Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The LFR situation is much worse (for Blizzard) than that. Not only is the legendary quest irrelevant for LFR-only players, so is everything that drops in SoO LFR. After all, they can experience LFR with ilvl 500(?) gear; what does getting better gear buy them?

I have a suspicion the legendary quest chain was supposed to be Blizzard's answer to the question of how to keep LFR players from unsubbing after clearing SoO once. If so, I think it fail utterly.
    Maybe some will do it once and quit. I know myself I'll continue doing it until I'm personally satisfied with how my character is in terms of quality. You may have a point that Blizzard put this 'Ordos Scale Cloak' in to keep people in LFR, but if that's the case then they really messed it up. You can't have a questline be 'optional' for all content, and then at the last minute make it 'mandatory' to complete to see a piece of content.

But I agree. When I realized that a LFR ToT staff weapon would still be more powerful than a Sha-gemmed and upgraded LFR staff weapon, then it greatly, greatly diminishes the appeal of the questline. That's Blizzards fault.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

When I realized that a LFR ToT staff weapon would still be more powerful than a Sha-gemmed and upgraded LFR staff weapon, then it greatly, greatly diminishes the appeal of the questline. That's Blizzards fault.
    It's supposed to be replaced, that's not blizzards fault. A new tier is released and your gear is outdated.

Yea, naturally if you're going back after the fact to do it, it's not going to seem as cool, but that's the case with everything.

That sha-gemmed/upgraded LFR weapon would have been amazing had you of done it when the content was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Thunderfury was a legendary that required you to visit old content to make. You weren't doing Naxx without Thunderfury.

Progressed guilds were not doing the attunements in a week when they first came out. It took a vast majority of the guilds that killed Illidan I'd say.. oh.. 4-6 months to kill him and even have a chance at the "lol drop chance" legendary.

Valanyr still required "bonus" content to complete, with the hardmode.

And I specifically said shadowmourne and everything beyond it fits his criteria of having nothing required than the bare minimum.

And while I acknowledge that these legendaries didn't "prevent" progression, (as if a world boss is progression, now?) the legendaries themselves had failsafes to ensure that you had to do something out of the ordinary, or visit old content to complete.

Next time you're going to retort my post, at least read it.
    I know what your post said, but both of your posts now have been irrelevant to the original argument. Noones cares if legendaries took time and multiple challenges to get before. That is irrelevant. Make sense yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    It took me about 5 minutes to come up with a good reason when I first read about this.

I never said it wasn't a change of precedent, merely that there's no legitimate reason to be upset by this, as most of the people affected by this, aren't going to care either way.

That's like a young boy getting mad because his sister got a new dress. He's not mad that he doesn't have a dress, he's upset that she got something and he didn't. It's pure and simple a case of people getting upset because they feel like they're being mistreated because they can't access the content, despite the fact the content isn't for them.
    Your analogy is invalid in that it assumes this debate is about me and what I feel towards this scenario, when the debate is whether or not Blizzard should implement this late gating feature when there was no prior precedent and that it runs contrary to what LFR's focused people in the last three patches.

It isn't like it matters as if a LFR group went against the New boss they would fail horribly. I once watched a friend in a casual guild struggle for hours trying to do the solo boss you have to do and then gave up, bads will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Your analogy is invalid in that it assumes this debate is about me and what I feel towards this scenario, when the debate is whether or not Blizzard should implement this late gating feature when there was no prior precedent and that it runs contrary to what LFR's focused people in the last three patches.
    I'll give you that there's no prior precedent, but so what? How exactly does an optional world boss run contrary to people doing LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I don't even have to read this. I could taste the QQ tears from the title. Delicious. Bring back more attunements I say. Make people do the quest/story that was meant to last a year.
    I agree
    and once people unsub due to the gating stupidity I'll stand here and go "ha ha"

but hey, the special snowflakes feel entitled to a world boss that them dirty scrubs won't see and blizzard tried to deviled the whole of MoP
    first Galleon was supposed to be that hard boss, day one out, zerged by anyone, then remember the hyping of how Oondasta will be this ultra hard boss, only heroic raiders will even dare to attempt? first day out, zerged by 200 people that have never even stepped foot into a heroic
    so gating is the next step to appease the entitled minority

