Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    so you are saying that you think you have skills because you blow readiness to doublé disengage? thats it? isnt better to have chimera shot doing way more damage and not needing to hit it back to back with pitiful damage?

removing readiness reduces your opener in half, is a huge help, after the opener as BM even with direbeast crows hunters keybinds are fine, unless you want more a frost dk playstyle.
    I don't play BM. As survival i literally have 3 buttons that do almost exactly the same amount of damage (Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot, Glaive Toss). If thats not bloat, i don't know what is.

Besides, yes i actually sometime blow Readiness on disengage, and chimera shot at the same time. Example, a DK is chasing me, everything i have is on CD, Chimera Shot on him, disengage, readiness disengage again out of grip range, chimera shot again then blow RF and blow him up. The fact that you don't even think about that kind of things just proves my point about the reduced skill cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Oh yes buff Hunter damage more, its not like that they are dominating PvP...
    This was in response to a PvE thread. If you're still angry that hunters aren't free HKs anymore, start a PvP thread about them. Right now, no matter how many times that one hunter a few weeks ago killed you, hunters are gear soakers in end-game progression. They aren't utility, they aren't damage. In PvE, they need a lot of help, and that's the aspect of the game that Lore was addressing.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few major concerns with hunters lately, and I'm very happy to see this blue post addressing almost all of them.

I'll honestly be happy to see Readiness go, but at the same time I know good Readiness usage is one of the biggest factors separating good hunters from bad hunters. Hopefully they'll be able to do something so the skill cap of Hunters don't go even lower than it is today (which is kinda low compared to many other classes).

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I've had a few major concerns with hunters lately, and I'm very happy to see this blue post addressing almost all of them.

I'll honestly be happy to see Readiness go, but at the same time I know good Readiness usage is one of the biggest factors separating good hunters from bad hunters. Hopefully they'll be able to do something so the skill cap of Hunters don't go even lower than it is today (which is kinda low compared to many other classes).
    I beg to differ, I'd consider hunters to have one of the HIGHEST skillcaps today! Think about it it, being able to real time manage shoot trap shots while hopefully moving and avoiding things in pve/pvp is pretty difficult, + managing a pet on top of good CD usage among many other things. I'd say hunters are pretty difficult.

I'll be honest in the fact that I remain skeptical in some sense; but this post is encouraging as it appears they have listened to 80%? of our concerns; Removing readiness would take take across the board buffs to compensate for damage; they addressed this. They realize post stampede nerfs it is >1% of our overall damage; but still a required button to optimize dps; so something needed to be done; either revamped to be more significant (which seems to be the direction they will go in) or removed altogether. I really don't see people not taking iron hawk regardless of the nerf to passive damage reduction and the 1% buff to spirit bond; if the goal (which they mentioned in a blue post) is to get people to not always pick iron hawk on every fight this seems a poor way to go about doing so. Counter shot is also a nice idea that I assume will make it to live; interrupt for all specs that was much needed to end the silencing/no silencing BS.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I beg to differ, I'd consider hunters to have one of the HIGHEST skillcaps today! Think about it it, being able to real time manage shoot trap shots while hopefully moving and avoiding things in pve/pvp is pretty difficult, + managing a pet on top of good CD usage among many other things. I'd say hunters are pretty difficult.
    Maybe for PVP you're right, I wouldn't know as I have no interest in that part of the game. When it comes to PVE, there isn't much challenging about playing a hunter outside of optimal Readiness usage (which honestly isn't all that hard either).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Totally unrelated, but why are you using "é's for "e"?

There's been some times where I've used readiness for something and incidentally was able to use double disengage. I don't think he was talking about just doing double disengage.
    idk if you notice that my english is really bad. im not from us or eu nor do i speak english. spellcheck is the one changing my words. offcourse it dosnt know that im writing in english so sometimes use spanish words and we use those accents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I don't play BM. As survival i literally have 3 buttons that do almost exactly the same amount of damage (Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot, Glaive Toss). If thats not bloat, i don't know what is.

Besides, yes i actually sometime blow Readiness on disengage, and chimera shot at the same time. Example, a DK is chasing me, everything i have is on CD, Chimera Shot on him, disengage, readiness disengage again out of grip range, chimera shot again then blow RF and blow him up. The fact that you don't even think about that kind of things just proves my point about the reduced skill cap.
    explosive shot dosnt do the same damage as arcane shot, neither glaive toss. idk why you even comparing them. in pvp sure thing they seem similar in pve they are not. you dont play BM even tho is around 10k ahead of survival in pve? and trust me, BM is harder to master than SV after the DS QOL changes.

marks is easier to play than BM, dealing with the pet in pvp is much harder than handling aimshot proc chimera readiness chimera silencing shot on a full trap. i have never done arenas to the point you had but by far i like to play more with MM or even SV than with BM, still i think BM requires more skill than SV and MM at high ratings even tho i havent ever reached said ratings. BM is just painfull to deal with in an arena.

still removing readiness is by far the best thing we can have atm. even now more than before that our survability is way less. this wont impact you at all since you are so skilled but it will help a lot in pve because now seems like we are going to get the compensation we need in order to compete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shotlol View Post
    I really don't see people not taking iron hawk regardless of the nerf to passive damage reduction and the 1% buff to spirit bond; if the goal (which they mentioned in a blue post) is to get people to not always pick iron hawk on every fight this seems a poor way to go about doing so.
    i think even at 5% ironhawk would be the best choice, while spirit bond still good the damage you can avoid will be superior that the damage you can heal back. 1 fight come to mind, tortos. not having a shield and still survive on quake stomp is the prime example on why ironhawk>spiritbond.

i still dont see why they dont buff the other choice, Exhilaration, is really weak and is the only activated ability, i used in a couple of fights in brawlers guild and sometimes in pvp but is really situational, in pve you will never pick this.

