15+ Year Old Account

Lower level vendors?

They added green gear vendors for TBC, WotLK and Cata in 5.3 right? Where are they exactly - I remember reading about them. Thanks for the help - speed leveling my monk - just hit 58 - need to buy fancy new stuff so I can tank HFP dungeons properly
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I don't think they did, I think they did mention something about it but never heard anything about it since. MoP gear is the only gear sold from vendors I have seen.

Deleted

Well, I hadn't heard about them doing this, but I'm glad someone found the Cata-level vendor. I only upgraded my xp-bonus heirlooms to 85, not my weapons/trinkets
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not quite - they added vendors i Hyjal and Vashj'ir to help you bump your ilvl to compensate for all the BoA stuff which becomes useless (unless you upgrade it) at lvl 85.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    They only added cata vendors, mate. (:

Made by the fabulous i4ni <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not quite - they added vendors i Hyjal and Vashj'ir to help you bump your ilvl to compensate for all the BoA stuff which becomes useless (unless you upgrade it) at lvl 85.
    Well, the stated reason was to bump your item level up enough to qualify for the dungeons. A patch or two ago, they implemented upgraded heirlooms that go to 85 like the post-Wrath heirlooms, which use the item and a bit of JP to turn the item into its upgraded form, so that should be less of a 'replacing heirlooms' issue and more of a 'getting into dungeons if you don't like questing because of the huge Icecrown Glacier - Hyjal/Vashjir item level jump' issue unless you're leveling a new main and have no intention of grinding more JP/Honor/Darkmoon Tickets on your old main.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the info

I feel GC tweeted about adding them in for other expansions - and I thought it was some time ago - but maybe it could be for 5.4, or still unannounced apart from his tweet.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

starting cata was required a green armor vendor cause of the big jump in monster difficulty. could of been better balanced

Deleted
    There is one for MoP aswell in the first zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuna View Post
    There is one for MoP aswell in the first zone
    theres a few in mop, theres one of the wall near dreadwastes where you get the spider quests, one in halfhill, the ones in jadeforest and one in towlong steppes.

maybe some in other zones aswell.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    They went into Cata assuming everyone was fully geared out of ICC.

well, at the time of release they were :P

but i dinged 80 on my shaman the other day, still in half tbc gear because i got through northrend too fast, the first quests were a bit annoying, until i found the vendor so i bought myself an entire enhance set, pretty cool!
    Last edited by serenka; 2013-06-24 at 12:15 AM.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by L-P-R View Post
    They only added cata vendors, mate. (:
    What are they called? Can't seem to find them :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    What are they called? Can't seem to find them :x
    there only seems to be one in Hyjal, inside the tree called Iris something.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They added green gear vendors for TBC, WotLK and Cata in 5.3 right? Where are they exactly - I remember reading about them. Thanks for the help - speed leveling my monk - just hit 58 - need to buy fancy new stuff so I can tank HFP dungeons properly
    They only added vendors to the Cata Starting Zones (Hyjal / Vash). Only reason they were done was due to Scrolls/RaF that would get you to 80 and be in gear that couldn't queue for the new dungeons.

The rest of the expansions don't have a gear requirement to join so we probably won't see any vendors in them since it only requires a certain level.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    but i dinged 90 on my shaman the other day, still in half tbc gear because i got through northrend too fast, the first quests were a bit annoying, until i found the vendor so i bought myself an entire enhance set, pretty cool!

Either that's a bad typo or you had a very horrible experience leveling through Pandaria :P

theres like one in every zone for mop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They only added vendors to the Cata Starting Zones (Hyjal / Vash). Only reason they were done was due to Scrolls/RaF that would get you to 80 and be in gear that couldn't queue for the new dungeons.

The rest of the expansions don't have a gear requirement to join so we probably won't see any vendors in them since it only requires a certain level.

Either that's a bad typo or you had a very horrible experience leveling through Pandaria :P
    was indeed a typo
    dragonmaw - EU