Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Only if you think abortions are a problem that has to be stopped like gun violence is.
    Exactly. Example: Conservatives think abortion is a problem, they propose legislation. Liberals think guns are a problem, they propose legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    If the public funds weren't used for abortion, of course. STD testing, access to contraceptives, safe sex classes and family planning (not abortion) are all vital to our society.
    Not the question I asked; and by that answer you admit this bill is designed specifically to make abortions harder to access rather than any concern over standards of care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I do, but Gun Control is an entirely different debate then shutting down abortion clinics at the masses.
    Also, again, it's not a mass shut down of clinics.

Apparently you don't understand cause/effect legislation.
    Let's be real: trying to liken this to gun control laws is just as bad as my silly analogy for likening it to requiring small businesses to provide access for helicopters. Nonsensical and tangentially relevant at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Example: Conservatives think abortion is a problem, they propose legislation. Liberals think guns are a problem, they propose legislation.
    That's simplifying it and ignoring the fact the way parties handle it is different.

Yes it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Guns actually are a significant problem that result in a lot of deaths of living, breathing, thinking -people-. Abortion is not.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not the question I asked; and by that answer you admit this bill is designed specifically to make abortions harder to access rather than any concern over standards of care.
    I admitted that? No, I didn't. Please show and explain how you arrived to such information.

correction: liberals think gun VIOLENCE is a problem. pretty major distinction
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Yes it is. Rural clinics all over Texas would be forced to shut down, when those clinics are already perfectly safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    After this bill passes there will be all of five clinics left in one of the largest states in the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Abortion is not.
    Opinions are opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Yes it is. Rural clinics all over Texas would be forced to shut down, when those clinics are already perfectly safe.
    They won't shut down if they meet the standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admitted that? No, I didn't. Please show and explain how you arrived to such information.
    If your primary concern is actually the standard of care and not trying to limit access then logically you should be in favor of using public funds to ensure that the quality of care meets said standards.

Fun fact. Abortions are legal. Gun violence is not.

Your comparison is nothing but a sad attempt to win e-points

The standards are designed to shut them down. They are not designed to bring safety to the patients. If you genuinely care about the safety of women going to these abortion clinics, then you would be pushing against this law, because the standards will shut those clinics down. When those clinics shut down, women who cannot travel hundreds of miles will get illegal abortions done by unlicensed practitioners, or even worse, do it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions are opinions.

No, he's spot on.

Because standards are NEVER unreasonable right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions are opinions.
    Foeti are not people. This is scientific fact.

Ignoring the fact the standards are set so they cannot afford to stay open.

You can't seriously be this intellectually dishonest

10+ Year Old Account
    wrong. conservatives want to legislate something that they disagree with largely based on religious views. Liberals want to legislate guns based on facts.

What does the medical community say?
    say about what? any industry will be against regulations that cost them money

You can't seriously be this intellectually dishonest
    I agree. Buckwald, I've got a lot more respect for you than that. You've read the law yourself, the standards are purposefully unreasonable and unnecessary. You can see that for yourself. Those clinics are already safe, and the only reason the standards would be written as they are is if whomever wrote them intended to shut those clinics down.

If you don't agree with abortions on a moral level, that's a different thing entirely, but be honest about it for goodness' sake. Don't prop up a moral belief with bad legislature.