[PTR, Engineering] Spinal Healing Injector

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/82200-sp...aling-injector

Should be an extremely handy thing to have during progression. Even if you can only use it once in an encounter, it's double the effect of the current health pots at 300K. Will you replace your Frag Belt with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/82200-sp...aling-injector

Should be an extremely handy thing to have during progression. Even if you can only use it once in an encounter, it's double the effect of the current health pots at 300K. Will you replace your Frag Belt with this?
    Replace a 4000 main stat pot with a one-off self heal? Nope

Deleted
    I'd rather not lose the primary stat's the other belt has for something as a heal.

Belts has a stat upgrade with engineer?

- - - Updated - - -

Meanie I thought the stat upgrades were glove only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Pretty sure the stats are on gloves while the nitro boost is for the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Yeah. Synapse Springs and Phase Fingers go on the gloves. Belts get Nitro Boost, Fragmentation Belt, and a few other situational things. Capes get the goblin glider. Frag Belt is good for 2-3% DPS boost depending on the fight, so that is what you would be trading off.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the mana version? Id put that on my belt.

I actually would prefer that in PvP over the nitro boost. Yummy!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    shares cooldown with potions

still think this will be a game-breaking pot for soloing old content, i see Raegwyn soloing the current tier in 5.4

Has anyone confirmed that it is active on the PTR? Many .dat changes never make it to live, so I wouldn't go about chicken-counting quite yet.

Does it share a CD with normal pots? If it doesn't i'll use it in a heartbeat, if it does...its worthless outside random BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    basically lay on hands for engineers, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Does it share a CD with normal pots? If it doesn't i'll use it in a heartbeat, if it does...its worthless outside random BGs.
    Yes, it does.

I did see some people using this during duels on PTR, just was not sure what was healing people to full. Makes sense now. I guess I need to log in and check to see if it gets affected by pvp power, fatigue, etc. Obviously not usable in arena, but could be fun for alts in random bgs.

Yeah. Synapse Springs and Phase Fingers go on the gloves. Belts get Nitro Boost, Fragmentation Belt, and a few other situational things. Capes get the goblin glider. Frag Belt is good for 2-3% DPS boost depending on the fight, so that is what you would be trading off.
    It should be quite a bit less than 2-3% DPS. At best it's probably doing about 60K damage per use (on average), and that's being generous, which equates to 1000 DPS. 1000 DPS being 2-3% of your damage would mean you were doing somewhere between 33k and 50k DPS... which is like last expansion DPS.

Now I'm not saying Frag Belt is insignificant, I use it myself, but people can lose context sometimes when they throw out percentages in regards to total DPS/damage.

But yeah, won't be using it as a DPS in the general case over the frag belt, even though it got a decent buff. I could see it being useful for a tank, or in a progression fight with an extreme survival need, but otherwise I'd rather not have it on.

It'd be nice to see a weaker version that wasn't on the potion CD. Perhaps somewhere in the range of 40-80k heal on a 1-1.5min cooldown. But then we start getting into "everyone wants to be an engineer" and "inequal perks" areas again if it's even slightly too powerful so I don't see it happening.

Or another thing that'd be cool: a DPS potion version. Wouldn't even have to be different than a standard alchemy created potion. On use, 4000 agi/str/int (based on spec) for 25s, on potion CD. And if that perhaps saves engineers too much money, allow them to maybe consume 40 potions to enchant a belt with 50 "charges" of it.

Man, if they put me in charge of engineering profession development, I'd make so much stuff. I've always thought the engineering profession was so terribly squandered in it's potential for incredible awesomeness. It's cool now but it could be so much more.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    It should be quite a bit less than 2-3% DPS. At best it's probably doing about 60K damage per use (on average), and that's being generous, which equates to 1000 DPS. 1000 DPS being 2-3% of your damage would mean you were doing somewhere between 33k and 50k DPS... which is like last expansion DPS.
    It's about 30K per target. On trash packs, it's a useful boost to DPS for sure and off the GCD.

It's about 30K per target. On trash packs, it's a useful boost to DPS for sure and off the GCD.
    Some specs' mastery bonuses boost it. It can also crit. I was mainly being generous just to over-account for those things.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter