Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I doubt Varian or Thrall are going to die. I can't see any major lore characters getting killed off besides the ones already being used as bosses in SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    I don't know why Cataclysm made people hate Thrall. If Thrall hadn't been there to help up energy and shit @ maelstrom... Azeroth would have collapsed on itself.

Though I know that people may hate him because he's neutral but what should you do in times like that? Be hostile to alliance when you're trying to save the world? Not the best idea. They needed all the help they could get and they got it.

After cataclysm ended, Thrall changed back to horde again and not neutral. If he needs help he takes it, no matter what faction. He is smart tbh. and I like him for that.

So please stop hating on Thrall... you want to kill Thrall... then you want to kill off Warcraft lore. I'm very sure he will go back to his roots after Mists of Pandaria but not as a warchief but as either a part of an Horde Council or an advisor for the Warchief to lead the Horde. It's unnecessary to enemies when you don't have to, and he gets that.

Sorry, it's just so annoying to see people hate Thrall and call him "Green Jesus" which bascially isn't. He is just a mortal, like anyone else but with experience of a many lifetimes.

EDIT: People who complain that they want Thrall because he choose Garrosh... it's just dumb tbh. Thrall was in a hurry... Twilight's Hammer was hiding in Orgrimmar... Deathwing was shitting over Azeroth... and maybe he picked Garrosh because in those dark times the Horde really needed a War Hero to believe in and Garrosh was that war hero, it was to give people hope. And I'm not a fanboy of Thrall... I'm just saying it's just stupid to write things like that when you clearly would been fucked up if he wasn't there.

It's like... when a core dps in your team switches to healer... and heals better than he does dps and suddenly everyone hates him for no particular reason... so fucking stop making so fucking stupid rants about Thrall please... it's just plain fucking stupid and nothing else.

Feel free to agree with me or disagree as I don't give a shits if you think that I'm wrong because this is true and people seem blind to see it.
    Last edited by Lyseria; 2013-06-26 at 04:01 AM.

As a Horde fanboy/fanatic and Orc lover since the first Warcraft.... Thrall needs to get his ass kicked, spine ripped out, and head mounted on a pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    Sorry, it's just so annoying to see people hate Thrall and call him "Green Jesus" which bascially isn't. He is just a mortal, like anyone else but with experience of a many lifetimes.
    Did you not see anything in Cata? Or read any of the "canon" books for Cata?

He saved the Bronze Dragon guy whos name I can never spell from being stuck in the timeways, stopped Azeroth from falling into Deepholme, REPLACED a dragon aspect in rituals that stole the immortality of the other dragon aspects, wielded the Dragon Soul, you know, the most powerful artifact ever created in Warcraft Lore, gives a "canon" rez to a dead red dragon, and a shit ton of stuff prior, like being so damn strong with the elements he caused Durnholde to collapse in on itself, beat legendary figures from Warcraft lore in duels, etc.

Next thing you know, his seed, aka that thing growing in Aggra will turn out to be a Titan.
    Last edited by Zorperior; 2013-06-26 at 04:01 AM.

I suspect Varian will die in addition to Garrosh. Its a fairly common plot device. Anduin is clearly a major character this expansion, in order for him to be his own person, he has to be able to operate outside of the shadow of his father, to grow as a character; what better way to do that than to kill Varian?

Thrall will die saving Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    IDK, I hate Varians story. It sounds like an orc's story in all honesty
    Varian's story really, really doesn't make sense. So much less was accomplished by the whole magical split personality nonsense than would've been accomplished by just killing him.

I have a feeling Varian is being set up for a big, big fall. His arc will ascend to him being the great super High King Big-Chin of the Alliance, yay we're organized and awesome and...BOOM. Death to the Big-Chin. Meantime the Horde will be still scattered and disparate, the Alliance will wheel about in a knee-jerk and blame the Horde for turning Big-Chin into gribbly-bait, war ensues, then in steps the Golden Boy Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    People that want Thrall to die because he is powerful are annoying. If Thrall has to die, then Malfurion and Velen at least need to die as well.
    Velen isn't exactly whoring screen time.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    I don't know why Cataclysm made people hate Thrall. If Thrall hadn't been there to help up energy and shit @ maelstrom... Azeroth would have collapsed on itself.
    Thrall was not the world's most powerful Shaman until Catacylsm hit and suddenly he was amazing. It was shoehorned and not necessary. Completely invented for the sake of giving him a bigger role.

