Legendary Cloak Concerns!

So well before the information about the legendary cloaks and the special effects they will have was data mined I picked the Spirit, Haste, Mastery Cloak for my Priest. Now from what it appears from the data mined information that cloak could directly turn into the cloak with the healing effects...which I do not want.

So is there a way on live or on the PTR to swap the epic cloak for a different one or will Blizzard have it set up so when you get to the next step of the quest to get the legendary version that you can choose the one with the equip effect that you actually want?

10+ Year Old Account
    They will probably add a version for hybrids with spirit stat and DPS proc.

But seriously, there's such an abundance of hit rating at the moment that I'm confused as to why you chose spirit.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

You can always choose a different cloak after you completed the quests, costs 10k minus the usual discounts at the Black Prince vendor. However you can always only have one cloak at a time, so you might want to wait until it's clear how this issue will be handled.

I play 50/50% Disc and Shadow these days depending on the needs of the raid and even with the cloak my hit rating is at 15.07 (was 14.99 before an upgrade).

You can buy a 'replacement' for 10k or so

Thanks The Kao. I guess I should have checked the vendors before going into panic mode over this but I figured if such a feature was there someone would enlighten me.

And I will heed that advice to wait it out until 5.4 goes live and everything is final before making any switches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned over whether the legendary version will stay upgraded... and I highly doubt it, since it's just a trade in and not a real upgrade to orange.
    Upgraded legendaries would be even better
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I'm more concerned over whether the legendary version will stay upgraded... and I highly doubt it, since it's just a trade in and not a real upgrade to orange.
    Upgraded legendaries would be even better
    Not possible if the cloak has a different item id, who cares about 8 lvls or 500 vp anyway.

As already said, you can buy another cloak for 10k-discount.

But when you look closely, you will find that the legendary cloaks are not unique like their epic counterparts: Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon.

So this could mean there was a datamining bug, it was forgotten by Blizzard, or that we can have at least one epic cloak additional to the legendary cloak (when the augmentation is a one-time quest), or that we can have several legendary cloaks when you can repeat the augmentation.

The latter two possibilities fit Ghostcrawlers announcement: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29202236579840

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    As already said, you can buy another cloak for 10k-discount.

But when you look closely, you will find that the legendary cloaks are not unique like their epic counterparts: Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon.

So this could mean there was a datamining bug, it was forgotten by Blizzard, or that we can have at least one epic cloak additional to the legendary cloak (when the augmentation is a one-time quest), or that we can have several legendary cloaks when you can repeat the augmentation.

The latter two possibilities fit Ghostcrawlers announcement: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29202236579840
    It looks real sweet..

But it's "only" iLevel 600, and not upgradable, which means you loose roughly 0,5 iLevel (assuming everyone have already upgraded the epic cloak to 608) when you get the legendary..

Odd....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    You will just have to switch to an epic clock for healing. It's not a big deal.
    Aye mate