ARAM: Aatrox useless or not?

I feel like he's strong, he got a good gap closer but he is so damn squishy early that I am too afraid of even coming close to anyone in aram. Just had a 0/12/5 game with him because I wanted to risk a tad more. Just one itzy bitzy mistake and you are dead meat. Even his passive can only save your ass so often.

And under shutdown he's weak as fuck.

Do you guys rather play him full tanky from the get go, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I feel like he's strong, he got a good gap closer but he is so damn squishy early that I am too afraid of even coming close to anyone in aram. Just had a 0/12/5 game with him because I wanted to risk a tad more. Just one itzy bitzy mistake and you are dead meat. Even his passive can only save your ass so often.

And under shutdown he's weak as fuck.

Do you guys rather play him full tanky from the get go, or what?
    hes good if no onetargets you.. but most people aren't that dumb and since he can die in like 5 seconds they usually just kill him.

well i used to play him rather tanky in arams
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

He's not great in aram. Half decent poke that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The only way I see Aatrox doing well in ARAM is if his team is doing well and he has a dive buddy. It's hard to sustain with him when going near the creeps as melee only gets you a bunch of stuff thrown at you. His abilities cost health and his E isn't long enough range to be that great in a poke war. Also his passive is very annoying at times when you want to die, but dying would mean giving up your passive. Add in the healing reduction ARAM has built in and you got a lot of stuff not being that friendly to Aatrox.
    Sums it up pretty well, I guess. In addition to that you have to have good engages, which is almost impossible if you are not premade.

I can see him being played meatshield tanky with ASPD and vamp, damage comes from his W. Getting him while you solo ARAM sucks though as it seems
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-07-14 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's melee with pretty much zero tankiness and barely any CC. He's going to be shit in that game mode, no matter what team you give him.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He's melee with pretty much zero tankiness and barely any CC. He's going to be shit in that game mode, no matter what team you give him.
    I've had a few awesome games in the first week with him. I insta bought him because he just fucking looks like a boss from Final Fantasy. I rocked ARAM, until people realized he dies like a fly

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had awesome games with Riven and Fiora. Doesn't mean they're not miles below other picks you could get.

I had good experiences with aatrox so far personally. Played aram like most other melee champs built him tanky with some extra life steal. Found his Q to be a great initiator and with the passive you can really set up some kills easily. His E is ok for when you gotta regen/poke also I found.