Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Big names do get people interested, but it has to be backed up innovative new content the way BC was. I think a big name they have been saving is Alleria. The Blood Elf / High Elf conflict has been brought up to a major point this expansion and is unlikely to go away just because Garrosh is dead. I also doubt that Alleria will come in as a raging horde slayer the way most alliance fanatics seem to believe, we already have Vareesa for that role. High Elves have always been one of the most popular warcraft races and it doesn't make much sense for them to be the Kirin Tor security guards forever. I expect them to get their own place in Quel'Thelas or even reintegrate with the Blood Elves after a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    Big names do get people interested, but it has to be backed up innovative new content the way BC was. I think a big name they have been saving is Alleria. The Blood Elf / High Elf conflict has been brought up to a major point this expansion and is unlikely to go away just because Garrosh is dead. I also doubt that Alleria will come in as a raging horde slayer the way most alliance fanatics seem to believe, we already have Vareesa for that role. High Elves have always been one of the most popular warcraft races and it doesn't make much sense for them to be the Kirin Tor security guards forever. I expect them to get their own place in Quel'Thelas or even reintegrate with the Blood Elves after a civil war.
    Thats why when I gave my examples I also mentioned ideas for possible storylines to aid development and not just I'm back

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see somthing like a return of sargaras or guldan personally. And whatever happen to a lady azhara raid?

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post

Ok with the decline in wow and mop coming to a close I think Blizzard will be pulling out some big names to revive alot of subs who may have left during the cata and mop era.
    Some WoW players care more about the subs then the bosses of Blizzard... I doubt Ghostcrawler is worried his game is losing subs after 8 years, when the pre-release plans in 2004 were to keep the servers up for 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    You actually think that some NPCs are gonna bring back subs? lol'd
    I think it absolutely would yeah. I saw a lot of complaints in Cataclysm and this expansion that the lore lacked roots and took too much of a back seat. A strong, story driven expansion as TBC and Wrath were, with roots firmly in the game's strongly developed past, that players can associate with would undoubtably bring players back.

Horde-side could use a lot more development of Baine. He needs to do more than stand in Cairne's shadow and IMO should be a much more prominent Horde leader. And not as some "guys shut up and be nice to Alliance" character like they tried to portray him as, but more of a watchful figure within the new Horde leadership. I think he should distrust humans a lot because of the Camp Taurajo assault, but he should also distrust orcs because of Garrosh. So he's basically there to make sure the orcish side of the Horde doesn't get back on the same path Garrosh has taken.

Goblins need a new leader. I hope we can find out Gallywix fled in exile after Garrosh's death, and the Bilgewater cartel decides to choose a new leader. I'm not totally sure who it should be but they need someone clever in charge. Goblins in general need to be more involved in the Horde story. I already like how they're presented/characterized as a race, but it would be even better for them to have a major figure in the central plot/Horde leadership. Someone to keep them thinking ahead/thinking smarter.

I can't think of any big improvements to do with Blood Elves or Forsaken or Trolls. I mean if they want, Vol'jin could die, but then I don't know who would be the new leader of the Darkspear. Vol'jin is honestly a pretty good leader anyway.

Maybe Ji Firepaw should do more as well. Pandaren feel like an after-thought in the Horde, to be honest, but most of our other races are pretty well established and integrated.

Mainly I'd just work on building Baine's story, and obviously the new orc leadership's story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think it absolutely would yeah. I saw a lot of complaints in Cataclysm and this expansion that the lore lacked roots and took too much of a back seat. A strong, story driven expansion as TBC and Wrath were, with roots firmly in the game's strongly developed past, that players can associate with would undoubtably bring players back.
    Wrath and TBC were anything but story driven, if you mean familiar, yeah, story was told terribly in both specially TBC. Familiar faces is another matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly this is pure speculation nothing more nothing less.

Ok with the decline in wow and mop coming to a close I think Blizzard will be pulling out some big names to revive alot of subs who may have left during the cata and mop era.

