Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm starting a new conspiracy theory about blizzard not allowing flying while leveling in pandaria so they could sell these items in the cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That's kinda sad if they go for it. Then they are only 1 step from just selling heroic gear.
    What the hell does an exp buff have to do with giving away heroic gear? How are they even remotely related?

Do you even think before you type? Or do you just pound out whatever stupid, kneejerk reaction comes to mind?

In case it slipped your memory there are already things in game which provide exp increases... this is more of the same. The only difference is 'in game store' whatever that ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

When it comes to expectations for raiding guilds, they expect players to speed level there characters to max level ASAP. They need them at max level and fully geared for there raid setup, and don't want to waste time with them leveling, so players are pressured into doing this.

Guild leaders will expect players to buy this if its for real money, to power level though asap.

And if this is the case, the devs know this, and make use of it. So, its not a simple case of 'don't buy it if you don't like it', its a case of guild masters saying 'you will buy this and power lv or else!'.
    The thing is, many of the guilds (I'd actually argue almost ALL of them) that would require you to buy this item, assuming it IS a cash shop item, also sell things such as mounts and titles for real money, and will pay for their core members' elixirs with that money.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

People don't seem to understand.

When it comes to expectations for raiding guilds, they expect players to speed level there characters to max level ASAP. They need them at max level and fully geared for there raid setup, and don't want to waste time with them leveling, so players are pressured into doing this.

Guild leaders will expect players to buy this if its for real money, to power level though asap.

And if this is the case, the devs know this, and make use of it. So, its not a simple case of 'don't buy it if you don't like it', its a case of guild masters saying 'you will buy this and power lv or else!'.

Tell me again why its not ethical?
    It is completely ethical since the situation you just presented is probably only enforced by the super tryhard guilds that race for realm firsts at the beginning of an expansion.

Meanwhile the millions of other players have zero fucks to give.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    For certain values of "improving", sure. I'd argue that they watered it down significantly and further cemented the very real issue that nothing you do at lower levels matters. Nothing carries over to "the real game" at max level. The levelling process is insignificant and unimportant because that's what Blizzard has designed it to be. Instead of making it better - or even optional - they choose to charge players for the privilege to pass it quicker. And people defend this.
    They made it faster because that's what people were asking for. I do think they overdid it, but the ability to stop experience gains helps nullify that to a degree. And the ability to make it even faster is good for the people who don't like leveling.

As far as the quests themselves go, I leveled several servers worth of characters across BC and Wrath, and I think the Cataclysm revamp was a massive improvement. I would never want to go back to what the questing experience was like before. Others like you may disagree, but that's the way subjective things are. No matter what Blizzard did to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, people would've hated it.

If it's actually a store item I'd be a bit disappointed, but I wouldn't be too bothered.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    But hey, cash shops are okay cause they're just selling cosmetic items with no in-game benefits, amirite?
    No they aren't. I'm cool with paying a monthly fee for a game, as long as everyone else has to pay it and said fee grants equal access to everything, cosmetic or not, since i'd much rather earn my stuff through skill than throwing money at it. Only exception is things like pets since the crowd they cater to is the most likely to want to throw money at them and less likely to put effort into the game anyway.

Deleted

That's a community problem, not Blizzard's problem. If people want to be assholes about forcing others to buy it, that's on them.

f2p wow = dead wow to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    That's a community problem, not Blizzard's problem. If people want to be assholes about forcing others to buy it, that's on them.
    But if they go that way, its not a case of 'thats the communities problem', its a case of developers squeezing blood from a stone.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW could be going B2P come next Expansion, or the subs cost is dropped to $7.50 or $10.00.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-07-03 at 10:06 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Cash Shop or not, seems unlikely that it will work past 90, at least for a while so i don't think we have much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What the hell does an exp buff have to do with giving away heroic gear? How are they even remotely related?
    The exact same thing that purchasable mounts did years ago when people said it was only a slippery slope towards buying gear.

Not a god damn thing.

And the slope can't be that slippery if it's taking this fucking long either.

Deleted
    Granted its 89 levels in total and if you have so many alts I welcome this change...

If how ever you can use it from 90+ then yeah, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    How exactly would YOU improve the leveling process? slogging through 1-level cap is only going to get longer and more boring as future Xpacs are released. I personally think its really about time they added something to speed it up.

It's amazing to me how people can see slippery slopes everywhere and still function. It must be a very scary world for you.
    Honestly? I'd remove it. It serves no purpose in the WoW of today. All those quests might as well be max level, because the levelling process as it exists in WoW is pointless. It doesn't teach you how to play your class and it gives you no meaningful benefit to your max level experience. Progression is WoW exists through increased item level - as stated by Ghostcrawler - so why have one meaningless progress before you can start on the "real" progression?

Anyway, it's not a very scary world for me at all. It's a pretty cynical world though, having seen how corporations take advantage of customers and then get the consumers to be thankful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Well, the new ptr build added the following:
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146939-e...ixir-of-wisdom

discuss
    Maybe they'll smarten up and start selling Xmog gear.

An item shop would make sense now. After all, they are going to be losing revenue with virtual realms.

Deleted
    But if they go that way, its not a case of 'thats the communities problem', its a case of developers squeezing blood from a stone.
    I suppose you can look at it that way, the thing is, I don't think it's that great an evil, the problems presented would essentially be created by people with no self control, if guilds absolutely have to buy this thing, no one is forcing them, if they buy it, it's a service they wanted, and paid for, don't think it's such a bad thing tbh.

Anyway, I doubt this will really become a thing, and if it does, well, it's not so bad really. The vast majority of players would not suffer because of it.

10+ Year Old Account

That might be a valid point if you were making it when Mists was released.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work for brand new content for the same reason why we don't get flying right away and why they usually wait a few months to nerf the XP required to level in this range. There's precedence to suspect it might only be useable for prior content, which makes this argument null.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |