Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yeah they kind of are. There's shadowfury, but reticles aren't the most convenient thing sometimes.

The only decent tank pet for locks doesn't do interrupts. You will have to tank the mob if you want your pet to be alive to interrupt.

Knockbacks don't reset ability cooldowns so don't even bother with carrion swarm because the mob will just start casting it again.

So yup you get stuck with shadowfury. It's not what I would like and 30 sec is a little longer than desirable but I'm okay with it.

- - - Updated - - -

What is bizarre is putting things out in the world that can't (reasonably) be killed without an interrupt, and linking achievements to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't put a 20s interrupt doodad that doesn't need to be equipped as loot on one of the Pandaria rares.
    Carrion swarm has an interrupt baked into it as well as the (unglyphed) knockback.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is bizarre is putting things out in the world that can't (reasonably) be killed without an interrupt, and linking achievements to them.
    Yeah, as a Destruction warlock, I had a go at the pandaren rare just prior to entering the Valley of Four Winds... And couldn't kill it. You need an interrupt for the heal, and Shadowfury doesn't work.

Honestly, I feel that only melee should have interrupts because ranged classes have other things going for them; but I do accept the problem above. I'd rather it was solved via not needing an interrupt to do something, but appreciate that giving every class one might just be the simplest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I'd rather it was solved via not needing an interrupt to do something, but appreciate that giving every class one might just be the simplest way.
    Every DPS and tank has some sort of interrupt. Non-MM hunters in 5.4 are going to be down to only have an interrupt if they take a certain pet (long CD) or possibly a glyph, but they'll still have one.

The debate is really "do healers need interrupts?"
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-07-05 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah they kind of are. There's shadowfury, but reticles aren't the most convenient thing sometimes.

The only decent tank pet for locks doesn't do interrupts. You will have to tank the mob if you want your pet to be alive to interrupt.

Knockbacks don't reset ability cooldowns so don't even bother with carrion swarm because the mob will just start casting it again.

So yup you get stuck with shadowfury. It's not what I would like and 30 sec is a little longer than desirable but I'm okay with it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't put a 20s interrupt doodad that doesn't need to be equipped as loot on one of the Pandaria rares.
    You could like, glyph Carrion Swarm.
    Im not sure what the problem is, a AoE interupt on a 12 sec CD is godlike.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a better solution would be to put in some kind of mechanic that allows you to interrupt it, in the area of the NPC that requires you to interrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I think a better solution would be to put in some kind of mechanic that allows you to interrupt it, in the area of the NPC that requires you to interrupt.
    I like that idea, but it's Mimiron's "big red button" all over again when you think about it.

As in, if every rare that needed an interrupt had a free one lying about (I know, I know), it would start to feel very formulaic. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, merely that the criticism to it is probably obvious.

The thing is, it's gotten silly. I play a warrior and have Pummel, Staggering Shout, Gag Order (if I choose to take it) and Shockwave/Dragon Roar. That's not including Charge interrupts (which I have two of, assuming Double-Time) or Intimidating Shout that can be used in a pinch. That's effectively seven available "interrupts" if I want them, not to mention Spell Reflect which is often better. It's understood that not all of them work all the time, and I'm talking of imaginative use, but it's just ridiculous that one class, regardless of spec, should have so many.

For me, that's why I'd just go with Pummel/Rebuke/Wind Shear/Mind Freeze/Kick/Skull Bash for melee, give them all an 8 second cooldown at baseline, take all of the remaining interrupts out of the game, and balance the content accordingly.

Unfortunately, the forum crying that accompanies any class "losing" something means this is unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    MoP outdoor rare mobs all require interrupts. As a discipline priest I'm severely gimped when trying to solo those mobs. Some can't be soloed at all, some require me to outdps their heals or outheal their interruptable nuke, while all other classes simply interrupt them.

That's not fair. If killing mobs requires interrupts, give interrupts to all classes.
    Healing classes don't really need an interupt since you are not supposed to solo on them. Dualspecc is there for a reason.

Also you can kill almost every MoP rare mob w/o any interupt.

Deleted
    You're suggesting a very long work around just to avoid going shadow. Have you even considered how OP priests with ''wind shear'' would be in other aspects of the game? I doubt it. AS LONG IT FIXES MY ISSUE I NO CARE right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    For PvE, at least 5man and raiding, it's not really necessary. Tanks can do it.

For PvP, whee homogenisation. Not every class needs access to every tool.
    In what way does it benefit anyone in PvE for disc and holy priests NOT to have an interrupt?

Because it sure does gimp disc and holy priests who are out in the world trying to kill rares that they don't have one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Carrion swarm has an interrupt baked into it as well as the (unglyphed) knockback.
    As far as I recall it doesn't restart the ability cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it sure does gimp disc and holy priests who are out in the world trying to kill rares that they don't have one.
    This was discussed at the last BlizzCon, and you're not going to like the response:

You're not meant to be questing in a healing spec.

I'm sorry, but you're not. If you're going to argue that healers should have tools for solo play/questing, it's an argument that just isn't going to go anywhere. If your class has the tools, individual specs don't need them.

As I hinted earlier, some classes are simply too versatile in this regard and some are lacking; but arguing that healing specs can't kill anything just isn't compelling. Blizzard have given your class the tools, it's up to you if you choose not to use them.