So lets discuss possible heros / leaders who could make a return and stir up some sh*t.

I mainly play alliance so I will start there.

Human - Said before Turalyon coming back with his battle hardened troops to reingite the war on Lorderon and perhaps dismiss Varian for letting the north fall into horde hands so easily. - Why would a servant of the king, "dismiss" the king himself? Turalyon were trained to be a soldier for the Alliance. I don't think he would have that much affect upon the king in the end. Yes, he may be a hero, but not able to dismiss the king. If he returned, then the chances would be that he would join the last of the paladins that is left from back then - Or just resume a good life with his lady (if she would return as well).

Dwarf - With the earth finally at peace the diamond prison shattered around Magni and upon seeing his daughter and her son in ironforge a new dwarf storyline emerges. - Is plausible, but if that were possible, wouldn't it have happened? As all the leaders has been down to see him before? Think it'll take a long time or some moment where it's needed.

Gnome - since he is in the brawlers guild I would love to see a stroyline were Millhouse Manastorm returns to the gnomes and trys to seperate the technology loving gnomes from the magic focued gnomes and start a civil war of sorts between the two divions. - WOAH, WOAH.. It's Gnomes, they don't wanna be seperated from magic or technology.. That is how they are. If Manastorm would return to them, then it would be more to get Gnomeregan back. But seeing as he works for money mostly, and is in the Brawler's I guess because he needs a little action.

Worgen - this one would be great Packleader Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Darius Crowley going against the wishes of King greymane begin a brutal assault on the forsaken in and around gilneas. - In the end, King Greymane wouldn't mind, if they have success at getting the Gilnean lands back. He tells people not to risk their lives for a dead goal. He doesn't stop them, he warns them. (after what I've noticed). And they are loyal to the king as it seems for now, so don't see a problem there. Would spark some new goals between Gilneas and the Forsaken though. But also bring the use of the plague into more purposes.

Night elf - Two first names same second name Captain Jarod Shadowsong and Warden Maiev Shadowsong. There is a huge chain quest that could be applied here and have the night elfs start to believe that Maiev's anger and zeal would/should be the way forward. - Would be cool to see Jarod return, but don't think about Maiev. They wouldn't dare change the leadership of the Night Elves unless Tyrande sadly falls in combat.

Draenei - Velen Nuff said. - Velen is there, he observes as the years pass, for the moment where his people may reclaim their own home once more. This could be plausible, though we would have to defeat a ton of enemies. Almost a half expansion would contain that, or atleast 2 patches.

Now I will not mention horde as that is not my strong suit so if anyone wants to take up the horde challenge by all means.
    All sounds good, though some things confuses me so much.. I wrote it in bold in OP's post..

BUT, I would rather see a new Silvermoon, as the Sunreavers are now without a home, they should rebuild the ruins of Silvermoon to house them. And well, Lor'themar is already kicking ass and being awesome.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly this is pure speculation nothing more nothing less.

So lets discuss possible heros / leaders who could make a return and stir up some sh*t.

I mainly play alliance so I will start there.

Human - Said before Turalyon coming back with his battle hardened troops to reingite the war on Lorderon and perhaps dismiss Varian for letting the north fall into horde hands so easily.

Dwarf - With the earth finally at peace the diamond prison shattered around Magni and upon seeing his daughter and her son in ironforge a new dwarf storyline emerges.

Gnome - since he is in the brawlers guild I would love to see a stroyline were Millhouse Manastorm returns to the gnomes and trys to seperate the technology loving gnomes from the magic focued gnomes and start a civil war of sorts between the two divions.

Worgen - this one would be great Packleader Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Darius Crowley going against the wishes of King greymane begin a brutal assault on the forsaken in and around gilneas.

Night elf - Two first names same second name Captain Jarod Shadowsong and Warden Maiev Shadowsong. There is a huge chain quest that could be applied here and have the night elfs start to believe that Maiev's anger and zeal would/should be the way forward.

Draenei - Velen Nuff said.

