Frost mage stat weights with Legendary gem and 4P

Hello,

I've gotten my gem a few weeks ago, and when i plugged my char in simcraft, the results it gave me was to gem haste>int ( I'm assuming this is for the RRPM trinkets/gem). But now that I have my 4p I plugged it into simcraft, it gives me that I should be gemming int over haste ( the stat weight for int is 1.00, while for haste its 0.45). Most people I talked to, read on the forums say that I should be going full haste when I get my gem. Any reason why I should be going int now?

My Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Afy/advanced
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Deleted
    I think we should need a new sticky.
    Read: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-Quick-Guide

A lot is still unproven in that thread. Its mostly based on assumptions.

Look at Boxedwaffle: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...affle/advanced

He has most of #1 Parses for Frost and he uses LB for single tar and uses IV glyph.

Modoshi who doesnt play Frost anymore and has lots of top parses was gemming Int>Haste.

I think there is some good advice in there but that thread didnt seem to me as something to be stickied but to open debate. Which, even though its purpose was for debate it was stated in the thread that some of those people arent even going to debate on MMO-C anymore. Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Afy View Post
    Hello,

I've gotten my gem a few weeks ago, and when i plugged my char in simcraft, the results it gave me was to gem haste>int ( I'm assuming this is for the RRPM trinkets/gem). But now that I have my 4p I plugged it into simcraft, it gives me that I should be gemming int over haste ( the stat weight for int is 1.00, while for haste its 0.45). Most people I talked to, read on the forums say that I should be going full haste when I get my gem. Any reason why I should be going int now?

My Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Afy/advanced
    I'll sim you at some point today but those stat weights don't look right.

Also, your stat weight priority will fluctuate depending on whether or not you're near a breakpoint for NT. Of course, more haste is always better when talking about frost. Anyways, add me on RealID and we can discuss further: Mastashake#1160

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    A lot is still unproven in that thread. Its mostly based on assumptions.

Look at Boxedwaffle: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...affle/advanced

He has most of #1 Parses for Frost and he uses LB for single tar and uses IV glyph.

Modoshi who doesnt play Frost anymore and has lots of top parses was gemming Int>Haste.

I think there is some good advice in there but that thread didnt seem to me as something to be stickied but to open debate. Which, even though its purpose was for debate it was stated in the thread that some of those people arent even going to debate on MMO-C anymore. Wtf.
    The theory behind the mass NT stacking is taking time to gather data, the precise reason why we won't debate it for now. Nobody seems to want personal experience with the build, only raw numbers. Believe me, I wish we had enough data to do so. This is only my 2nd full week running it on every boss to test it under every haste situation.

Test it out for yourself, we need more doing so. I personally have seen a DPS increase doing it as well as snapshotting NT with various procs. The playstyle isn't for everybody, unfortunately. Most try it and don't like it, but again, personal numbers have increased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    I'll sim you at some point today but those stat weights don't look right.

Also, your stat weight priority will fluctuate depending on whether or not you're near a breakpoint for NT. Of course, more haste is always better when talking about frost. Anyways, add me on RealID and we can discuss further: Mastashake#1160

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:58 AM ----------

The theory behind the mass NT stacking is taking time to gather data, the precise reason why we won't debate it for now. Nobody seems to want personal experience with the build, only raw numbers. Believe me, I wish we had enough data to do so. This is only my 2nd full week running it on every boss to test it under every haste situation.

Test it out for yourself, we need more doing so. I personally have seen a DPS increase doing it as well as snapshotting NT with various procs. The playstyle isn't for everybody, unfortunately. Most try it and don't like it, but again, personal numbers have increased with it.
    According to who, you and Akraen? Seems like most other people have tried it and found it to not significantly increase or decrease their dps so they don't use it, purely because of its absurd clunkiness. I still don't understand why this method though is being passed around as fact and misleading people when it's been shown to do next to nothing for your damage. I posted two separate tests and both were not even commented on so you can't say I didn't test it and post my data. I'm sorry if I come off a bit hostile, I'm just baffled as to why this keeps getting passed around as law.

I switched to haste over int once I got my second heroic RPPM trinket. Nevertheless, I still had a bunch of top parses with int (except for Tortos - because I'm assigned to kicking and killing turtles instead of scumbagging on the bats). I find LB to do more single target damage than NT. Also, I didn't think that NT and LB snapshotted. Can someone clarify this for me?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of casting 0.9 FB?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuspt View Post
    What's the point of casting 0.9 FB?
    Well, the purpose of casting frostbolt is to damage, not exactly sure you're attempting to imply.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    Also, I didn't think that NT and LB snapshotted. Can someone clarify this for me?
    Both do, see this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...T-snapshotting

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Well, the purpose of casting frostbolt is to damage, not exactly sure you're attempting to imply.
    He's afraid of the infamous GCD.

@boxedwaffle you know most of all frost mages what it's like to be under the GCD for a majority of the fight. I'm only right at 1.0sec FB cast with my meta up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    He's afraid of the infamous GCD.

To boxedwaffle you know most of all frost mages what it's like to be under the GCD for a majority of the fight. I'm only right at 1.0sec FB cast with my meta up.
    Well, not the majority, but a good third of it. Nothing we can really do about it at the moment since it concerns the meta proc. Gemming int won't fix the problem. As for the GCD and mage bomb, I'm mainly concerned about single target damage output, and I think that LB is more output than NT in this arena.

Going to have to read that snapshot thread though - I was always under the impression that mages didn't deal with snapshotting.

Well, not the majority, but a good third of it. Nothing we can really do about it at the moment since it concerns the meta proc. Gemming int won't fix the problem. As for the GCD and mage bomb, I'm mainly concerned about single target damage output, and I think that LB is more output than NT in this arena.

Going to have to read that snapshot thread though - I was always under the impression that mages didn't deal with snapshotting.
    I've been going back and forth between Int gemming and Haste gemming and Haste just seems to be more reliable for me. As far as mage bomb damage goes, I've also been going back and forth between LB and NT on single target to test the FFB procs as well as damage and NT just seems to be much more consistent (maybe because I'm used to the NT frequency of BF procs). The gameplay seems to slow down for me when I use LB.

I also had the same thought about snapshotting until it was looked into more. Definitely a more dynamic gameplay now that I focus on it more than I was before I got into this crazy frost mage TCing.

14250 is the GCD cap.

14250 Haste > Mastery > Crit >= Haste is what I'm going by. It's a pretty messed up system tbh.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Thx for the thread it helped me!