Thread: Frost PvP burst

Frost PvP burst

Hey guys, so me and a ret paladin started doing 2s, and we had never done it before, we got to 1650 pretty easily, and I tried tweeking somethings, but my dps has REALLY gone down.
    I tired using IW but it seems like they usually burst the paladin since I open up invis and I never get the full effect so i switched back to invocation. So I open up with pet frost nova, deep freeze, instant frost bomb, frost orb, and then i Use my macro which is PVP trink, berserking, and icy veins (glyphed) and then i shoot all my procs or what not. We usually burst the person down very fast, but his damage tops mine by A LOT! Any tips on opener or sustained damage? all my gear is full PVP 496, correctly gemmed and enchanted. And yes Ive tried looking for a 5.3 guide but nothing really stood out.
    Thanks!

invocation is bad. dont open with deep freeze. spec into blazing speed. invis before the match starts so you can open with a frost bomb. focus on peeling, deeping whatever is about to die, csing heals and polymorphing.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    invocation is bad. dont open with deep freeze. spec into blazing speed. invis before the match starts so you can open with a frost bomb. focus on peeling, deeping whatever is about to die, csing heals and polymorphing.
    Open with a sheep out of invis on your off target not frost bomb. That way when you burst the other he needs do blow a trinket or Cd to peel. Also don't blow Orb and veins too early because once some one uses their trinket they are naked once you deep them (depending on class of course, this is were skill and class knowledge come in so use your judgment). When you are going for the kill cast frost bomb and use your orb to generate FoF for your deep, spam lance then counterspell right before deep drops off (class dependent of course) and out of that wind up a frost bolt and use your pet nova for a shatter combo. If all goes right that person should be dead. But the higher you get the less and less the straight up burst from the get go will work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Open with a sheep out of invis on your off target not frost bomb. That way when you burst the other he needs do blow a trinket or Cd to peel. Also don't blow Orb and veins too early because once some one uses their trinket they are naked once you deep them (depending on class of course, this is were skill and class knowledge come in so use your judgment). When you are going for the kill cast frost bomb and use your orb to generate FoF for your deep, spam lance then counterspell right before deep drops off (class dependent of course) and out of that wind up a frost bolt and use your pet nova for a shatter combo. If all goes right that person should be dead. But the higher you get the less and less the straight up burst from the get go will work. Also using blazing speed or PoM is a play style choice but don't use PoM for damage spells way too powerful of a CC tool to do that.