Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I ever really experience it in WoW... but there are a ton of South American people that play League of Legends on North American servers. To their defense it wasn't until recently that riot opened up a specific spanish speaking south american server... but even after they opened up free transfers we still have duo queues with people speaking spanish. I just show them the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    You are a moron!
    Went totally over your head chubchub

My friends and i have a Spanish lookout when we do anything with matchmaking to see just how bad the group is going to be

Deleted
    Not everyone speaks English, and you can learn to speak another language as well. It might even be fun!

And Americans wonder why the rest of the world generalize them as Texas redneck guncrazed hillbillies...

Infracted; Don't bash a nation. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-14 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    HA, Hahaha, ha ha.... Yeah you'd not last long with my realm matchups.

I'm most commonly grouped up with the Portuguese realm (EU)... aaand none of them ever speak English. Or if they do it's severely broken and rather aggressive.

I'll let you in on a little secret... the reason that most of the realms with X Nationality/Language only have terrible players is because with a about a 90% certainty they're quite young. Not even kidding, most realize that by age 12 you gotta start getting good at English in alot of online communities to advance in the leagues of skilled players. So they surround themselves with English speakers online and before you know by age 16-17 they've learned it well enough to make their way through. But at like age 9-14 they're not going to be confident enough to roll on the English speaking servers of games like this.

If they're NOT young, they've already formed a tight knit community and do everything together or really well/silently when doing randoms and don't appear as often. But the stragglers? Bet you most of the time it's a youngish kid.

But... dude don't be so harsh, just carry as much weight as you can and get over it, or make better friends on your realm and form parties in advance if you don't want to deal with it.

I've only ever had one case of a truly abysmal foreign speaker in my group. The rest of the time it's just been general badness that I can brush over with my levels of skill and pull the party through.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    And Americans wonder why the rest of the world generalize them as Texas redneck guncrazed hillbillies...
    No actually, we don't. We're too busy being superior and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I play on a Zimbabwe server, and I am sick of people not being able to speak in clicks and whistles!
    This on the other hand is actually racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing in EU there's a portuguese server that gets thrown in with english-speaking groups. I'm sure they're mostly fine but I swear almost every time we have a person in lfr/lfd who's problematic enough to kick it's from that server.
    Obviously though I'm sure 90% of the ppl I've been in lfr/lfd with from that server have been no problem and go unnoticed, the bad ones just seem to be exceptionally bad, probably due to language issues as it does usually come down to communication and only sometimes involves bad attitude.

Having said that just the only day a rogue in lfd from that server turned out to be the nicest and most sociable person in the group.

Well, no, not French-Canadians or Brazilians, but nouh mah Gad, when I get grouped with 2+ people from Nemesis or Pozzo'dell Eterna (Italian realms), I fear for the well-being of my sanity. 90% of them are horrible players, and if you point out what they are doing wrong, and how they might improve that (Hey, hunter, don't run too far ahead, you'll just body-pull and wipe us (for the 4th time)), they often respond quite aggressively "HEY U FUCK U UR MOM" or something along those lines (exaggerating? who? me? never!).

And to those saying "Well, why don't you learn some tidbits in those languages so that you can communicate with them?". Why not ask them to conform to the norms of the game (seeing as 90% of the players use English to communicate most of the time (unless they're talking to friends/in nationalistic guilds/groups/are on a specific-language server)(73% of statistics are made up on the spot, keep this in mind!)?

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    I'm French-Canadian and I can guarantee I can play my class better then you can play yours . Hell I can probably play YOUR class better then you can. Also you can see that I do speak English, so good job on being another stereotypical ignorant American, there are as many shit English speaking players as there are shit non English speaking players.
    Lol way to be hypocritical there. You were just a stereotypical moron yourself by assuming all Americans are "Ignorant", you like to point out how awesome you are and point out how fail he is then go on the same tangent he did, excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just my battle group, but I don't recall ever being grouped up with any exceedingly bad players from Latin America. Yet if I ever were, I doubt I would jump to the conclusion that all Latin Americans don't know how to play. It's nice not being close minded.

I'm the last person to defend the brain dead mouth breathers of my country, but do you not see the people from the EU in this thread admitting to doing the same thing?

Quite relevant, we all know that online games do equal real life after all.

Obviously this thread is restricted to people only in the USA. I'm taking a wild guess here, but I'm going to just go ahead and say you should stay in off-topic where all those gun threads are, that seems to be your ignorant forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they totally are dude and soon they will interbreed and become the frenchzilians, BEWARE! I will embrace my frenchzilian overlords tho.
    think of the crazy dances they will come up with then.

10+ Year Old Account
    SACRE BLEU!? ..
    Seriously though, it is hard playing with foreigners who can't speak english but I try to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't. Then again I'm not racist.
    I wasn't aware it was racist to want to communicate with people in English when I signed up on an English speaking realm.

If I were to visit brazil, I wouldn't expect them to speak English, and I would try my darnedest to learn a little Portuguese before i visited.

Can we just get a mod to insta-lock these threads? Its the same pointless conversation that's been played out on the forums a hundred times and seems to just be people trying to increase their post count more than having any sort of legitimate conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them are horrendously terrible. I can't recall a single non-english speaking player that I've met in the queue that has been decent, let alone competitive. Maybe the good players queue together and leave those who can't use google translate on noxxic or icyveins to the queue...lambs to the slaughter.

I don't leave though. If the group is terrible and wipes multiple times on a dungeon boss I'll leave, regardless of what language they speak. If they're slow or bad or whatever, I just push on and try my best to carry and tell them what to do...albeit not politely if they're bad.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    Can we just get a mod to insta-lock these threads? Its the same pointless conversation that's been played out on the forums a hundred times and seems to just be people trying to increase their post count more than having any sort of legitimate conversation.
    It's because America #1!! Afterall, the bible is written in english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I play on a Zimbabwe server, and I am sick of people not being able to speak in clicks and whistles!
    *headdesk*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