Now I will not mention horde as that is not my strong suit so if anyone wants to take up the horde challenge by all means.
    Firstly, I'm not calling you stupid when I say this, I just want to make that clear. But all the speculative ideas you've posted here are utterly stupid.

1. Turalyon is a Paladin, he cannot "dismiss" a reigning monarch who also happens to lead the entire unified Alliance, enjoying the support of all its racial factions and leaders.

2. Magni is not sealed in a diamond prison, he has been turned completely to diamond. He is dead. That's not to say he won't come back, just a minor correction of facts there.

3. Millhouse Manastorm is a joke character.

4. The Worgen curse prevents those hit by the Forsaken Blight from being risen into undeath, but they still die nonetheless. Give up on Gilneas & Lordaeron already, you're never, ever getting them back.*

5. Maiev Shadowsong is a murderer who attempted to frame another Kal'dorei faction for her attempted genocide (or possibly fratricide?) and sabotage of the reinclusion of the Highborne into Night Elven society. Jarod, weakly though understandably, did not kill his demented sister as he should have. If she returns, which I expect she will, she will be an antagonist.

All that out of the way, I hope dearly that we're not playing second fiddle to heroes again in the next expansion. It's demeaning to do all the ground work and then have Blizzard parachute their favourite character of the moment in at the last minute to take all the glory. Let us be the heroes again.

* I know they re-captured Gilneas City, but the zone is still technically contested, ongoing battles between the forces of the Forsaken supported by the Horde, and the forces of the Alliance.
    Last edited by Tydrane; 2013-06-26 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Wrath and TBC were anything but story driven, if you mean familiar, yeah, story was told terribly in both specially TBC. Familiar faces is another matter.
    I thought Wrath and TBC were much better told than Cataclysm with its dead ends (N'zoth, Vashj'ir), random comedy tangents (Harrison Jones, Nefarion/Onyxia) and Thrallcentricity. Subjective view is subjective. All had a pretty clearcut concept and plan 'on the box' though.

Right now we have a lot of familiar faces in the faction leaders, and the story is developing pretty nicely; it was just never clear what direction it was going to go on the box which gives everything a sort of weird 'where we going with this' feel to it.

Deleted
    would fit nicely with a character model update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    would fit nicely with a character model update.
    They already say it's coming, they are currently working on them now after last I read.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I thought Wrath and TBC were much better told than Cataclysm with its dead ends (N'zoth, Vashj'ir), random comedy tangents (Harrison Jones, Nefarion/Onyxia) and Thrallcentricity. Subjective view is subjective. All had a pretty clearcut concept and plan 'on the box' though.

Right now we have a lot of familiar faces in the faction leaders, and the story is developing pretty nicely; it was just never clear what direction it was going to go on the box which gives everything a sort of weird 'where we going with this' feel to it.
    What's not subjective is that TBC and Wrath completely annihilated already established lore. That's simply just a straight up fact.

Rexxar returns, bringing Ogres back in to the fold, and helping to repair the damage done by the internal horde conflict. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Rexxar returns, bringing Ogres back in to the fold, and helping to repair the damage done by the internal horde conflict. GG.
    That would be a really good idea, Turalyon and Alleria do need to stay Alliance, someone like Rexxar could help even it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Firstly, I'm not calling you stupid when I say this, I just want to make that clear. But all the speculative ideas you've posted here are utterly stupid.

1. Turalyon is a Paladin, he cannot "dismiss" a reigning monarch who also happens to lead the entire unified Alliance, enjoying the support of all its racial factions and leaders. Turalyon is the Supreme Allied Commander and High General of the Alliance forces. His command was above any one monarch.
    "Turalyon was named Lothar's successor as Supreme Commander by the monarchs of the Alliance"wowpedia
    He was given the right to command all the armies of the human alliance as he sees fit so Varian can try and refuse but turalyon still has military seniority

2. Magni is not sealed in a diamond prison, he has been turned completely to diamond. He is dead. That's not to say he won't come back, just a minor correction of facts there. "
    Status Petrified; Spirit lingers beneath Khaz Modan," wowpedia
    So not dead just waiting for his body to become free

3. Millhouse Manastorm is a joke character.I agree and disagree, He has been in the game since tbc and could be a character that the developers might think deserves a lore boost.

