Thread: Soloable Bosses

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Soloable Bosses

So as most of you know, the game has hit a certain low point with not a lot of new content being released and a lot of people are becoming bored. Personally I've taken up the challenge of soloing old world bosses on my DK to keep myself entertained. As far as I know, DK's are the best class for soloing content with prot pally coming in close second; feel free to prove me wrong on this. Anyways I thought I'd make a list of all the raids I've tried to solo and succeeded/not succeeded for any fellow bored people out there.

Vanilla Raids:

Old-school Onyxia: Soloable (No longer accessible)

Zul'Gurub: All bosses easily soloable.

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ20):
    Kurinnaxx: Soloable
    General Rajaxx: Soloable
    Moam: Soloable
    Buru the Gorger: Soloable
    Ayamiss the Hunter: Soloable, but a very long fight for a DK because cannot be melee'd until he hits 70%.
    Ossirian the Unscarred: Soloable

Blackwing Lair: Unable to solo first boss(Razorgore the Untamed) and therefore unable to access the rest of BWL. Haven't attempted other bosses.

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ40):
    The Prophet Skeram: Soloable
    Three Bugs: Soloable
    Battleguard Sartura: Soloable
    Fankriss the Unyielding: Soloable
    Viscidus: Soloable, but difficult. Probably not worth the time.
    Princess Huhuran: Haven't attempted (Seems soloable)
    Twin Emperors: Unsoloable
    Ouro: Haven't attempted (Seems soloable)
    C'Thun: Unsoloable

Molten Core: All bosses soloable.

Dragons of Nightmare: (Lethon, Emeriss, Ysondre and Taerar)
    Ysondre has been solo'd. The rest are most likely unsoloable.

Azuregos (Rare dragon in Azshara): Soloable.

Burning Crusade Raids:

Karazhan: All bosses soloable.

Zul'Aman: All bosses seem soloable, have not attempted (Cannot open the front gate by yourself.)

Magtheridon's Lair: Soloable

Serpentshrine Cavern:
    Hydross the Unstable: Unsoloable (Have seen a video of a warlock soloing by glitching)
    The Lurker Below: Soloable
    Leotheras the Blind: Supposedly soloable
    Fathom-Lord Karathress: Unsoloable
    Morogrim Tidewalker: Soloable
    Lady Vashj: Unsoloable

Gruul's Lair:
    High King Maulgar(And his 4 minions): Unsoloable
    Gruul: Soloable

The Eye(Tempest Keep):
    Al'ar: Soloable
    Void Reaver: Unsoloable
    High Astromancer Solarian: Soloable (However the trash walking around the boss is unsoloable)
    Kael'thas Sunstrider: Unsoloable (QQ..maybe in Cata)

Hyjal Summit:
    Have not attempted bosses or trash personally, but it is supposedly completely soloable with good gear.

Black Temple:
    Not a lot of experience in here, as far as I know, none of the bosses are soloable.
    Can't solo the first boss(High Warlord Naj'entus), therefore unable to access the rest of BT(right?).

Sunwell Plateau:
    I couldn't solo the starting trash (Constructs immune to diseases) and it seems like none of the bosses are soloable either.

Doomwalker(Rare spawn outside of BT): Soloable

Doom Lord Kazzak(Rare spawn in Hellfire Peninsula): Unsoloable

Wrath of the Lich King Raids:

Naxxramas:
    Patchwerk/Gluth soloable by rogue.
    Haven't attempted any bosses in here.

Obsidian Sanctum:
    Sartharion has been solo'd by a DK on 10man, trash unsoloable.

Vault of Archavon:
    Archavon is most likely unsoloable on 10m(5 minute enrage), but has been 2-manned.

Ulduar:
    Flame Leviathan soloable on 10m

Icecrown Citadel:
    Rotface on 10m is apparently soloable up until his enrage.