(And, yes, I know about Wind Shear and Rebuke for Restoration/Holy).

15+ Year Old Account
    I like that idea, but it's Mimiron's "big red button" all over again when you think about it.

As in, if every rare that needed an interrupt had a free one lying about (I know, I know), it would start to feel very formulaic. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, merely that the criticism to it is probably obvious.
    Not if you think out of the box. It doesn't have to be the same thing on every single NPC. Blizzard has proven that they can use plenty of interesting mechanics to make something work, and this should be no different. If we are gonna look at it as just the red button, would not the interrupt itself, aswell as the need to interrupt, go as "Same shit over again" too?
    Last edited by Duridi; 2013-07-05 at 09:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally unnecessary in PvE.

All tanks have access to an interrupt. So do all melee.

Even if for some reason you have zero melee in your raid comp, I don't think there's a single instance in the current iteration of raiding where you need more than two people interrupting. Namely, your two tanks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Or the players in your group just learn how to use a simple spell at the right time...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    You're suggesting a very long work around just to avoid going shadow. Have you even considered how OP priests with ''wind shear'' would be in other aspects of the game? I doubt it. AS LONG IT FIXES MY ISSUE I NO CARE right?
    The problem with going shadow, aside from my basic dislike of the new version of the spec, is that if you use healing gear you will get very nearly the same DPS in shadow as from playing atonement or chastise. So you need about a half dozen pieces of shadow gear that are as good as your healing gear, but without hit or spirit on them, in order to get decent DPS. That's 6 pieces of shit to collect and then carry around for nothing other than special occasions. And then you have to do the fight the shadow way.

It seems like an interrupt would be a simpler solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Totally unnecessary in PvE.

All tanks have access to an interrupt. So do all melee.

Even if for some reason you have zero melee in your raid comp, I don't think there's a single instance in the current iteration of raiding where you need more than two people interrupting. Namely, your two tanks.
    Are you aware that "E" encompasses "E" other than "raid"?

- - - Updated - - -

This was discussed at the last BlizzCon, and you're not going to like the response:

You're not meant to be questing in a healing spec.

I'm sorry, but you're not. If you're going to argue that healers should have tools for solo play/questing, it's an argument that just isn't going to go anywhere. If your class has the tools, individual specs don't need them.

As I hinted earlier, some classes are simply too versatile in this regard and some are lacking; but arguing that healing specs can't kill anything just isn't compelling. Blizzard have given your class the tools, it's up to you if you choose not to use them.

(And, yes, I know about Wind Shear and Rebuke for Restoration/Holy).
    Pretty much the only healing spec that can't quest is resto druid. All the others are fine. In many ways they are easier to quest with than many tank and DPS specs.

Resto druids are double-fucked because boomkin is also a crappy questing spec, in Pandaria anyway. You need half-decent feral gear and space in your bags for it if you want to kill mobs at the same speed as everyone else. (Well, if you are in heroic boomkin gear you can just vaporize everything, but I'm talking about mere mortals.)

Blizzcon was like a couple of expansions ago by the way.
    Last edited by Normie; 2013-07-05 at 09:26 AM.

In what way does it benefit anyone in PvE for disc and holy priests NOT to have an interrupt?

In what way does it benefit anyone in PvE for disc and holy priests NOT to have Bloodlust?

Assuming we're blocking this hypothetical holy and disc interrupt by making it only available in the open world, don't you think that would be an unreasonable design element? Blizzard still wants classes to operate mostly the same between PvE and PvP.

You've got three layers of player in the second clause, and there's a pretty big problem with that. "Holy and disc priests", then "priests", then "players". Just go Shadow and your problem is solved. Achievements are account-wide; you can even go over to a different class to complete the achievement, unless the rarespawn has a specific piece of soulbound loot that you need, which I'm very doubtful actually exists.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    As a Disc priest, I would love a PvE exclusive interrupt. Being able to cover for someone in a pinch would be fantastic as would actually being able to kill Pandaren rare mobs.

The problem with going shadow, aside from my basic dislike of the new version of the spec, is that if you use healing gear you will get very nearly the same DPS in shadow as from playing atonement or chastise. So you need about a half dozen pieces of shadow gear that are as good as your healing gear, but without hit or spirit on them, in order to get decent DPS. That's 6 pieces of shit to collect and then carry around for nothing other than special occasions. And then you have to do the fight the shadow way.

Yes, imagine having to collect gear to properly dps or heal... What is this for shitty game!

If you have LFR ToT healing gear you are very much capable to kill a rare mob in shadow spec. So you don't even need another set of gear.
    I was able to do it in blue/half epic gear months ago. I think your ilvl 500 geared disc priest can do it also...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    In what way does it benefit anyone in PvE for disc and holy priests NOT to have Bloodlust?
    See, the thing is, everyone does have bloodlust as of 5.4.

See, the thing is, everyone does have bloodlust as of 5.4.
    Implement some interrupting drums then. Problem solved.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

15+ Year Old Account

OK, so you're also talking about killing rares out in the world?

Just use that healing kit as shadow anyway. It's not like you need to min-max to kill rares. So you have 23% hit, who cares? They're not particularly tough encounters that you stumble across in the world. Most of them are designed to be killed by people in questing gear or in groups.

"Not liking playing as shadow" is NOT a valid reason to suddenly give another spec an interrupt that could be a total gamechanger in other modes of play.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)