Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot Pally Advice - Twins HC

Hey all, well my guilds recently started to get a core team again after a healer issue, and we downed council (yay!), we also killed mag hc in 17 pulls with the kill being the worst pull ever (many dps didnt have cds and the first head almost got 4 breaths off, whereas it is normally 2).

Anyway we're sitting at 7hc right now with: jinrok, horridon, Council, Tortos, Magaera, Ji-kun, Iron Qon...

Now i've always said Durumu twins and Primo are quite easy with the exception being Durumu if he bugs.

We're gonna attempt Primordius tonight and i rekon it'll be a fast kill so my questions really about Twins HC

Twins

We solo tank normal and sometimes it's a bit sketchy during P2 (fan of flames) i stand on the comets and such, and CD the ones that are impossible to have a comet for, sometimes though we get the unlucky tank death and i res and it's fine. My plan is to take 8 stacks, bubble and then take the rest. Any Solo tanking hc twins pally wanna share how they do it? Is the damage the same from the debuff, i normally start worrying about 3stacks+, as in if i have to, i will divine protection the 3rd stack unless a comets up, and anything past 6 i'll use a big CD for.

I usually take 4-5 stacks -> a fury warrior takes the 6th without the need of cds and 7th with shield wall (I just lost my stacks). Then I take another 4-5 stacks, bubble and keep the boss until phase 3.

Nice, good idea i'll defiantly try that

Deleted
    ^ i presume this is for 10 man?

we're giving twins hc ago tonight and was wondering if this was still viable on 25 man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    ^ i presume this is for 10 man?

we're giving twins hc ago tonight and was wondering if this was still viable on 25 man
    Damage on 25 heroic is quite high. I'm getting hit really hard for 3rd stack of fan. Not staying in the comet shadow, though, since we want them to melt slowly. (staying at max possible range to decrease her stacks)

Deleted
    Fan of Flames hits for 100% weapon damage as fire damage, so the 10m-25m difference should be only a extra ~20% damage. And Twins doesn't hits hard to begin with. (Hence solo-tanking is possible on HC, with the beast + boss on you. You pop a CD for every beast and barely need healing. -___- Lame. )

EDIT: I did some calculation from WoL data, and Fan of Flames hits for ~318k on 10m HC and ~380k on 25m HC. Obviously, it is affected by the standard weapon damage rng, and the stacking +25% debuff. Calculate how many you can take with CDs and plan them beforehand. (Also it doesn't resets it's swing timer! )
    Last edited by mmoc0083755d71; 2013-06-24 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    yeah soloing P1 is a non issue - did that last week on our first pull before end of raid time. The fans damage seemed really high though with just a few stacks.

meh moo point - my account has apparently been hacked and blizz have closed my account :/

yeah soloing P1 is a non issue - did that last week on our first pull before end of raid time. The fans damage seemed really high though with just a few stacks.

meh moo point - my account has apparently been hacked and blizz have closed my account :/
    Well, yeah; P1 is a joke by all accounts. P2 is the "moderately difficult to solo-tank" phase on HC. I still am iffy on it being doable without someone taunt-swapping for a clear at 5-6+ (or bubble-clearing), but maybe it's doable. Just seems like a lot of work for not a lot of gains (IMO anyway).

And I got hacked this weekend too! And, subsequently banned for gold-selling. Ugh. I thought it was for selling Gold CM's, which had me scared, but apparently it was because I got hacked (with an authenticator, wtf?!) and transferred (ugggh, $50 charges). How annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    And I got hacked this weekend too! And, subsequently banned for gold-selling. Ugh. I thought it was for selling Gold CM's, which had me scared, but apparently it was because I got hacked (with an authenticator, wtf?!) and transferred (ugggh, $50 charges). How annoying.
    exactly the same as me then - they somehow exploited some bug with SMS protect (which i hadnt activated on my account) to somehow deactivate the mobile authenticator from my account and be able to hack it. They tried to transfer 2 of my characters cross faction/realm and sold a bunch of my gear and gold. hoping to be be able to log back on tonight fully restored for the the raid :/

exactly the same as me then - they somehow exploited some bug with SMS protect (which i hadnt activated on my account) to somehow deactivate the mobile authenticator from my account and be able to hack it. They tried to transfer 2 of my characters cross faction/realm and sold a bunch of my gear and gold. hoping to be be able to log back on tonight fully restored for the the raid :/
    Yep, the EXACT same thing.

