Deleted

Upgrade CPU Cooler

Hi,

I'm currently running on my PC an i5 2500K at 3.30GHz with the stock cooler. I'm thinking about overclocking it and obviously for that, the stock cooler won't cut it.

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket cooler? I know CoolerMaster get good reviews, but I also like the look of the watercooler kits - the peace and quiet appeals to me. However, I've also heard that some air coolers will beat them in terms of noise and also performance.

Is it worth the £100 or so for the water cooler CPU kit vs half that for a decent air cooler?

Thanks!

Noctua NH-D14, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 or Thermalright Silver Arrow for air coolers.
    Corsair H100i or Swiftech H220 for AIO liquid cooling.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by Sikosh View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently running on my PC an i5 2500K at 3.30GHz with the stock cooler. I'm thinking about overclocking it and obviously for that, the stock cooler won't cut it.

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket cooler? I know CoolerMaster get good reviews, but I also like the look of the watercooler kits - the peace and quiet appeals to me. However, I've also heard that some air coolers will beat them in terms of noise and also performance.

Is it worth the £100 or so for the water cooler CPU kit vs half that for a decent air cooler?

Thanks!
    You got some nice advice, i would recommend Noctua nh-u14s though, its the new cooler and it is great in terms of noise and performance.
    take a look at bestcpucoolers.com/best-air-cpu-cooler