10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

Fed up with all the fanboyism in threads for next gen consoles...

I for one am sick and tired of all the threads for the next gen console instantly being turned into fanboy wars..

I am a fan of video games... I will play any game I like on any console I like. I play PC, Wii U, 360, PS3, 3DS, Ipad, Android phone and Vita.. Why? because all of them have awesome games, and in my opinion if you are a true gamer, if a game is awesome no matter the platform you will want to play it.

Yes I will be buying an Xbox One and a PS4, because for me both consoles have games coming that made me go "oooh that looks fun" and the "fun" part for me being the single most important part of a game.

So what do you guys think? Please keep console bashing out of this thread, I want it to be a place where people can post what they are looking forward to regardless of format.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as long as there is different consoles, there will be people that like one and bash the other. Just the way it is.
    I'm more or less the same way as you, I'll play a game no matter what console its on because I'll own the all at some point anyway, though I will be buying my ps4 first.

Microsoft is simply making it harder for me to want to own a Xbox1. I could buy a Xbox1 at launch, but that would compromise me as a person. I care very much about my consumer rights, and while I wish everyone else did the same I'm not going to bash anyone for buying a Xbox1. That doesn't mean I like Sony though, I just see them as the "lesser of two evils". I'm more neutral, both to Microsoft & Sony, but Sony has shown more goodwill & consumer friendliness than Microsoft, so yeah.

I'll probably just a buy a PS4 later down the line, when the console-exclusive games I enjoy have been released (none of them are launch titles). An Xbox1 purchase, while not impossible, is improbable (no exclusives that are tempting enough)

Was saddened to hear that the next NHL won't be next-gen, but I suppose it makes sense given that they usually release them around September & the consoles are not due until November at least. I'm also looking forward to the Final Fantasy games & Dynasty Warriors games although the DW games are starting to get a bit stale, but I've always been a fan of them so here's hoping the next-gen can bring some new innovative features to them.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I for one am sick and tired of all the threads for the next gen console instantly being turned into fanboy wars..

I am a fan of video games... I will play any game I like on any console I like. I play PC, Wii U, 360, PS3, 3DS, Ipad, Android phone and Vita.. Why? because all of them have awesome games, and in my opinion if you are a true gamer, if a game is awesome no matter the platform you will want to play it.

Yes I will be buying an Xbox One and a PS4, because for me both consoles have games coming that made me go "oooh that looks fun" and the "fun" part for me being the single most important part of a game.

So what do you guys think? Please keep console bashing out of this thread, I want it to be a place where people can post what they are looking forward to regardless of format.
    Its happened with each generation It happened last generation with the wii vs 360 vs ps3 and happened again this generation. All in all we arnt gona get totaly unbaised views from almost anyone here as this is a pc gaming forum. But most of the time all your going to see is people spazzing and posting whats the hip thing to bash about. Atm the cool thing to do is shit on microsoft for the DRM thing. It happens with every console. I saw it with the Wii ps3 360 vita wii u ect. Its a shame the mods here dont seem to give a shit about it either as iv begged and pleaded for the threads to get cleaned up iv even made posts that i know should have got deleted but never did. They just seem to sit back and let the shit fly and as a result the thread deteriate to sub 4chan levels. When more info comes out there will be another thing for people to bitch about. In these threads i ussually take the side of whatever the hip thing to complain about is so its ussually me against everyone on the forum but meh. Unless the moderation team steps it up the threads about the next gen consoles will keep being shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Because as long as there is different ANYTHING, there will be people that like one and bash the other. Just the way it is.
    Fixed. The human condition Do what you enjoy you don't have to justify your hobbies to anyone.

Bah... It's mostly due to people being able to afford ONE platform. Since they can only afford the one, they have to choose the BEST. The only way to remain convinced that your choice is the best is to try to tear down all other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Bah... It's mostly due to people being able to afford ONE platform. Since they can only afford the one, they have to choose the BEST. The only way to remain convinced that your choice is the best is to try to tear down all other options.
    I can only afford one at a time but I will purchase the one that in my opinion has more exclusives that suit my taste.

