Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aside from adding unacceptable amounts of RNG and one-shot mechanics (or maybe absurd enrage timers), I don't think WoW can get any harder. Remember, the game isn't actually any easier or harder than it has ever been -- it's just that everyone is used to the mechanics now, and we have addons that make them even easier to deal with.

Vanilla WoW was only difficult because the game was still new and proper addons were still being dreamed up. Well, that and balance issues. The game can certainly become easier, but there is a difficulty ceiling that cannot be overcome without pissing off the majority of raiders.

TLDR: I wouldn't make it any harder. I'd try to figure out new and interesting mechanics, but even those would be assimilated within a short period of time. Just try to keep the game fun and keep the difficulty where it's at.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    so if you don't have time to do hard modes but still think normals and other stuff is to easy, what do you say to those people?, You can say a game is to easy withouth beating the hard mode.

Please stop being so arrogant, the game is easy, even hard modes.
    the logic here...there is none, no time to do hardmodes but think normals and other stuff is easy, so are you saying these people are clearing normals or just thinking clearing normal is too easy?

either way without doing something u cannot say it's easy that's just opinion which is quite meaningless because it has no value, do you ask the person who has seen a film how good it is, or do you ask the person who has seen the trailer? which gives you the most informed opinion?

so if you don't have time to do hard modes but still think normals and other stuff is to easy, what do you say to those people?, You can say a game is to easy withouth beating the hard mode.

If you don't have time to do hard modes, you wouldn't have time to do harder normal modes, would you?

The challenge is there, if you don't want or are unable to take it, it's your own fault.

And I'll believe that "even hard modes are easy" when you show proof that you have actually faced them. Because, yes, you can't complain about something you haven't seen. Or be taken seriously when doing so.

Actually, from my perspective, you're the one being rude and arrogant.

The guy you quoted is right but you are too.

You don't have the time for hard modes, but heroics are actually difficult.

The difficulty is there but you're unable to take it.

By the way, and now I'm going to sound rude, but if you're going to criticize the game's difficulty especially when it involves heroics you have done, experience Heroic Dark Animus and then come talk to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    ban all addons and remove macros

/thread
    this, totally this. can you imagine having to play without damage meters, threat meters, UI addons, healer grids, or any kind of boss mod - it'd be carnage and would quickly sort the men from the boys.

raids have been designed around having these mods ingame, which is what made a lot of encounters so overly complicated as you progressed through expansions, as you absolutely needed tracking addons for some fights as well as dispel trackers and all the wonderful other stuff they added.

if everybody had to work from the basic UI and the ingame alerts, the world (of warcraft) would change overnight.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    this, totally this. can you imagine having to play without damage meters, threat meters, UI addons, healer grids, or any kind of boss mod - it'd be carnage and would quickly sort the men from the boys.

raids have been designed around having these mods ingame, which is what made a lot of encounters so overly complicated as you progressed through expansions, as you absolutely needed tracking addons for some fights as well as dispel trackers and all the wonderful other stuff they added.

if everybody had to work from the basic UI and the ingame alerts, the world (of warcraft) would change overnight.
    I used to play without DBM, recount, etc because of my former shitty computer.

Even with DBM, recount, etc i saw no difference after raiding without it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    ban all addons and remove macros

/thread
    They'd have to make the standard UI modern then. Not a 9 year old piece of sh*t.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post

And it would be shit because the standard UI is shit. Especially the way the amount of damage done is shown on the screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or that same tired argument about content aimed at people who are not you is getting to be rather a "snorefest" because you cannot come up with a new and original discussion.

The "difficult" content of heroic raiding, brawlers guild, challenge modes, are only being cleared while current by a small portion of the player base.
    What good does it do spreading out and wasting even more resources on content that an ever smaller portion of the player base would be able to participate in properly.

None at all.
    Are you being dense or just pretending to be dense on purpose?

I said spread out the gameplay challenges as in make them progressive, not make leveling as hard as heroic raiding.

Discussion doesn't have to be new and original to have merit, maybe focus on new and original counter arguments.

