Looking to buy a gaming laptop, not sure where to start

Hey guys, I'm heading off to college this fall and required to have a laptop for several of my classes. I would also like to be able to play World of Warcraft on high settings. My budget is roughly 1000$, but I may be willing to go up another hundred or two if it's a great deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I even start digging, I'm not sure $1000 is enough for WoW on high on a laptop (not at 1920x1080, anyways). Thats the budget for a desktop going for high/ultra, usually.

But, answer this:

How important is battery life/weight vs performance:
    What do you intend to do on this machine:

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    Before I even start digging, I'm not sure $1000 is enough for WoW on high on a laptop (not at 1920x1080, anyways). Thats the budget for a desktop going for high/ultra, usually.

But, answer this:

How important is battery life/weight vs performance:
    What do you intend to do on this machine:
    Location? US, not sure what you're looking for here (not sure what you're speaking relative to, sorry)
    End budget: $1100
    Performance > Battery life > Weight
    Intention: Game and do school work related to programming

Sorry if I skimped on any of the details!

He means country, it effects your selection and price when you list a number greatly :P So yes, US would be a correct answer.

Though, tbh, you can get an APU laptop now for $600~ that'll compete with a $1,000~ laptop with a dedicated card. So not entirely sure if you -want- to spend the extra.

A few draw backs though to the APU, they won't compete with something past $1,200, realistically, right now. They just won't. BUT, it might be possible down the road, to buy a new APU chip that'll upgrade both your CPU and GPU later on in it's life, vs a laptop without one, you won't have that option.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/p...5C-S01US-specs
    $750. Has one of the higher APUs you can get right now. You'd have to go find some benchmarking / comparison videos on youtube because I'm lazy as can be right now. But eh. Your choice. Watch Woot.com if you have about a month's time to wait. Surely something will pop up there.~