Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Homogenization, every class having a heal, interrupt, silence, offensive cooldown and defensive cooldown.

All the poor changes to pvp, from how points are earned, to awards, to rbgs, to resilience, to class balance.

New boring talent trees.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Oh... no no no... no they did not "Stick that shit out".

I might agree with you with those who quit after dying ONCE... but after 3 times? Yeah - there was usually much rage quitting... MUCH rage quitting in Vanilla and BC that I remember. Very few times did we ever stick it out within a pug (by the way, I was not one of those who ragequit. I was one of those who sat for 30 minutes in Scarlet Monestary asking my guild for a tank or another person to fill our missing spot...)

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 12:19 AM ----------

I got to admit that that was a huge impact on me too in later times.

I was gone for over a year between the month I quit (1 month into Cata) and the implementation of the Dragon Soul patch.

That's $180 I saved.

What did I miss in that time?

2 troll rehash dungeons, Firelands Raid and the Firelands Zone.

That's it... for $180

For $180 I could buy THREE brand-new Video Games for $60 (more if used).

One of those games I played was Skyrim... where I put well over a thousand hours into.

I've begun to realize my $180 isn't going very far anymore. I used to think it was as I didn't buy new games every month anymore - but now I've discovered that there are some DAMN good games out there that can last me months with a one-time purchase.

In Vanilla I rarely ran anything with a tank who wasn't already on my friends page. I play weird hours, so you would remember the names of the people you would bump into a lot and talk to, but really dungeons for me wasn't something I did much with completely random groups. Usually a few friends would want to run something and we would try and fill the empty slots. If we didn't have a tank it generally wasn't worth the wait.

A lot of what you posted here and above ring true for me as well. I also played Skyrim during my break. My most recent break is from daily burnout. I have never been the OCD type of player so I generally just work on stuff I specifically want. Pet battles has made pet collection uninteresting for me, because it is no longer about finding the cool pet it has become about a boring minigame. I have tons of mounts that I love already, so I really don't feel like getting another mount that I probably won't use. The reason I was doing so many dailies in the first place was queues for everything, and LFR queues were getting worse and worse. It just doesn't feel fun.

I keep telling myself I probably go back when there is enough content piled up to keep me busy, but honestly nothing they are doing lately excites me and I really can't seem to come up with a reason to return.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Three things: CRZ, gated daily grinds, and just not being that into Pandaria or Pandaren in the first place.
    CRZ........one of the best things blizzard have done in years. I honestly cannot see how you can put a negative spin it unless your upset cos u cant get a pet spawn...................................................................................or a mining node...................................................................................... .. or because they havent activated CRZ in pandaria.....or because you're just gutless and cant fight. I'm putting all my money on option number 4, i can smell your fear of pvp from here.

spine of deathwing was the only thing to ever drive me away
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    ...snip...Another was a guild that was just starting of which the GM was desperately trying to get people to interact but nobody seemed bothered. ...snip...
    I can't speak for current endgame but something didn't feel right so I didn't renew.

The game is so much better now than when I played it like a second job, but I don't love it anymore.
    It may just be me, but I think it is easier to make friends when there are less people around not more. When you have 20 people in trade chat spamming anal jokes and cities packed with people running around in a hurry, there aren't really many good opportunities to talk to people. Mostly just guild chat, everything else 99% of the time isn't worth listening to. In vanilla I think people were in less of a hurry because, there wasn't much point to hurrying. Now you are out in the world rushing to level or rushing to finish up dailies while you sit an queue for something you actually enjoy doing. You don't want to group up because it will kick you out of queue. While they have done a good job of making things more convenient, a lot of that comes with a heavy cost when it comes to community.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    CRZ........one of the best things blizzard have done in years. I honestly cannot see how you can put a negative spin it unless your upset cos u cant get a pet spawn...................................................................................or a mining node...................................................................................... .. or because they havent activated CRZ in pandaria.....or because you're just gutless and cant fight. I'm putting all my money on option number 4, i can smell your fear of pvp from here.
    There's been at least over several millions of posts made over the past 7 months both here and on the official forums as to why people hate it. If you haven't figured out why beyond your petty belief that it's solely a PVP-server leveling issue, then there's no convincing you as you're obviously not looking for a reason.

- Poor Class balancing for PvP
    - Cata content was a joke, didn't even feel like a cataclysmic event that changed the world.
    - LFR - Absolutely one of the worst ideas ever.
    - Lack of challenge and overall focus of pleasing casuals, rather then sticking with the Vanilla/BC formula (which made the game great), rewarding players who actually put in and time/work.
    - Too much recycled content.
    - The game is called "World of Warcraft" yet nearly almost all the PvP takes place in either a BG or Arena, rarely any open world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    And you just don't do that in an MMO, you can add all the new stuff you want, but not at the expense of old stuff.
    Blizzard is writing the rule book for MMOs as World of Warcraft progresses.

