Deleted

Doing Nothing (Frost) Vs. Doing Something (Unholy).

What is your take on these two specs? Frost 2H has better maintainability with damage where you constantly only mash 2 or 3 buttons in your Obliterate combo, whereas Unholy is mashing buttons and trying to pull off a combo, realizing that while your eyes have been frozen to your spellbar, you've been standing in a fire in a raid the whole time, making the raid leader yell in desperation at you.
    That is my take on it. Unholy makes you look silly in raids (anywhere outside PvP), whereas Frost carries its elegance.

Why is unholy such a boring spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is hit anything that sparkles on your bars. I like Unholy's playstyle a lot more. Youre making it seem harder that it is cuz in pve its is basically outbreak>fs>ss>fs>ss>DC dump>ss>ss>ss>ss>ss>ss with DC procs being equal to KM/rime then CDs in transforming you pet. I can see how playing frosts 2 button spam makes that seem hard but it really doesnt take much for either spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    if anything, frost is the boring one, spaming 2 buttons and falling asleep^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    if anything, frost is the boring one, spaming 2 buttons and falling asleep^^
    The difference is between driving 1 mile in your car to go pick up some pork meat at your local shop, and hunting deers in a 1k mile radius with one 1 deer known to wander in this radius.

Deleted
    DW Frost single target once per minute/less often used abilites (descending order):
    • AMS (45sec-1min usually)
    • PoF (1min)
    • Outbreak (1min)
    • Plague Strike (1min)
    • racial (2min for orcs, depends)
    • Ghoul (2min)
    • ERW (5min)
    • Army (10min)

Multiple times per minute:
    • Howling Blast (depends on rime)
    • Frost Strike (depends on KM)
    • Blood Tap (varies)
    • Soul Reaper (~8 times from 35/45% boss hp)
    • Obliterate (depends on UH runes and DnD being on/off CD)
    • Death and Decay (depends on UH runes being on/off CD)
    • Horn of Winter (1-2 times)
    • Plague Leech (~28sec)

70 actions per minute on average. Need to watch 2 ability-procs and game them perfect (i.e. immediately). "where you constantly only mash 2 or 3 buttons"

Of course some of this only applies to DW though.
    Last edited by mmoc7b9ac7750b; 2013-07-06 at 12:10 PM.

If you describe unholy as boring compared to frost especially 2h refering to obliterate, then you clearly don't understand the spec.

On high gear levels the difference is barely there in terms of button mashing, i'm button mashing unholy specced as i button mash when i'm frost specced.
    Additionally uh is not only spamming scourge strike but also bears complexity in managing dots (don't even has to be festerblight) and managing the ghoul and on another point you don't want to randomly extend your diseases but do it if you have no major trinket proccs like feather, high stacks of primordius talisman or a spark procc respectively.

Frost is very simple structured and the only deeper mechanic lies in managing your resources to get close to being gcd locked while getting the most km proccs on either obliterate or frost strike depending on weapon types.

Both specs are well played very fast and needing your attention for full output. It may be true that for 2h just hitting obliterate here and there seems to do somewhat good dmg if you do the same for unholy but then it's no miracle why some people feel frost weaker than it actually is (tweaks are needed though).

If you can't stay focussed on the encounter while playing unholy you just have far to less practice with the spec and thats not the specs fault andbeing overwhelmed by a spec is not the meaning of boring seriously. Also unholy, at least well played beats frost on any scenario besides AoE burst and so it also pays of to play unholy.
    (and yeah i play both frost and unholy, i like both specs and this is my experience from playing both steadily with lower gear back then and with high gear now)

Edit: I have to correct something: Don't feed Trolls
    (leaving the post here, just in case)
    Last edited by Raikh; 2013-07-06 at 01:08 PM.

Weird, I didn't realize frost was a 2-button spec! I guess I can remove all those other keybinds and still rank in the top 20 consistently, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Weird, I didn't realize frost was a 2-button spec! I guess I can remove all those other keybinds and still rank in the top 20 consistently, right?
    Is this your keybind?
    if DoStuff() = 1
    ChatPrint("TOP LEL I AM WINNING THIS DPS OUTPUT CONTEST");

Deleted
    is a matter of getting used to a spec, if u prefer to play frost go for it, if u want to play unholy but u feel that u dont preform to the level that u preform as frost then u can either go back to frost or keep pushing yourself with unholy untill u get used to it

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're more or less set on the "fact" that Unholy sucks compared to Frost. I'd say the majority disagrees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    So you're more or less set on the "fact" that Unholy sucks compared to Frost. I'd say the majority disagrees.
    You cannot get truth from popularity. Just imagine the truth that you should change your profile picture being true because we all believe such to be true on this forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOpeace View Post
    You cannot get truth from popularity. Just imagine the truth that you should change your profile picture being true because we all believe such to be true on this forum.
    My point was, you think Unholy is boring. I can't speak for the majority, but I have a hunch that most people find Frost more boring than Unholy. Looking at this thread gives my opinion some validation. Popularity of a spec is a poor indicator, as people play the spec that is best for current content. Last tier it was mostly Frost, this tier Unholy is mostly superior. Whether it's boring or not has nothing to do with it's popularity.

That being said, if you perform equally with frost and unholy yet you find unholy boring, stick to frost. But don't expect people to agree with you. I find Unholy a lot more engaging than frost, but that's just my opinion. Just don't try to argue subjetive opinions.

Can people stop saying Frost as in one spec and one playstyle?

DW frost is very much different than 2h frost. In pvp DW frost requiers more skills than 2h frost to play, if you don't get why please just ask.

Deleted
    While I miss the crazy burst 2H frost had, I have to say, it was mind-numbingly boring to play. DW is a little better, and unholy is much better - so I am rolling with that.

However, having most classes @90, I have to say that DK's in general have uninteresting rotations. The class needs an overhaul IMO.

I've played both specs, and I'm going to say that anyone who says frost is more boring to play then unholy must really enjoy that one extra ability to press rotationally far more then is healthy.

Seriously, neither spec is rotationally complex; get over it already.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by ManOpeace View Post
    What is your take on these two specs? Frost 2H has better maintainability with damage where you constantly only mash 2 or 3 buttons in your Obliterate combo, whereas Unholy is mashing buttons and trying to pull off a combo, realizing that while your eyes have been frozen to your spellbar, you've been standing in a fire in a raid the whole time, making the raid leader yell in desperation at you.
    That is my take on it. Unholy makes you look silly in raids (anywhere outside PvP), whereas Frost carries its elegance.

Why is unholy such a boring spec?
    Dumbest thread I've ever seen on this forum. GZ OP.

Seriously is there anything constructive to say here other than "no"?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-07 at 05:10 AM.

Bind certain abilities like you would frost, Death Coil = Frost Strike, Festering Strike = Obliterate, SS = Howling Blast. I think your problem is you're standing in the bad stuff because you aren't familiar with the keybinded "rotation".

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread wasn't particularly amazing to begin with and the quality of replies aren't helping.

Closing.