Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Is mists of pandaria the greatest raiding expansion ever released?

So, We've had tier 14 , which was a great tier, and throne of thunder which is an amazing raid with awesome encounters.

If they don't screw up the siege of orgrimmar, I think we may just have the best PvE expansion ever released.

What do you guys think?

Edit ; when i'm talking about the raids i'm talking about heroic mode, your experiences me be different
    Last edited by Definition; 2013-06-19 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    So, We've had tier 14 , which was a great tier, and throne of thunder which is an amazing raid with awesome encounters.

If they don't screw up the siege of orgrimmar, I think we may just have the best PvE expansion ever released.

What do you guys think?
    My personal opinion WOTLK was the best raiding expansion ever but as I said that was just my opinion.

Since I only raided in Wrath/Cata/Mop in order I would rate them.

1. Wrath
    2. Mop "because of LFR"
    3. Cata "because it killed pugs on my server and I couldn't even get 12/12 T11 until after the big nerf pugging it"

I enjoy pugging over doing the guild thing and that is all I did in wrath mainly.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    No. I come to realy dislike this whole "1 raid, 3 difficulty levels". Just seems so lazy. Make more raids, for different sizes.

I started playing a month before WotLK for me ICC is best. May be Classic\BC was better.

Nope. The brief moment between the transition of "no hardmodes" and "button-activated hardmodes", Ulduar, was when the game was at its greatest.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no It's a good expansion yes but Woltk is still king in my eyes.

i feel like wrath was. wotlk was my golden era, i was a wintergrasp goddess and i was a ice crown queen. all that died in cata though, i did dragon soul raid finder, but never got back on my feet. mop is pretty fun so far, but wotlk just takes it for me.

I'd say no. Burning Crusade, in my opinion is the best raiding expansion they made. Sunwell was absurdly fun, Black Temple was great too. Wasn't a huge fan of SSC/Hyjal (so many waves of trash...), but Karazhan, Sunwell, Black Temple and Tempest Keep were all amazing, so I'd definitely say that BC was my favorite.

If I were to order them from best to worst:

Burning Crusade
    Wrath
    Mists
    Banging your head on a wall
    Cataclysm
    Masturbating with a cheese grater
    Vanilla

Mainly because Cata was terrible, and vanilla was even worse, but that was mainly due to how boring the classes were. Oh, you're a Druid? You get to heal. I know you have two other specs, but you're healing, kk? Was just silly.

Yes, and it stands to be even better if Siege of Orgrimmar lives up to my expectations.

Did all you Wrath champions forget Trial of the Crusader and the redone Naxx? At best you're looking at 2/4 decent raids: Ulduar and ICC. And even ICC, other than the Lich King, was not that great. Now, I agree that Ulduar was the best raid, but the other raids in that expac drag down the average.

I think a strong case can be made for TBC. Kara, Vashj, Kael, Archimonde, Black Temple, Sunwell. Maybe Hyjal is weak, but the rest was pretty strong.

How on earth was wotlk great for raiding?
    Ulduar and ICC, sure. But you also had Naxx reused, and TotC.. the worst and most unimaginitive multiple boss raid in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    No. I come to realy dislike this whole "1 raid, 3 difficulty levels". Just seems so lazy. Make more raids, for different sizes.
    Which wouldn't result in more raids, because the amount of work isn't equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post

What do you guys think?

Edit ; when i'm talking about the raids i'm talking about heroic mode, your experiences me be different
    Tier 14 was mediocre at best, and Tier 15 is one ofthe worst raids, made to date.. Unless SoO is truely epic, which Blizzard promised for Tier 15 but didn't deliver, then MoP is worse raiding-wise than WotLK and Cata combined..

Raiding-wise, there have been nothing close to TBC....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'd say no. Burning Crusade, in my opinion is the best raiding expansion they made. Sunwell was absurdly fun, Black Temple was great too. Wasn't a huge fan of SSC/Hyjal (so many waves of trash...), but Karazhan, Sunwell, Black Temple and Tempest Keep were all amazing, so I'd definitely say that BC was my favorite.

If I were to order them from best to worst:

Burning Crusade
    Wrath
    Mists
    Banging your head on a wall
    Cataclysm
    Masturbating with a cheese grater
    Vanilla

Mainly because Cata was terrible, and vanilla was even worse, but that was mainly due to how boring the classes were. Oh, you're a Druid? You get to heal. I know you have two other specs, but you're healing, kk? Was just silly.
    I think anyone who says BC was the best is looking back through rose-tinted glasses. That, or you didn't do the content when it was fairly current. At least half the instances were so broken that they were simply unkillable, and blizzard refused to fix those bugs until the next tier of content was ready. While I had a blast in BC there's not a snowball's chance in hell it was the best raiding expansion. Just nostalgia.

Wrath is that one expansion that everyone hated and despised when it was out and now it's loved by all. T7 was irrefutably awful, and T9 was arguably a pretty garbage instance that was just lazy in design. Wrath stood on the shoulders of Ulduar, and ICC to some extent. Imo the best expansion for the evolution of the game, and probably the best raid experience overall.

MoP has had two solid tiers of raid instances so far. If SoO can live up to T15's fantastic encounters, then I think it may very well be the best raiding expansion. While I didn't *love* tier 14, it was a decent tier. All MoP has to do to succeed is put out another good raid, and it will be the only expansion ever with all the raids being enjoyable.

EDIT: Classic was most definitely not worse than Cata. Probably my favorite overall time of the game but you can't compare it to anything post-BC because it was essentially a different game.

Calling T15 one of the worst raids is laughable. Did Lei Shen kick your puppy?
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I would say Wrath was best. It's based purely on my enjoyment level though, and Wrath was when I actually enjoyed being a Boomkin. My Boomkin has since been benched so that I could heal or tank in both Cata and MoP, which really killed raiding for me almost as much as the switch to 10 man raids giving the same gear as 25.

So, my oder would be:
    1. Wrath
    2. BC
    3. Cata
    4. MoP

(I didn't raid Vanilla, I was just a noob to WoW when BC came out)

When it comes to raiding, assuming you are in an above average player in an above average guild, this expansion has been great.

For any other situation this expansion is easily one of the worst, imo.

Deleted
    During wotlk people hated it as a expansion, and apart from ulduar and maybe icc raids got a lot of negative feedback.
    Cata had T11 which was awesome.
    I stopped raiding after clearing mogushan vaults, but im pretty sure the quality of raids in mop is better or the same as previous expansions.
    Im sure if you ask this same question in a expansion or two mop will be alot higher :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    Yeah, doesn't work that way. Making entirely new raids is a lot of work, while difficulty levels are practically free; you seem to think the choice would be "3 difficulties" vs "3 raids" but it is actually between "1 raid, 3 difficulties" and "1 raid, 1 difficulty" ... so in other words it's not lazy, it's efficient.

As a feral druid... No. I feel melee were very mistreated in raids, especially combo point users. Throne of thunder is a huge headache for me. We'll see with siege though.
    Sig done by ElyPop