For me, right now it's guild dead and not being able to get any interest in a WW monk at all on the official forum guild recruitment area...just about ready to say fuck it, give up for the rest of this expansion, and maybe try the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The blizz shop. I realize it's for vanity items, but some of the vanity items are just miles ahead of what is available in the game. We've had to pay for the game, all the expansions, a subscription fee per month and theres STILL items in the game you can't have without throwing more money at blizzard. That just shouldn't happen. You pick one mode of making money and that should be it. Maybe even two. Not all three.
    Agreed with that. Also I got sick and tired of seeing Moon Guard trash coalesced to my realm. If I wanted to play with myself in my mommys basement while cybering with 40 year old men in their mommys basements, I would've rolled there. I don't appreciate being subjected to it when I didn't.

LFR blows too. LFR at the expense of new 5 mans, no fucking thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Blizzard is writing the rule book for MMOs as World of Warcraft progresses.
    Not really. Blizzard plays by their own rules. Most of the crap Blizzard gets away with another company couldn't. The rules are different when you have millions of addicts that would still keep playing if you hit them with a brick every time they logged in.

Also very little in WoW is entirely new, most of it is copied from another game and modified for WoW.

i'm still doing it, hence why im still on a wow site you know

Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    Blizz doesnt care and as it seems from multiple posts they dont want u in the game anymore
    each blue post or reply on forums for such topics "easy game etc" they say we dont care leave please
    Ya man I think you're right, its a shame too since I've been playing for the better part of y free time since Feb 2006
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Pandas. Still find them disgusting. Will consider returning if the next expansion is Burning Crusade related.
    as lame as it sounds I agree. A bunch of kungfu pandas running around was stupid, throw in pet battles and I found WoW had taken a turn for the worse.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Reading all these complaints makes me damn glad you all left.
    And reading each of your one-line troll posts makes me want to hit you in the face with a blunt object (yes, that is a RL threat, report me for it, never got a ban around here, perhaps it is time, whatever). Reading through your posting history is a traumatic experience and there are rarely things that can enrage me more. Congratulations btw. you must be proud and happy. After all, making people rage is what trolls aim at. And it is clear from your posts that you are the biggest troll in MMOChamp community. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    as lame as it sounds I agree. A bunch of kungfu pandas running around was stupid, throw in pet battles and I found WoW had taken a turn for the worse.
    I think it's almost ''certain'' that Blizzard will aim at producing a ''darker'' expansion next.

After all of the cute little pands and f****** that was MoP, they'll probably try to return to big meanie Demons and what not.
    That'd be a good idea in my eyes....

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I think it's almost ''certain'' that Blizzard will aim at producing a ''darker'' expansion next.

After all of the cute little pands and f****** that was MoP, they'll probably try to return to big meanie Demons and what not.
    That'd be a good idea in my eyes....
    I garuantee thats what will happen. Mists took a lighter tone at launch to lure in younger, newer players. Older players either we still playing, played and quit or never wanted to play to begin with. Mists was designed to bring in a younger generation and the tone gradually darkened leading to SoO and ive no doubt once they are used to it they will bring some darker tone back.

Not to say we should expect tirisfal glades in vanilla level dark, but still these things have ebbs and flows based on what the point of the expansion is.

Friends quit, guild fell apart, no one I really liked plays anymore. It was just boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man some of the complaints in this thread are lol-worthy. Are people still hung up about the Pandaren? Worse still, people still seem to be hung up about LFG and flying mounts! Holy shit man, flying mounts have been in the game for over 6 years.

Nothing. Still going strong after soon 5 years of never unsubbing. Very glad I'm not one of those who grow bored/tired or emo with the game since it's a constant source of relaxation and fun on top of my other hobbies. I began playing WoW for myself alone, and I've fallen in love with the game. I do not suffer from weird morals nor do I put too much thought into who's getting my money...I'm choosing to pay for a game I enjoy immensely and that's about it really. I spend way more cash on my other hobbies without second thought, and it's the same for WoW. Store mounts/pets and other promotions still haven't cost me half as much as my interest in dogs and their training, outdoor pursuits or social fun on the town.

My brothers however both played from the start up until Firelands, and they quit for a very simple reason...real life. Work, families etc. They miss it though, and are always making big plans of coming back to it...plans that almost always end up failing due to that pesky real life thingy.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-06-24 at 05:38 AM.