Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing though, it's pretty obvious a lot of people care for transmog. A lot of people play and only go for transmog items, they should be earnable in game but they're not. You'll have to pay money (on top of your subscription) to buy them. The worst part of all though, how they've clearly put so much more effort into the helms than the FINAL tier of the expansion.

Deleted
    pets and mounts already left a bad taste in my mouth but fucking transmog items that look better than tier fuck that shit.

and YES it IS pay to win now and has been a while already mount achievement anyone? pet collect achievement anyone?

those pets you can buy helps completing a (minor) part in-game how minor it might be its disgusting and fucking pathetic.
    that sed i wont cancel my sub ebcause of this bullshit were getting now but it certainly has pissed me off i pay to play not pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    You're ignorant if you think it'll stop at purely cosmetic stuff. You'll be seeing different sort of buffs to ingame currencies soon enough. Be that honor, conquest, valor, justice, charms - you name it.

I unsubbed today, been playing since early 2006 - and this is where I get off. It's the principle and the lack of integrity on Blizzard's side - not the current content.
    They announced that you'd be able to buy leser charms but it doesn't really matter because valor and conquest aren't that good--valor is just used for item upgrades now (at a cap of points you can have) and conquest isn't able to access high tier gear right away.

I think you need to re-assess things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    You can't know that for a fact.

What if *what if* Blizzard adds itemshop items so that it can keep the monthly subscription fee at $15. $15 isn't what it was in 2004, but can you imagine how pissed everyone would be if they raised the monthly subscription fee from $15 to $20? Perhaps generating revenue from the itemshop allows Blizzard to keep the monthly subscription fee at $15 instead of raising it, which in turn leads to a happier playerbase and better company image?

Seems equally possible, if not more plausible.
    Why would they increase the subscription cost? The cost of servers. bandwidth, ect.. have gone down drastically over the years and continue to drop. It's cheaper for them now than it was in the past and as time goes on, the cost per player will keep dropping as the costs dealing with the servers and all keep lowering.

I just wish people would get out of this fantasy world of where they think server, bandwidth, ect.. rises each year, making it more expensive on companies when it's the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    That's the thing though, it's pretty obvious a lot of people care for transmog. A lot of people play and only go for transmog items, they should be earnable in game but they're not. You'll have to pay money (on top of your subscription) to buy them. The worst part of all though, how they've clearly put so much more effort into the helms than the FINAL tier of the expansion.
    I'd love to see the numbers that state people ONLY play the game for transmog

Let's also not forget that again the argument of "Well it should have just been included with the basic product" is a giant double-standard.

And I wouldn't go that far... the Firelord one seems pretty lackluster. It's basically a diamond shaped thing on your forehead, glowy eyes (something that's already made) and fire. The tier headpieces look like they were more of an effort.

The pet store's been around for 5 years. five. years. They've sold cosmetics only this entire time. If they decide to add an experience boost for asia, who currently also has split 10 and 25 man lock outs with higher item level 25 man gear, you can't automatically assume we're getting it to. As of yet, blizzard has maintained cosmetic sales only for the pet store, and if we get the experience boost, it's whatever. I already pay 5 dollars a head to RAF people. The day they sell functional gear sets, I can fully rationalize people flipping out. But if they want to sell me a transmoggable frostmourne for somewhere between 5-15 dollars, i'm in. Hate all you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    pets and mounts already left a bad taste in my mouth but fucking transmog items that look better than tier fuck that shit.

and YES it IS pay to win now and has been a while already mount achievement anyone? pet collect achievement anyone?

those pets you can buy helps completing a (minor) part in-game how minor it might be its disgusting and fucking pathetic.
    that sed i wont cancel my sub ebcause of this bullshit were getting now but it certainly has pissed me off i pay to play not pay to win.
    It's as pay to win as buying a hat in TF2.