Deleted
    It's not as if there's going to be much discussion in them that isn't just regurgitated sound bites from E3, is there? Between that and ''I'm looking forward to XXX because YYY" I wouldn't have thought there wasn't much to make a thread about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    It's not as if there's going to be much discussion in them that isn't just regurgitated sound bites from E3, is there? Between that and ''I'm looking forward to XXX because YYY" I wouldn't have thought there wasn't much to make a thread about yet.
    Thats the problem, People have taken what very little we know from e3 and built a empire of hate upon that, not waiting for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Thats the problem, People have taken what very little we know from e3 and built a empire of hate upon that, not waiting for more information.
    Vs others who absolutely detest what they've read, but instead of listening they dismiss it - hoping that it's all a bad dream and they wake up come November. :P

So if you don't like what MS has done you're a PS fanboy. Is that about right? I'm the same as you, I like video games and will play on most systems regardless. I currently have a PS3, Wii and Xbox 360. I'll be getting a PS4, maybe a Wii U but almost certainly not a Xbox one because they've made terrible business decisions that have completely turned me off from their product. It doesn't have anything to do with being a fanboy.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    What more do we need to know. What they revealed was more than enough to know for most people that they didn't want any part of it.

EDIT: And sorry if you consider this "console bashing" but I don't know how you expect anything else with a thread title like that.

Well people do have the right to get upset over business decisions that might/will affect them. With their disappointment, they will express it publicly (via the internet) with either blatant hate or some witty comedy. This doesn't just include consoles either, nor just products (i.e. the government).

If anything I actually appreciate the bashes made against Microsoft as it helped make the XBone better.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I can only afford one at a time but I will purchase the one that in my opinion has more exclusives that suit my taste.
    The problem is people don't want to realize it's a matter of taste, people want some kind of war so they have something to win because... well, people are assholes I guess.

This whole console war and hate thing is why I don't visit the Video Game forum often anymore though, it's just ridiculous, I had more mature bullies in kindergarten than what's happening around here most of the time.

Deleted
    If you have a PC, why do you even have consoles? I thought consoles are cheap and somewhat inferior alternatives to those who only want to play games and dont want to dish out the money for a PC. It has nothing to do with being a fan of anything, its simply a fact.. and if your PC isn't that good you can just buy new components for it till it is. You cant really do that with consoles..

Deleted
    People usually buy only one console, so obviously the one they've chosen and own is their favourite.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    If you have a PC, why do you even have consoles? I thought consoles are cheap and somewhat inferior alternatives to those who only want to play games and dont want to dish out the money for a PC. It has nothing to do with being a fan of anything, its simply a fact.. and if your PC isn't that good you can just buy new components for it till it is. You cant really do that with consoles..
    Back in a day it was a way different situation. You could either buy a console for $400 or a high end PC for $2k that would be still inferior to consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are allowed to post their opinions in any thread. OP, that doesn't make them a fanboy.

It's interesting how some people think this concept should be turned on its head as soon as you enter the video games forum. People don't get silenced just because they are pro-republican or democrat in the off-topic forum either.

Funny enough, the consoles entered a grey area where opinions were rather political with drm, ect. The mods have done a fine job keeping it boiled down to the respectable threads. Personal attacks and calling someone a fanboy will be moderated though. Threads dedicated to each console was going to exist after E3 either way you liked it, and the poll was insightful view of choice.

If you have something to say about xbox, go to the xbox thread. If you have something to say about ps4, go to the ps4 thread. People don't need to be silenced just because you don't like their opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Putting on Flame Retardant suit> I've preordered a Xbox One.. My reasoning is simple... My wife and I use A LOT of media currently through our Xbox 360 and we have a stand alone Blu-ray player. We were truly excited about all media aspects of the Xbox One. Being able to watch DVDs and Blu-rays and daisychain our satellite receiver through HDMI. That line being blurred between media and gaming appealed to us greatly.

the DRM stuff didn't phase me at all. I am the type that doesn't like to loan out or resell my games. I'm a huge fan of Steam and just saw what MS was doing was like Steam.

I have really nothing huge against Sony, but I am still sore about the removing of the "Other OS" feature because I used it a lot on my old PS3. I might get a PS4 in the future if any exclusives strike my fancy. So far none do.

InB4: yes i will be gaming on it too. So no just a Roku will not be enough. I do like the fact that now my gaming system, media streamer, Satellite box, and Blu-ray player will basically be using ONE HDMI port on my surround sound receiver instead of 3.
    Last edited by Bristae; 2013-07-01 at 04:13 PM.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    So I can play Zelda on my pc? what about pokemon? what about forza? god of war? PC gaming might be my personal favorite format, that being said a lot of the games I like to play are simply not available at all on pc.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh please, grow a spine and stop complaining. Everyone entitled to their own opinion, if you are fed up with that, stop reading forums.

People are allowed to have their own opinions, whether you agree with them or not. Just because a thread contains many negative opinions that you don't share doesn't mean that thread should be closed. If you can't handle reading a thread, don't read it; if said thread is full of civil and constructive discussion, there's no reason to close it.