What should be my dps?

Yesterday a friend of mine asked me to go fill a raid spot (they were at their last tries) on normal Terrace of Endless Spring (it is a guild for new players, so don't mind their progression). We were at the second boss. I am a primarly PVP player feral, so my gear was 4 pieces tier 14 (3 from LFR, one from Sha), the 2/2 dark moon trinket and a the normal bottle of infinite, everything else was 496 pvp gear.

I was playing with SofF and DoC (which I am not used to, as I pvp with encarnation and HotW) and I ended up at 86k dps at my best try. I try to make the combo TF + RIP + HT and use rake + thrash with the DoC bonus, but I suck on it x.x (I always either rush to place the rake/thrash as soon as I get the Rip off or take too long to use HT and let the TF buff expire).

Anyways I was wondering, is there a site that would tell me what my DPS should be with this gear? I am really wondering how much better I should be DPSing (since there was a warlock doing 140k damage, I believe I can probably do away better).

Thanks in advance and sorry If I said anything stupid, I am really not used to do any PVE.

Raidbots.com contains data on what other raiders are doing numbers wise on different fights.

The median feral druid did just over 66k on normal mode Tsulong. 86k sounds pretty good to me given you don't normally play it and DoC has a reputation for being challenging.

I don't play much feral, but considering your in mostly pvp gear and don't pve much I would think 86k is pretty decent.

Thanks, I checked the site, will add to my wow bookmarks section.

Yeah, you're actually doing just fine at that level.
    I was playing with SofF and DoC (which I am not used to, as I pvp with encarnation and HotW) and I ended up at 86k dps at my best try. I try to make the combo TF + RIP + HT and use rake + thrash with the DoC bonus, but I suck on it x.x (I always either rush to place the rake/thrash as soon as I get the Rip off or take too long to use HT and let the TF buff expire).
    This is a bit wrong though, what you want to be doing with DoC is: finisher (wait for 60+ energy before this), 4-5 combo points, HT, TF, then rip/rake to consume the DoC buff. Your main goal is to get Rip fully buffed with both DoC and TF, second goal is Rake under those same buffs. Also macro your on-use trinkets or other buffs to perhaps TF. You just want the biggest-hitting Rip/Rake possible.

Thrash is a single-target dps increase, in any situation, and in AoE situations you do want to DoC Thrash, but it's below Rip/Rake on single target. Also, it REALLY depends on your energy gain. The rule of thumb is, don't energy starve yourself to keep it up, do use it to prevent capping energy, and do use it on OOC procs. Try to keep it running as much as you can, but don't allow yourself to get downtime on Savage Roar or Rip/Rake because of it.

Then there's weaving Ferocious Bites in when you have the energy, but that's a whole different can of worms. You'll figure that out when you get a feel for your other energy costs.

Never thought of that (pool energy for a 5 pt RIP with DoC), thanks.

Right now I have no on use trinket, just eng gloves, that I macro with TF.

Edit: Also, is pvp gear bad for this content? They are 496 after all.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2013-07-10 at 09:50 PM.