You are welcome to add anything I missed or your experiences on certain bosses. I will try to keep the list updated over the next few days.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...27787&pageNo=1 A guide to a handful of Vanilla/BC bosses that are soloable; Credit to Wooticus.
    Last edited by trunkrollah; 2010-07-24 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added ulduar and ICC

I thought it would be fun to try and solo UK on regular, yeah....cant really do that.
    Frost trap ftl.

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I thought it would be fun to try and solo UK on regular, yeah....cant really do that.
    Frost trap ftl.
    As far as I know all WotLK heroics are soloable. (Does the frost tomb in UK not break from boss damage?)

Zul'Aman: All bosses seem soloable, have not attempted (Cannot open the front gate by yourself.)
    You can now open the front gate by yourself, I went in this week to farm for Mojo by myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Azuregos is soloable too, easily. As is almost every BC & WotLK heroic (with FoS & HoR being the exception... though, I suppose, FoS might be doable with good enough gear)

Haven't attempted the nightmare dragons solo yet, but perhaps with stupid amounts of NR, they'd be soloable. The biggest problem is the CD they put on one's abilities.

It's funny, because there are some bosses that are soloable but impossible to do with anywhere from 2-4 people, such as Skeram and Hakkar. And, well, most bosses with MC effects. :[

Nope. Boss damage doesnt.
    Nor do the skeletons.
    I could see the second boss being easier, while Ingvar giving me a little challenge but to be honest if a DK can solo the first boss in PoS I think I should find a way to solo the first boss in UK ><

Ayamiss the Hunter: N/A (Probably unsoloable for a DK, cannot be melee'd until he hits 70%)
    Easily solo'd as disc priest
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    does exploiting the game and bug game mechanic actualy count as bosses? Else you would have to remove the rogue solo'ing naxx from that list
    Please explain to me how he "bugged" anything? as far as I know he cleverly used game mechanics and used the scripted boss fights to his advantage?
    I can see how you could argue this is exploiting, but it is far from bugging or breaking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Please explain to me how he "bugged" anything? as far as I know he cleverly used game mechanics and used the scripted boss fights to his advantage?
    I can see how you could argue this is exploiting, but it is far from bugging or breaking anything.
    I agree, I'm sure Blizzard never intended the bosses to be solo'd by a rogue but all the abilities and mechanics he used are completely legal.

WORLD FIRST SOLO ONYXIA!!!
    gogo

Most of the Classic instances I've done as a paladin. Surprisingly a lot can be done as retribution without any gimmick spec or exploit. Well, I guess solo'ing some bosses are an exploit as Hakkar and others have abilities that don't hit the Main tank. I haven't gone back to try AQ 40 in a while though, had trouble with initial trash when I was prot and they had a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    All but 3 bosses in BWL can be soloed - Razorgore, Vael and Chromagg. Full solo clear of Hyjal is possible. Trash > Bosses.

You can solo Heigan, pretty sure its been done....his melee hardly hit for anything when tanks were wearing actual Naxx gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    friend of mine soloed the first part of the trash in sunwell, the construct

but the first pack destroyed him faster than he can say, OMFG what hit me

Quote Originally Posted by trunkrollah View Post

Black Temple:
    Not a lot of experience in here, as far as I know, none of the bosses are soloable.
    Can't solo the first boss(High Warlord Naj'entus), therefore unable to access the rest of BT(right?).
    Supremus, Shade and Bloodboil should be soloable. Possibly Mother and RoS, not too sure bout them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Supremus, Shade and Bloodboil should be soloable. Possibly Mother and RoS, not too sure bout them.
    RoS i think would be hard to solo, and bloodboil the same to be fair.

Deleted
    I've seen a prot paladin solo Chromagg I'm 100% sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Supremus maybe. Shade, too many adds, can't kill them in time. BB, debuff will stack too high eventually. RoS can't be done. P2 would demolish anyone. Shahraz can't be done due to the silence she does. The saber lash could be out healed if played well tho.