The Uncharted series is overrated?

Got all three games off a deal out of boredom. I am a PC elitist, but wow. These games are seriously some of the best I've ever played in my entire life, and I'm flabbergasted at who could call it overrated. The first one is ok for it's age, the second one is now one of my favorite games of all time, and the third one is very very good, even if it is short.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Not that it is bad, but as of late the current generation of games is nowhere near as awesome as the older generations of gaming were, and that trend is probably going to continue on. Nevertheless; Uncharted is the the notable exception and most likely the highlight of the PS3 era of gaming.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been contemplating checking these games out. Should I start at the start, or just grab the 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I've been contemplating checking these games out. Should I start at the start, or just grab the 3rd?
    You can get the first two brand new for $15, might as well start at the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Start from the beginning. I will say 2 and 3 are better than 1 which is mostly the reason for starting at the start. From two on most of the tech groundwork was already done and that shows in the sequels as they had more resources for content because of that. Still you'd be amazed by the first and then blasted away by the 2nd and in unbelief they could keep the same quality in 3. It's seriously no surprise to me that The Last of Us is getting such high ratings considering Naughty Dogs track record.
    I also had the pleasure of playing UC3 on my parents 52" 3D TV (in 3D ofc) when I parked my PS3 there once. I loved it even more that way as it works for that game.

@OP
    I had the displeasure of hooking up my PS3 once to my 22" HD computer screen. Then you really notice how crappy console graphics really are especially when it comes to resolution. Uncharted 1&2 where the only games that actually looked good on it. It is kind of funny the problem is a lot less apparent on a 52" screen as you are sitting a few meter away from.

Why do you keep asking if games are overrated?

I love the Uncharted series, probably my favorite for the PS3 outside of a few stand alone games here or there. Overrated? I don't think so.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

"Is X game overrated" threads need to stop. It's an opinion you need to figure out for yourself. If you want to discuss overrated games, there is already a thread about it. Use the search function.