Glad they're taking the right approach to this. Hopefully the buffs bring us up to the other pures.

idk if you notice that my english is really bad. im not from us or eu nor do i speak english. spellcheck is the one changing my words. offcourse it dosnt know that im writing in english so sometimes use spanish words and we use those accents.

- - - Updated - - -

explosive shot dosnt do the same damage as arcane shot, neither glaive toss. idk why you even comparing them. in pvp sure thing they seem similar in pve they are not. you dont play BM even tho is around 10k ahead of survival in pve? and trust me, BM is harder to master than SV after the DS QOL changes.

marks is easier to play than BM, dealing with the pet in pvp is much harder than handling aimshot proc chimera readiness chimera silencing shot on a full trap. i have never done arenas to the point you had but by far i like to play more with MM or even SV than with BM, still i think BM requires more skill than SV and MM at high ratings even tho i havent ever reached said ratings. BM is just painfull to deal with in an arena.

still removing readiness is by far the best thing we can have atm. even now more than before that our survability is way less. this wont impact you at all since you are so skilled but it will help a lot in pve because now seems like we are going to get the compensation we need in order to compete.

- - - Updated - - -

i think even at 5% ironhawk would be the best choice, while spirit bond still good the damage you can avoid will be superior that the damage you can heal back. 1 fight come to mind, tortos. not having a shield and still survive on quake stomp is the prime example on why ironhawk>spiritbond.

i still dont see why they dont buff the other choice, Exhilaration, is really weak and is the only activated ability, i used in a couple of fights in brawlers guild and sometimes in pvp but is really situational, in pve you will never pick this.
    Yeah that's pretty much the basis for my argument when I responded to their blue post about trying to make the other two talents appealing by nerfing one slightly; buffing another very slightly; and doing nothing with the 3rd option. In a real raid setting the damage reduction will save your life probably in almost every situation that you will encounter where as the passive heal will probably never save your life.

Deleted
    Only thing I'm not really happy with is, "hunter performance and raid utility is fine, other classes are OP" part. I might be pessimistic, but as I see it, they won't change our (lacking) raid utility until next expansion.

Maybe someday we will be OP class. Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Maybe someday we will be OP class. Maybe...
    LOL

get real, the days of armor pen are long gone. mages will reign supreme until a redesign or major change

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I guess, he didn't mean arcane shot, because killshot/glaive/explosive does almost same damage with 531ilvl(simcraft).
    Killshot has no focus cost, which makes it better than explosive,
    Glaive can hit more than 1 target.

They shouldn't do same damage even on single target. killshot and glaive should do at least 1.3 explosive shot damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    Yeah, we're going to have mana and we'll have to carry ammo around.

But for serious, didn't we JUST have a huge rework? I guess cats did come out like, what, 3 years ago?
    I'd hardly call switching from mana to a very simple energy system a "huge rework". It changed the class, sure, but not by a huge amount. It was nothing like what Warlocks received in MoP, which is what Hunters and Rogues need now. Nothing groundbreaking, just a lot of minor tweaks and reworkings to make each spec feel like it's own thing, rather than 90% shared abilities with a signature shot and a passive or two to differentiate the specs.

On topic, I REALLY hope they just remove Readiness already. I don't feel that it adds anything noticeable to the class. Maybe I'm just bitter about the clusterfuck that was the Hunter opener in MoP, which was almost entirely the fault of Readiness.

Glad they're planning to return Stampede to a decent button again. It's really quite depressing in it's current state when you remember how amazing it was at the start of MoP.

And finally, THANK GOD they aren't removing our interrupt. That was literally the dumbest change I had ever seen in almost 9 years of WoW. Surely they didn't think it was okay for Hunters to be the only DPS class without an interrupt...
    Last edited by Marxman; 2013-07-09 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    LOL

get real, the days of armor pen are long gone. mages will reign supreme until a redesign or major change
    Wow that's a blast from the past! I miss armor pen

Really positive blue post for us - quite hopeful that we're going to go into 5.4 with good PvE DPS

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    LOL

I still remember the days of being a BG hero with max armor pen before the resil buff, people thought hunters were gods today..lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I don't know about that... For me, about every encounter and pull of the same boss I used to pull almost exacly the same dps every single time. Granted I'm only talking about the first tier since I am an entire tier behind on my hunter... Anyways that tells me that A) either I'm extremely consistent in skill and RNG or B) rotation n stuff is too easy to maintain or choose right time to pop cooldowns or C) if you fuck up it doesn't matter.

Just my 0,02...

Deleted
    Not that I disagree with your point but HC Tortos is actually the only fight where Iron hawk isn't miles better than the other 2 options since they both stack the shield. You should never be without the shield for long since you can use Deterrence for 2/3 of Quake Stomps and re-apply it right after when deterrence isn't ready.

Deleted
    With Iron Hawk I was able to have 100% upkeep on shield. With other two talents it would drop on non Deterrenced Stomps and in some cases on falling rocks (or whatever falls from roof).
    The fact I didn't have to switch targets and waste GCDs on crystals was also DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I think we will get a big rework like locks did next expansion, what they did with lock specs is fantastic in making the, different, hope they do this with hunters/ rogues next.
    I'd rather see this done to Rogue and Shamans, not Hunters.
    While Shamans do feel different, all 3 of their specs suck ass with that stone age totem shit.