Don't fret, I got all my stuff back in ~4-6 hours from submitting the ticket. Best of luck!
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by jeanbono View Post
    I usually take 4-5 stacks -> a fury warrior takes the 6th without the need of cds and 7th with shield wall (I just lost my stacks). Then I take another 4-5 stacks, bubble and keep the boss until phase 3.
    You'll have less troubles just taunting off every Nuclear cast - this will only cause 1 stack on the offtank and the offtank even need to take any melee hits.

I know I'm a couple days too late, has anyone actually solo-tanked it? It seems like the gain would be pretty miniscule, and would make moving Lulin out of the way for her Tidal Force kinda annoying.

We used two tank, and just had the other tank taunt off when the add spawned and then I taunt the boss off. I can take 3 stacks of the fire debuff w/out cooldowns if I need to- but generally need a WoG right after as it puts me under 15% health.our kill

I actually ended up single tanking through the last couple of stacks in Suen phase and then in phase 3. But actually single tanking through Suen phase? Nope, not gonna do it. The 3rd debuff itself poops on me through cooldowns, I can't think of taking a 4th and I definitely don't trust my dps to taunt on time.

Pretty simple to 'solo-tank' it - just need someone who survives taking a stack after every nuke.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I can't think of taking a 4th and I definitely don't trust my dps to taunt on time.
    You know you've got like 5 seconds to taunt during the nuke.

I don't see a reason to solo tank this fight at all. If your dps is that bad you really shouldn't be here. The fight was a DPS check early on in the tier before upgrades but it's a complete joke now. Anyway, with what you've killed you could and should very likely be able to kill Twins, the fight is nearly the same. I believe this was our 5th heroic boss with probably a 525 average ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soultics View Post
    I don't see a reason to solo tank this fight at all. If your dps is that bad you really shouldn't be here. The fight was a DPS check early on in the tier before upgrades but it's a complete joke now. Anyway, with what you've killed you could and should very likely be able to kill Twins, the fight is nearly the same. I believe this was our 5th heroic boss with probably a 525 average ilvl.
    That seems like horrible logic.

If you can get higher dps then why dont do it. More dps helps. Maybe the boss is killable with X dps but if you can do X+100k dps it is gonna be even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    That seems like horrible logic.

If you can get higher dps then why dont do it. More dps helps. Maybe the boss is killable with X dps but if you can do X+100k dps it is gonna be even easier.
    Ehh, disagree, I'm actually with him on this. There is very little to gain here in terms of tank throughput, and you're likely to lose a lot of that from positioning issues later on in phase 3 with things like tidal force. The amount of stacking also would bait some bad star-crash things, and possibly a comet-killer, which would then ruin your single tank ability.

One wipe on this boss trying to 1-tank if/when something goes wrong is a LOT more time lost than just 2-tanking and 1-shotting it. Not like it's a DPS check at all anymore.
    20k and counting...

How do you get 'bad' star crashes from stacking the bosses ? °_°

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    How do you get 'bad' star crashes from stacking the bosses ? °_°
    We usually have ranged spread and melee on sun boss in p3. Stacking them would give less time for the moon one to run to the tank after an inferno, meaning crash could/would go out sooner (potentially before ample re-spreading) if you 1-tank it. Was my thought anyway.

My main point was that it's simply not worth it, due to the high likelihood of something going wrong that is much more difficult to recover from with 1 tank, versus the small amount of superfluous DPS gained.
    20k and counting...

Cheers for all the comments but:

1. We have the dps to 2 tank it yes but why would we? I dont understand why im getting comments from people who have not 1 tanked it when i'm (or was) asking for specific help on 1 tanking.

I never need heals during P1, self heal enough and on normal i push like 170k+, why wouldnt i 1 tank hc if the only change is - a bit more dmg from P2 stacks which if i can reset wont even be an issue, was asking how people (paladins) dealt with it, Now that i know you can have a warrior take 2 stacks or just simply take a stack every inferno, my questions been answered. Some of the information on the thread is definantly wrong though, single tanking is a massive gain, even if you have the dps to 2 tank it. I thought every hc raider would know how powerful a pally on this boss is lol.

Cheers to those that posted helpful information ^^