

There are some parts of wow history that is simply "alternatives" E.g. which faction killed pretty much any raid boss? Answer: It doesn't matter, either way it doesn't affect the timeline.

Now, Gamon living or not is questionable. If he is to be dead, then he gets killed a bit later if you keep him alive. If he is to live, then he gets brought back to life, or doesn't suffer fatal wounds should you fail to keep him "alive".