Plus if you don't want to put your money where your mouth is I'd say you're just as bad as the people who are egging Blizzard on for more stuff to buy from the store

Agreed OP. Hell, if I was running Blizzard I'd have like 15 buyable sets available on the store by now lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    You couldn't be more mistaken, the profits from Wow fueled the development of both SC2 and D3. But keep dreaming.
    How could I forget that Blizzard has a magical money tree that pays all it's employees, silly me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Agreed OP. Hell, if I was running Blizzard I'd have like 15 buyable sets available on the store by now lol.
    I'd sell heroic gear to see the lengths some people will go to. Would probably have to flee the country and get a new identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Another instance of people overreacting.

Ill say it one more time:

By selling RAIDING GEAR and PVP GEAR they would lose money. It would drive away PVPers and PVEers, causing sub losses and thus a gigantic loss of money.

Can you name a game where the developers sell actual raiding/PVP gear?
    Well, technically you can with Guild Wars 2. You can buy gems, trade gems for gold, and buy your legendary weapon or anything else on the Trading Post. But that would be ridiculously expensive as most legendary weapons are going for 1500-2000g and you only get 2 silver per gem. With 800 gems being 10 bucks so you are looking at over a thousand dollars for the cheapest one. By the time you figure in all the cost for the top gear you can buy, skipping the legendary weapon, then you are looking at several hundred dollars for what you could grind in a couple of weeks at max level.

Dear OP

People are upset because this takes development time and resources away from the product they are paying for to make another product they dont.

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Every time Blizzard announces something new for the pet store we see the same threads come up about how a game with a monthly sub fee shouldn't have a microtransaction store. I get really frustrated when I see these posts because some people just don't get it.

You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.
    Seems to me that you are the one who just doesnt get it...

You pay a monthly fee to be able to play, that is correct but the more important part...YOU PAY TO HAVE THE GAME EVOLVE AND INTRODUCE NEW CONTENT. This is what you pay for and this is the only justification for monthly fee (tough nowadays there is no justification since blizz produces half of the content they used to in vanilla/tbc). If time of designers go into creating trash items for blizz store then they are not working on something YOU PAID FOR, which is content of the game.
    So Blizz store, directly fucks you in the ass here, but you are too stupid to even feel the giant cock that comes in your rear

Blizzard is a business and they have to do with that money whatever they feel will be most profitable. This can be anything from developing PvE and PvP content to developing items for the Blizzard store. The purpose of the former is to keep people subscribed to WoW and maybe even bring old people back/new people in. The latter is designed to bring in additional revenue to be able to develop more content.
    nope, its not for more content, its for higher paychecks. You seriously think, that after blizz store, you will see for example 2 14 boss raids per patch? Keep dreaming.

The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen.
    yeah we will mark your words... oh wait, those are blizz words from interviews before wow was even released... Dont think you are a genius... you seem to have less than 100iq in fact.

The Blizzard store is not a slippery slope, it is a smart business move to bring in more money for the company. The more resources Blizzard has, the more content they can develop and the better off we are as players.
    Blizz store is to further increase the cash that menagament gets into their pockets. As i said, you wont see any more content than you see now, if anything, there will be less of it...

Blizz already has nearly unlimited resources... they dont need more to create something amazing. However, their most recent creations are just steaming pile of shit... diablo 3 was a failure beyond belief and only reason it sold so many copies was diablo 2. Hots was ok but it had TON of wasted potential. Mop didn't introduce ANYTHING creative into the game, everything was just copied form other games, blizz havent come up with anything original. Titan got FUCKING SCRAPPED (or well, restarted) cause it was just too terrible... game they worked for what? 3 years now?

Stop protecting blizz like they are some poor company that needs more money to produce content... they are complete opposite. Blizz store is designed to just buy them new cars, houses and pools... not for you, despite how hard you want to belive that...
    What players should do is just stop playing the game completly and remind blizz that its the players who should be cared for not Bobby KoDICK and entire FAGtivision... however as long as there are people like you playing this game... people who just like solid ramming in the ass, blizz can do whatever the fuck they want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    It's as pay to win as buying a hat in TF2.

Plus if you don't want to put your money where your mouth is I'd say you're just as bad as the people who are egging Blizzard on for more stuff to buy from the store
    I pay for the game
    I expect all things you can get in game isnt bought with additional cash
    I expect from blizzard to follow that rule

cant get more simple than that , it isnt Always about making more cash but keeping your customers happy... customers happy? and they are more eager to come again and spend more money than piss a customer off and just milk it for once...