To provide some examples.
    - Make lower brackets of play relevant to upper brackets.
    Explanation:
    Don't make all the open world creatures hard but intersperse some harder ones across all levels
    (think pandaria rares, they have 1 mechanic that can one-shot you)
    Make skills you pickup at solo play relevant to small group play.
    Make skills you pickup at small group play relevant to large group play.
    That means make it so dps run a risk of dying if they tank, across all levels.

In other words don't make all content before raiding irrelevant so players need only to rush to 90,
    then "visit website of the hour" to learn how to play where it matters.

- Separate pvp and pve abilities more but at the same time bring the gameplay elements closer.
    Offer challenges in the open world, solo activities, leveling small group play (again not all the time but provide "pockets" of more challenging content across all levels)
    that promote using CC, Kiting, Focusing and target priorities so that stuff comes easier at higher levels of play.

I could go on for ever, but the bottomline is to the question "How would you make WoW harder?" my answer is:
    I'd make difficulty go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 across all the game content instead of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-8-9-10.
    Capish?

Return to TBC model, raids being harder, heroics being actual heroics and no lfr to begin with. I'd leave LFD though.

My only wish for the game is no LFR or LFG and a return to BC style heroic 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Return to TBC model, raids being harder, heroics being actual heroics and no lfr to begin with. I'd leave LFD though.
    Only thing being harder in raids in TBC was getting perfect gear and actually perfect raid setup. People keep jumping on TBC was hard bandwagon, while no, except for heroic dungeons and insanely annoying consumables , it wasn't any harder then MoP is, raids are far more complex and difficult then they ever used to be. (TBC is my favorite expansion, but let's keep it real.)

I'm all for engaging heroic 5 mans, but I think LFG is a godsend for low pop servers and that removing it would be a very bad decision on Blizzard's part.

I define difficulty as exactly what Lei Shen Heroic is. God damn difficult. Brawler's Guild is great fun too, though it's HORRENDOUSLY skewed towards ranged DPS on the vast majority of fights.

Hopefully Proving Grounds is awesome.

Many of the encounters in SoO are looking very intense, too. Was testing Paragons yesterday and I can tell you, that fight is going to be a fucking shitshow on Heroic, and it's going to be awesome. Hopefully.

Do challenge modes not sate people's want of hard dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like games with multiple difficulty levels. LFR, Normal and Heroic modes are doing the job just fine.

I would give more carrots to heroic raiding. Mounts, titles and even heroic only gear like trinkets and weapons. I would also make legendaries heroic only gear.

Anyone with a brain knows that the game has never had such a high ceiling. If a scrub thinks LFR is too easy he goes to complain on forums instead of applying to decent raiding guilds. I do think however that there are too few carrots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make LFR 10 man and not 25 man, so everyone actions count a little bit more (no more sitting there, or just auto attacking)...

I would make dungeons harder (Like how they were in early cataclysm)

I would remove most of the dailys quests, i will only leave a few, and most of the Daily quests places will be like Firelands (Everytime you do X or Y thing you will see how the place change)

I would add the GW2 thing that when you're at a place your lvl and stats will go down to the lvl of the zone... (That will make it more cooler to do world PVP)

I would add the Hardmode mechanicsm that ulduar had to all the new raids

NOTE: I think that Raids are doing great right now, but i kind of enjoyed the hardmode that the ulduar boss had (BIG RED BOTTOM FTW!)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-07-02 at 04:59 PM.

Add a mimiron fire button to every single encounter. Imagine ra-den with fire everywhere. Don't even balance it. Just add it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm..was it a Final Fantasy game where you basically needed a group to quest and couldn't solo anything? Was it GW 1 where mobs weren't leashed and if you pulled too many / hard mobs, you just died no matter where you ran.

I don't think it is difficult to make the game balls hard. But is it fun if only people can level in this game who now raid? Why does levelling need to be hard. And endgame raiding IS hard.
    It was Final Fantasy that needed a group to do anything which was such a hassle most of the time. The other big hassle was every death had a 4k+ penalty, so after a few wipes you were almost to the point of leveling down. Mobs in FF also werent leashed, so you sometimes would see people running the whole zone with a mob train, which in turn would cause a huge mob train back to where they were aggroed.