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's utterly fucking stupid and ass backwards. Seriously it's terrible design to lock other players out so SOME people can feel fucking special. I hope they lose a whole bunch of subs over this. Or better yet I hope theirs enough backlash they reverse this.
    It is not terrible design. A lot of people can get access to this boss if they put in the time, no matter how much RNG. So what if they cannot fight him the first week or few, if they started now, they will have a high chance of attempting him come patch launch or soon after. Also 'exclusive' content is not a bad thing, although I cannot see how this is very exclusive since majority of people can get this if they spent the time. There was a time in this game that 95% of the playerbase did not see raids, now you complain that one single boss is not so easily reachable for everyone... come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I agree
    and once people unsub due to the gating stupidity I'll stand here and go "ha ha"

but hey, the special snowflakes feel entitled to a world boss that them dirty scrubs won't see and blizzard tried to deviled the whole of MoP
    first Galleon was supposed to be that hard boss, day one out, zerged by anyone, then remember the hyping of how Oondasta will be this ultra hard boss, only heroic raiders will even dare to attempt? first day out, zerged by 200 people that have never even stepped foot into a heroic
    so gating is the next step to appease the entitled minority
    People that unsub due to one boss are a blessing to the health of the game.

Deleted
    Blizzard are bringing in many ways to catch up. Not sure what issue is really.

Is it just me, or has anyone else realized Ordos requires the LEGENDARY VERSION of the cloak. No one will have the LEGENDARY VERSION upon 5.4 launch. You're going to have to complete the last part of the quest chain, which is collecting more shit, I believe coins that you get from SoO.

So even then, it won't be a while before enough people get these LEGENDARY cloaks to even formulate a group. In hindsight there is plenty of time to catch up.
    Last edited by Laere; 2013-06-30 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    It is not terrible design. A lot of people can get access to this boss if they put in the time, no matter how much RNG. So what if they cannot fight him the first week or few, if they started now, they will have a high chance of attempting him come patch launch or soon after. Also 'exclusive' content is not a bad thing, although I cannot see how this is very exclusive since majority of people can get this if they spent the time. There was a time in this game that 95% of the playerbase did not see raids, now you complain that one single boss is not so easily reachable for everyone... come on...
    Exactly this, clear LFR weekly at whatever times suits you and you get a ilvl 608 cloak. If someone won't do that then what does the boss mean anyway, if someone doesnt do lfr or raid what does gear even mean to a person?

Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    Is it just me, or has anyone else realized Ordos requires the LEGENDARY VERSION of the cloak. No one will have the LEGENDARY VERSION upon 5.4 launch. You're going to have to complete the last part of the quest chain, which is collecting more shit, I believe coins.
    It's irrelevant to the point of this conversation. The people against this don't care about the loot, they're just upset other people got something and they didn't, regardless if it would benefit them or not.

It's irrelevant to the point of this conversation. The people against this don't care about the loot, they're just upset other people got something and they didn't, regardless if it would benefit them or not.
    If that thought process isn't the thought process of a young child then it is scary that adults are jealous of another person who took another path in Wow to progress faster and obtain more gear. These players are rewarded just like Blizzard rewards bad game play with LFR and Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    If that thought process isn't the thought process of a young child then it is scary that adults are jealous of another person who took another path in Wow to progress faster and obtain more gear. These players are rewarded just like Blizzard rewards bad game play with LFR and Flex.
    Well no one ever said it was a rational thought lol.

I'll give you that there's no prior precedent, but so what? How exactly does an optional world boss run contrary to people doing LFR?
    Well I suppose this is the crux of it as I don't believe it's particularly fun to slap a new rule right towards the end of the game. It just upsets people for no real good result. In the middle of LFR right now so eh, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Well I suppose this is the crux of it as I don't believe it's particularly fun to slap a new rule right towards the end of the game. It just upsets people for no real good result. In the middle of LFR right now so eh, I guess we'll agree to disagree.
    I guess we'll have to lol.

On a serious note though, from a development standpoint it does make sense. After all it's only PTR, they're trying something radical to see if it'll work. Not only is it radical, but it affects such a small portion of the playerbase, that it is very low risk to do.

I guess I just can't understand why people would get upset at something that has nothing to do with them.

Well If people want something that badly, they're going to have to work for it. People need to stop expecting everything. Blizzard may have made a mistake in lately notifying the populace about the legendary cloak being a door to more content, but it really is no surprise coming from this company. But, that still doesn't render the fact anyone is open to obtain this cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    You are responding to a strawman.

Why should not be able to see a boss I am more than capable of attempting because I took a break during 5.0/5.1? I can (and probably will) kill every heroic boss this expansion, the last "normal mode" boss I will kill will be this, assuming anyones even bothered to make a group for this one between the 4 other bosses available for everyone late in the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Well they're still unsure of a 5.5, so you never know what they may do. I mean TBC had Sunwell, Wrath had Ruby Sanctum. You never know if they will cut the expansion after SoO or surprise us with something short to keep us busy until the new expansion.