Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is WeakAuras the best add-on ever written?

Tested it for the first time and wow, it's amazing. Never been so impressed with an addon before. Really it feels like your creativity is the limit (and I'm sure I haven't even come close to what other people have come up with to do with it).

Share your appreciation and/or cool ideas you came up with for this addon.

On my demonology warlock I made some simple buff timers for me, cooldown bar where the buttons only become visible if on cd, DOT timers for my target and 3 special buttons that only pop up on special occasions. Hand of Gul'dan (only to pop up in combat, off cooldown), Fel flame (only to pop up when corruption duration is <x seconds, as it refreshes the duration) and Soul Fire (only when I have the proc Molten Core on me, as it reduces the cast time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Fel flame (only to pop up when corruption duration is <x seconds, as it refreshes the duration).
    This might be off topic, but it's a bad idea to use Fel Flame to extend Corruption. It extends the duration without snapshotting your stats, so Corruption will miss out on any buffs you might have active that you would get just by recasting Corruption itself. I can't think of an instance when Fel Flame should ever be cast unless you're on the move.

EDIT: OK, by all means use it to take down low health adds or shaman totems quickly.
    Last edited by Lefeng; 2013-07-14 at 05:38 PM.

Unless it's pvp which I know nothing about you shouldn't be refreshing Corruption with Fel Flame, it should be refreshed automatically while following your rotation by casting Touch of Chaos.

But yes the addon is pretty great, dunno how I'd keep track of the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen proc without it lol.

I dont know if I could go back to playing without it.

Deleted
    It is a great addon for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    never forget what weak auras replaced, which it is basically identical to, the original power auras.

Who still uses weakauras lol?

Quote Originally Posted by gcg View Post
    Who still uses weakauras lol?
    everyone i know and their mother?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

We actually require it for Raiders, as it's so useful.

Someone can make a debuff/timer for a boss ability, link it to everyone in Raid, and import with a click. Extremely handy, among the myriad of other things it can do.
    I used it to replace over half the addons in my UI.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    everyone i know and their mother?
    You must not know allot of people.

To OP, no it's not there are better addon's it can be fun to make all your little aura's all cute n shit but for me just the blizzard aura shit works fine I don't need more then that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post

To OP, no it's not there are better addon's it can be fun to make all your little aura's all cute n shit but for me just the blizzard aura shit works fine I don't need more then that.
    I was like that too. Until I got weakauras.

Never used it, never need it. I never used anything beside DBM and unitframes. There was one addon though that came around during ICC that pretty much just won the game for you if you knew how to move into a green circle.... Forgot what it was called but I'm gonna say that was a pretty genius addon until it got banned (never would have gotten heroic putricide without it)
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

More than 1,1 million downloads is like the minority of World of Warcraft playerbase yeah you are right...Yes it is not an addon for everyone it is too complex for some people, like those that were wiping on brawler's rank 1 bosses consistenly the past few months until the completly outgeared it. Because if you knew even the basics about what the addon offers, you wouldn't try to compare it to Blizzard's auras lol

See I've been using IceHUD for like forever so I've never seen the need to try Weakauras. I've already gotten everything set up the way I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Never used it, never need it. I never used anything beside DBM and unitframes. There was one addon though that came around during ICC that pretty much just won the game for you if you knew how to move into a green circle.... Forgot what it was called but I'm gonna say that was a pretty genius addon until it got banned (never would have gotten heroic putricide without it)
    Yeah, I remember that addon - AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality).

Funnily enough, I started using WA when barely anyone was using it, in 2011. Ever since, I stuck with it and tried to convince others to try it as well instead of the usual POWA (which I didn't even use due to its complicated UI).
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    It was called AVR and all it did was let you draw marks on the floor, like football plays or something. Basically if it was set up right it could be used to tell people where to stand etc. And they didn't "ban" it they just broke the UI functionality so it doesn't work anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but being content with the tiny bit of visuals Blizzard give you nowadays makes me believe you don't know how to properly use WA.

TMW stronk.

The only thing that I know of as of now that it can't really do is the heavy textual auras that WA can.

Is what I miss the most when playing other MMOs...seriously, weak auras should be default feature of the UI of any MMO.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with power auras still Shows everything I need and is so much more user friendly.