10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] *Spoilers* Apokolips in Man of Steel

Okay so you've heard about all the different kinds of easter eggs in Man of Steel so far like for example the LexCorp truck and the Wayne Enterprises satellite but what about one that you might have missed? In one of the first scenes of the film right after Superman is born, we are shown the vast landscape of Krypton for a few brief seconds. Well during this brief moment if you look in the horizon you can see a shattered planet. The planet is even shown again a second time during a scene that I forget but I think it was after Zod invaded the ruling council's chamber and Jor-el fled on his weird space creature. Could the planet possibly be Apokolips, home of Darkseid, Superman's archnemisis? Did anyone else see it too or am I just crazy? O_o

Nope, it was just a moon orbiting Krypton. It was rumored that someone named Jax-Ur destroyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah really? Well damn that's a shame. Also I just looked this up, but it seems that Jax-Ur was actually in Man of Steel and was the scientist guy that aided Zod? If he's supposed to be a big supervillian then why did he have such a minor role??

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolguyry View Post
    Ah really? Well damn that's a shame. Also I just looked this up, but it seems that Jax-Ur was actually in Man of Steel and was the scientist guy that aided Zod? If he's supposed to be a big supervillian then why did he have such a minor role??

Jax blew up a moon of krypton in the comics. I guess he was in MoS, but no mention of the moon or him blowing it up. It wasn't part of the story for the movie. It was part of a comic book story...but not the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. Guess it was just a little nod then to that storyline then. :3

Apokolips isn't in the same dimension as Krypton. It's part of the Fourth World.