4. The Worgen curse prevents those hit by the Forsaken Blight from being risen into undeath, but they still die nonetheless. Give up on Gilneas & Lordaeron already, you're never, ever getting them back.*If that is the case then lore is dead, you have to fight for your homeland against all odds. This is warcraft

5. Maiev Shadowsong is a murderer who attempted to frame another Kal'dorei faction for her attempted genocide (or possibly fratricide?) and sabotage of the reinclusion of the Highborne into Night Elven society. Jarod, weakly though understandably, did not kill his demented sister as he should have. If she returns, which I expect she will, she will be an antagonist. I never said you ally with Maiev, I said that her actions make some of the night elfs question there current system of government, and Jarrod yeah questline involving you aiding him hunt down his sister would be amazing

* I know they re-captured Gilneas City, but the zone is still technically contested, ongoing battles between the forces of the Forsaken supported by the Horde, and the forces of the Alliance.
    Right then let me defend myself before you call the ideas stupid ....
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-06-26 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    2. Magni is not sealed in a diamond prison, he has been turned completely to diamond. He is dead. That's not to say he won't come back, just a minor correction of facts there.

4. The Worgen curse prevents those hit by the Forsaken Blight from being risen into undeath, but they still die nonetheless. Give up on Gilneas & Lordaeron already, you're never, ever getting them back.*

All that out of the way, I hope dearly that we're not playing second fiddle to heroes again in the next expansion. It's demeaning to do all the ground work and then have Blizzard parachute their favourite character of the moment in at the last minute to take all the glory. Let us be the heroes again.

Just wanted to point out, I think it was...Metzen who basically said, tweeted, that Magni wasn't dead.

Also, what you've said about Gilneas. I think it was...GC who said that after SoO the Horde would have to give up territories like Ashenvale and Gilneas. After SoO the Alliance is going to be the strong, dominant faction they said, and the Horde has to make up for what they've done, including they're in no condition to argue. After SoO, lorewise the Alliance own Gilneas, GC did say though whether or not it would be shown in-game as it would take resources.

Lastly, what you said about heroes. A year or so ago, Metzen tweeted, basically, which heroes would you like to see return/come back from the dead and which of you players played WC3. He basically said we'll be seeing WC3 heroes come back some time soon.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Blizzard didn't lose subs.
    3+ Million disagree with you.

OT; if its gonna be in azeroth once more and have a uninteresting lore behind it then I might not play it.

Human - Said before Turalyon coming back with his battle hardened troops to reingite the war on Lorderon and perhaps dismiss Varian for letting the north fall into horde hands so easily.
    Biggest problem with this, Turalyon was a general for Loredaeron, Varian is King of Stormwind. When "the north" fell, the human race was still divided into 7 separate kingdoms. (Yes there was still the Alliance, but not in wartime, not as united) You can't blame one king for the mistakes of another. When the plague was ravaging Loredaeron the southern Kingdoms were still rebuilding from the first and second wars. Stormwind was razed to the ground and had to be rebuilt from the ground up.

And to add on "Turalyon is the Supreme Allied Commander and High General of the Alliance forces. His command was above any one monarch."

Turalyon, while an awesome hero and I really hope they bring him back, is out of his "glory days". Him coming back from the blue after 10+ years of absence throwing around "I'm Supreme Allied Commander and I dethrone you for something that happened years ago"

Would be akin to General Patton coming back from a long absence when his WW2 was long over, attempting to overthrow the US Government for "losing in Vietnam"
    Last edited by Poshadin; 2013-06-26 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    3+ Million disagree with you.

OT; if its gonna be in azeroth once more and have a uninteresting lore behind it then I might not play it.
    but he's right Blizzard didn't lose subs..WoW did.