I unsubbed today, been playing since early 2006 - and this is where I get off. It's the principle and the lack of integrity on Blizzard's side - not the current content.
    Keep telling yourself that, buddy. You'll be back soon enough. Though I sincerely hope you do quit forever.

Oh, and you're late. They've been selling items for a long time. All purely cosmetic. They are all all purely cosmetic.

Bar one item - in Asia. That's still optional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Seems to me that you are the one who just doesnt get it...
    Wow, what a massive overreaction. Me doth think you protest too much.

Tell me, do you go into car dealerships and demand that they give you the optional extras for free just because you paid for a base model? Because its the same thing, ultimately.

- - - Updated - - -

I pay for the game
    There's never been a rule stating that. And they've been selling additional cosmetic content since launch. You're a bit late to tell Blizzard off.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Give it another 3 weeks and no one will even remember that people complained about this.

I wouldn't mind being able to buy some of the TCG stuff from the store. Don't think that's going to happen though
    This^ I would play 25 bucks a mount all day long for the TCG mounts and 10 bucks a pet, too (I have most of those as they are cheapest). However, that won't happen as I understand the new TCG expansion will have all the old loot cards in it. (Hopefully, that will bring down the price a lot on the mounts on eBay).

Deleted
    You're ignorant if you think it'll stop at purely cosmetic stuff. You'll be seeing different sort of buffs to ingame currencies soon enough. Be that honor, conquest, valor, justice, charms - you name it.

You do understand what 'ignorant' means right? because I think you've used it wrong....

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

How is it lacking knowledge to assume they're going to do something they haven't done and always said they wouldn't? Sound like you're the ignorant one.

Also, please explain why you've just decided to leave again....there's been a pet store since 2009, the items are still as cosmetic now as they were then, unless it's taken you nearly 5 years to notice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Oh wait, not, they look like fucking garbage, and these helms look good enough to be from a completely different game.
    The person i'm quoting got infracted, but i actually believe he got something right.
    I can live with reskins and ugly looking mounts in the game store. I can even survive with transmogrify stuff.
    But not when the tiers we're given look like something not even one of those slimes in Ihgaluk Crag's fetid pools would wear.

Not to mention this will lead to more. They are expanding the real money store. Today it's good looking stuff for transmogrify, tomorrow it's LFR pieces or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by User789 View Post
    May sound a little harsh but do you have any source on that ? and no a blue post is not enough, well maybe if it is from Ghostcrawler.

haha what...you think you own your character and everything with it? All you do is pay to play on there servers (or rent a space on there servers if thats how you want to look at it)...the only thing you own is the actual disk if you have a hardcopy BUT not the content on it, the cardboard box it comes in but not the graphics thats printed on it , the paper the games instructions comes with in the box but not the contents printed on the paper...get the drift?

10+ Year Old Account
    If people never brought that stupid sparkling pony...... Everything in the cash shop would be in the game as drops. The sparkle horse would drop from alagalon the observer, The cromantic dragon from End of Time boss, The Bloodwing Bat would be a item in exchange for barrens dailies and so on.
    Think about it. If you (this applies to people that brought that horse) never spent extra money, everything in the cash shop would of been in the game and all you would of had to do is keep paying you $15 a month.

People are far to keen to throw their money at the bile of mass that is Blizzard.
    Last edited by Landrid; 2013-07-13 at 05:24 PM.

I pay for the game
    Blizzard is following that rule

All the stuff you can get in game isn't bought with additional cash. The stuff you can't is.

Once more, it's a horrendous double-standard to complain about unnecessary aesthetic accessories costing money for a video game. Terrible argument.

cant get more simple than that , it isnt Always about making more cash but keeping your customers happy... customers happy? and they are more eager to come again and spend more money than piss a customer off and just milk it for once...
    A happy customer is a paying customer.

If customers were truly unhappy with the store, we wouldn't be seeing more products for it.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2013-07-13 at 05:30 PM. Reason: hooray for typos