Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by klieren View Post
    KeirAdish you gotta remember that as a tank you aint actually supposed to be top end of dps. you just have to make enough to be able to hold aggro 60-80k seems low (atleast if you raids tot)
    Wrong holding aggro has pretty much nothing to do with tanking nowadays (there are 2 things that can pull aggro off a tank Dragon's roar early on and another tank) - dps on the other hand is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by klieren View Post
    on pulls you might miss / get dodged which will cause you to loose aggro.
    also if you misses or gets dodges when Death Striking then you wont get the heal nor the shield from your Mastery.
    Not much of an issue
    Wrong DS always heals.

Agree 100% with this post.

I've been tanking (10m) in full dps gear with 2h frost dps reforges/gems/enchants/runeforge (ilevel 530). Haven't had any survivability issues so far (2/12 heroic) and haven't had healers screaming that I'm squishy. If it's a fight that doesn't have tank swaps because of debuffs (horridon, council, tortos, DA) my dps is equal to our dpsers. On fights with swaps because of debuffs my dps is only about 20-25% lower and this is only because of threat issues on the swap. If I could go all out on these fights, I'm confident my dps would be consistent with our regular dpsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    For 10 man I had no problems doing 2H frost stat weights from the beginning of progression with barely over 510 gear right up until I killed heroic Lei Shen almost two months ago. You'll get more damage out of crit at a certain point, but I still probably wouldn't gem it. For somebody who does both tank/DPS and doesn't want to change gems/reforges around a lot, hit/exp (soft) > haste > crit > mastery works pretty well. Strength in reds, haste/strength in yellows and stam/strength or hit/strength in your blue sockets.

If you're having problems with dying just swap mastery and crit in your reforges. Further problems move it up again. And if you're still having problems start regemming.

The tank meta gem is actually fairly good popular to contrary belief but it's hard to give up anywhere from 10-12% single target damage from not using the DPS meta gem.

Always use RoTFC. Sword shattering gives 4% parry not effected by DR, while RoTFC parry is effected by DR. Even still you're looking at a good 2.5-3% parry from RoTFC and as blood the proc is going to be up pretty much all the time. Parry gained by RoTFC is obviously going to fluctuate, but it obviously has good synergy if you're using DPS trinkets to tank (which you should). 15% more strength on a 3-4 stack primordius talisman, feather or spark of the zandalar is quite a bit.

I just can't seem to want sword shattering at all. It's not that much more parry over RoTFC and there are other minor to substantial benefits to using it over SS.

We aren't in that bad of shape, but for 10 man you should start with DPS in mind and transition to tanking if it becomes a problem. With better gear you'll find yourself working towards that direction anyways. When we were doing heroic consorts back when the DPS check was fairly serious we couldn't seem to squeak out much more damage from the DPS classes we had. I didn't tank this boss during progression but it died when we focused more on tank DPS and healers contributing what DPS they could. Tank DPS does matter a lot and our protection paladin at the time (who was behind because he rerolled) could have been doing nearly 20k more DPS if had been up to date on the legendary chain and had the DPS meta.

25 man is probably completely different, so I won't comment.