Rift, ALTS and possible Regret

Hey all,

I'm kind of in a Jam and wanted to get some opinions/feedback. I currently have a level 60 Rogue who I have mained for a long time. The issue is like a stupid a** I went out and played a mage over the last week and I love it. Now, I have spent so much time building up that rogue that I could literally spend years catching up the mage as I level him. I only have time for one toon though. So the question is, what can and can't I transfer over to my mage from my rogue. Are mounts usable across all toons? Pets? PA? Anyone well versed in the logistics of switching mains?

Thanks again

I do not believe anything is transferable unless it specifically says Account Bound.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    I do not believe anything is transferable unless it specifically says Account Bound.
    PA is shared between characters, but I don't know if it's retrospective. A lot of your mounts are BoA, and should be in your mailbox.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

This game never has been and likely never will be very alt friendly. It's made some steps to be a little more so, but it is still not great.

Deleted
    1-50 is very alt friendly 50-60 is not

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    1-50 is very alt friendly 50-60 is not
    I do not agree. Even at 50, to have an alt, you needed rep, which was not as hard to get as it is now, but it was still a grind to an extent. Gearing up to T3 with a fresh alt took a little time, though yeah, you could PuG the lower stuff pretty easily if you knew what you were doing. It was still not as easy as some other games where you could hit max and gear for the latest tier with a few dungeon runs. I'd say it was friendlier than it is now, but comparatively speaking to other games, not so much.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtach View Post
    Are mounts usable across all toons? Pets? PA? Anyone well versed in the logistics of switching mains?
    Rift has most of the same problems other games had regarding switching mains.

- Unless specified, mounts are character bound.
    - Unless specified, pets are character bound.
    - Achievements are character based
    - Artifacts are character based.
    - Reputation is character based

The only things that can be transferred or utilized on a new character are currencies and planar attunement. Unfortunately this means that rolling a new main character means starting practically from scratch. It's a momumental mistake to pigeonhole players like that, which other games have made attempts to rectify recently.

Hopefully with the F2P system they will be enticed to make your account more worthwhile as a whole instead of limiting everything to your character, but this is a pretty standard concept from many MMOs unfortunately.
    BAD WOLF

Pets, mounts, achievements, gear, and currencies (for the most part) are not shared across characters. For the world event currencies, and the planar currencies (sourcestones, but not planarite) can be sent to another character by purchasing vouchers at the epic planar goods vendor in the cities. Pets are bound to a character once your "collect" them. Same with mounts. Achievements are bound to a character, though there is a checkbox where you can view them from all characters. And of course, the gear. And your raid/expert currencies (as far as I know) can not be turned into vouchers to send to another character (which I think sucks, but meh).

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I do not agree. Even at 50, to have an alt, you needed rep, which was not as hard to get as it is now, but it was still a grind to an extent. Gearing up to T3 with a fresh alt took a little time, though yeah, you could PuG the lower stuff pretty easily if you knew what you were doing. It was still not as easy as some other games where you could hit max and gear for the latest tier with a few dungeon runs. I'd say it was friendlier than it is now, but comparatively speaking to other games, not so much.
    He was talking about the leveling process not the gear process.

You can reach 50 in less then 12 hours if you know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Ah, probably true, but then I don't see much point in being at max level if you are not going to do max level activities, even with an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Rep items are now Bind to Account, so if you've maxed out all the important Reps on your Rogue, you can simply buy the Capes/Gear/Pets etc on the Rogue and mail them to your Mage.

Likewise if you had bought any Collector's Edition, all new alts you make will also get the Collector's goodies, be it mounts, trinkets, etc

Rift is not really a game for players with 'altitis' the most you will ever need is four chars to cover the four Archetypes: Cleric, Mage, Rogue and Warrior

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought an orange panda for my cleric, could I also sent it to my alt warrior or do I have to buy it again? (It says Account Bind)
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    I bought an orange panda for my cleric, could I also sent it to my alt warrior or do I have to buy it again? (It says Account Bind)
    Normally if a mount is account bound all your toons will get it in the mail, otherwise if you get an account bound mount and learn it its no longer sendable.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Normally if a mount is account bound all your toons will get it in the mail, otherwise if you get an account bound mount and learn it its no longer sendable.
    I didn't get it in the mail, and I have already collected it on my main. :/
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    I didn't get it in the mail, and I have already collected it on my main. :/
    Then yeah, it is stuck to that character and can't be sent to any other (meaning you need to buy it). Same with any other account bound pet and mount (that doesn't come in the mail from a Raptr thing or Collector's Edition, or any other item that you have to "Redeem Code" to obtain).

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

What? How do you do that? You don't do quest? I have not seen a fast way to level yet so far in this game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    What? How do you do that? You don't do quest? I have not seen a fast way to level yet so far in this game.
    Probably chain running groups to 'exploit' some things, but to be honest you can just do IA's for a few days straight and be there in no time. It's incredibly boring, but it can be done.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Probably chain running groups to 'exploit' some things, but to be honest you can just do IA's for a few days straight and be there in no time. It's incredibly boring, but it can be done.
    New player here, what is an IA?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    New player here, what is an IA?
    Instant Adventure...hit "." on your screen. Lots of bonus xp, they're pretty much a queue for group quests, you're teleported to/from the questing areas. You can do ones for your level or you can do any level, you're "scaled down" to the player level the quest area is designed for if it's a lower level zone, but you earn xp normally or at the faster bonus rate.

"Scaling down" in Rift is referred to as setting your "Ascended Mentor Level", Right click your portrait and you can clear your mentor level or set it to pretty much whatever you want if you wanted to queue for something with a friend, etc. Handy when you want to play with someone but they don't play/level at the same pace as you do.