Though I know that people may hate him because he's neutral but what should you do in times like that? Be hostile to alliance when you're trying to save the world? Not the best idea. They needed all the help they could get and they got it.
    I think the frustration is that they took the Horde's faction leader, and made him into the focal point of the entire expansion. Imagine if Varian suddenly became the world's most powerful warrior, went neutral, and orcs and trolls were doing quests for him.

So please stop hating on Thrall... you want to kill Thrall... then you want to kill off Warcraft lore.
    This is the same logic behind the "There will be no warcraft after the lich king dies." Kill off Thrall and let some of the other characters share the limelight.

Are you forgetting the quests where his soul was ripped apart and he essentially died, only to be resurrected as more powerful?

EDIT: People who complain that they want Thrall because he choose Garrosh... it's just dumb tbh. Thrall was in a hurry... Twilight's Hammer was hiding in Orgrimmar... Deathwing was shitting over Azeroth... and maybe he picked Garrosh because in those dark times the Horde really needed a War Hero to believe in and Garrosh was that war hero, it was to give people hope. And I'm not a fanboy of Thrall... I'm just saying it's just stupid to write things like that when you clearly would been fucked up if he wasn't there.
    You absolutely are a fanboy of Thrall. Thrall made a hasty and stupid decision. Once they're done dethroning Garrosh maybe they should think about the person who handed over an entire nation to him. After they kill Garrosh, maybe they should throw Thrall on the horns as well.

It's like... when a core dps in your team switches to healer... and heals better than he does dps and suddenly everyone hates him for no particular reason... so fucking stop making so fucking stupid rants about Thrall please... it's just plain fucking stupid and nothing else.
    this literally makes no sense.

Feel free to agree with me or disagree as I don't give a shits if you think that I'm wrong because this is true and people seem blind to see it.
    A purely opinion post. lol.
    Last edited by Potassiumgluconate; 2013-06-26 at 04:15 AM.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    As a Horde fanboy/fanatic and Orc lover since the first Warcraft.... Thrall needs to get his ass kicked, spine ripped out, and head mounted on a pike.

Did you not see anything in Cata? Or read any of the "canon" books for Cata?

He saved the Bronze Dragon guy whos name I can never spell from being stuck in the timeways, stopped Azeroth from falling into Deepholme, REPLACED a dragon aspect in rituals that stole the immortality of the other dragon aspects, wielded the Dragon Soul, you know, the most powerful artifact ever created in Warcraft Lore, gives a "canon" rez to a dead red dragon, and a shit ton of stuff prior, like being so damn strong with the elements he caused Durnholde to collapse in on itself, beat legendary figures from Warcraft lore in duels, etc.

Next thing you know, his seed, aka that thing growing in Aggra will turn out to be a Titan.
    Steal the immortality? Didn't they willingly give it to him so he could wield the Dragon Soul? Someone has to be the chosen one right? He is connected with the earth so...? He seemed like the perfect choice for them so the dragon aspects picked him. For sure if Thrall was to use the "Dragon Soul" any longer his hands would have been incinerated inte nothingness and so his body aswell.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wishful thinking that Thrall would die, but sadly he will live.

Would personally hate to see Varian die, the only reason he gets so much screentime is because other than Malfurion he is the only alliance leader in a position to do anything.

I mean ironforge leadership is kind of lacking and disorganized these days, Greymane has no real influence since the majority of his people were wiped out and the Gnome leadership lacks the authority to do anything big.

That said I would be the first to kick Varians ass into a pit of eternal darkness if it meant I could get Magni back.

I think it would be kind of awesome if Sylvanas staged a massive coup and killed all the other Horde leaders.

An Alliance double cross crushing the Horde would also be a great place to go.

Chances are nothing unexpected will happen though, as Blizzard doesn't want anyone to get upset and quit so though story will continue on as it always has, Horde focused and boring as hell.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    For the Alliance:

I really hope that Varian dies. He has too much screen time to the detriment of every other leader, and his character is a royal mess (specially the Lo'Gosh/Champion of Goldrinn bullshit).
    Given the complaints over the Alliances lack of story and development, and of Blizzards irritating habit of tying minor Alliance victories with major upsets and downers of some sort - I would hope Blizzard wouldn't be that stupid.

For the Horde:

I know the world..of Warcraft will end first before Metzen decides it's time to kill Green Jesus, but huh, yeah, Thrall would be my favorite pick to die. If Garrosh kills Thrall he will become one of my favorites Orcs of all time, up there with his father.
    There are several Horde characters whose story feels done. But they are also likely to be redeemable. If killed they'll be replaced with new or promoted characters. I could, for example, see Nazgrim or Zaela as Orc leader even if they aren't warchief.

EJL