Thalen Songweaver

Where is this guy in 5.4, any sign of him?

This guy is the 9/11 equivalent of the plane hijacker.

May he show up as a boss in a scenario? He doesn't sound like a very powerful guy in the book (like that Malkorok fellow) to be an actual raid boss, but since 5-mans are dead he has to show up somewhere right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are the replacement of dungeons this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

he's a spellcaster from the sunreavers as well as a sleeper agent of garrosh, really his entire purpose was causing as much havoc as possible before being revealed and then getting out, in terms of strength he's definately PHYSICALLY weak but magically he was in charge of keeping one of the gates reinforced and considering he weakened it and lasted as long as he did in front of three of the most powerful casters in the game ( rhonin leader of dalaran, jaina, kalecgos the blue dragon that led the blue dragonflight after malygos) I'd say it's hard to gauge exactly how powerful he is in that field.

but yeah pretty sure that he was just someone to distract alliance during the fall of theramore and then was promptly replaced with a different sleeper agent when 5.1 and 5.2 brought the sunreavers up again.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

10+ Year Old Account
    He might just be a mini boss in the raid. I could see him and a few other stooges hijack some constructs and try to kill you at a certain point.

Really hope here is like a small cut-scene where Jaina gets her hands on him......

I would leave him out of danger, he did give me a nice vanity item.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    he's a spellcaster from the sunreavers as well as a sleeper agent of garrosh, really his entire purpose was causing as much havoc as possible before being revealed and then getting out, in terms of strength he's definately PHYSICALLY weak but magically he was in charge of keeping one of the gates reinforced and considering he weakened it and lasted as long as he did in front of three of the most powerful casters in the game ( rhonin leader of dalaran, jaina, kalecgos the blue dragon that led the blue dragonflight after malygos) I'd say it's hard to gauge exactly how powerful he is in that field.
    He had the element of surprise, the only element Chuck Norris believes in, on his side. Being a Sunreaver Belf I believe he's above average with his mastery of magic but nowhere near faction leader levels of overpowered.

I think it would be lame if he happened to be just a named guy out of the Sunreavers that teamed up with Garrosh. IMO it would be also weak if he was just some filler boss in SoO... I'm thinking he should be at least a Scenario boss, maybe sneaking up to this guy and finally catching him.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    He had the element of surprise, the only element Chuck Norris believes in, on his side. Being a Sunreaver Belf I believe he's above average with his mastery of magic but nowhere near faction leader levels of overpowered.
    Thalen certainly isn't weak he stood up to Jaina, while she hurled everything she had at him and the guy just stumbled a few steps back. I am really surprised he doesn't seem to be in Og.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-07-08 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thalen is the bloodelves version of Magatha. So, he's a character who did something bad, and got away with it, and now is in hiding, and who blizzard has decided to not do anything else with.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thalen is the bloodelves version of Magatha. So, he's a character who did something bad, and got away with it, and now is in hiding, and who blizzard has decided to not do anything else with.
    Dear Alliance, I know a crazy racist mage hating highbourne / blood elf despising former warden who could find this guy. Just saying lets unleash the Maiev.

And I know shes like batsh*t crazy now but cumon the joker was crazy and thats why we love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    except he doesn't disappear immediately after getting an elemental magic enhancing artifact (cheerfully named the doomstone, maybe it's ok and just makes flowers and bunnies) and giving a cryptic "we're not through with this".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Dear Alliance, I know a crazy racist mage hating highbourne / blood elf despising former warden who could find this guy. Just saying lets unleash the Maiev.

And I know shes like batsh*t crazy now but cumon the joker was crazy and thats why we love him.
    isn't she in an enraged state of mind where she also absolutely hates the nightelves for letting the shen'dralar highbourne back in? I can see it now "hey maiev can you hunt down this mage for u-" *GLAIVE TO THE FACE*
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

isn't she in an enraged state of mind where she also absolutely hates the nightelves for letting the shen'dralar highbourne back in? I can see it now "hey maiev can you hunt down this mage for u-" *GLAIVE TO THE FACE*
    Would not be like that, Drop a sack of gold and some false information that Thalen wishes to create connections between night-elfs and blood-elfs and sit back then watch her go on the hunt.

except he doesn't disappear immediately after getting an elemental magic enhancing artifact (cheerfully named the doomstone, maybe it's ok and just makes flowers and bunnies) and giving a cryptic "we're not through with this".

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like Maiev fled Darnassus after failing to kill Malfurion. Not to mention she thinks the Nelfs should be seperated from the Alliance and all highbornes to be DEAD.
    So I sincerely doubt she will help us track down that mage for us as well. Unless we promise her she can kill Malfurion ;3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Scenarios are the replacement of dungeons this expansion.
    Weird replacement if you ask me, since scenarios don't drop loot.

But heroic Scenarios do drop loot