Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Seriously who the hell is responsible for designing the sets this tier? They are all completely terrible. Worst,most bizarre/pointless looking sets probably ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    I for one hope that Proving Grounds is difficult.

Bronze mode - Average to Above average players will find this challenging but not impossible. Passing through Bronze mode will give you the stamp of approval for normal mode raiding guilds

Silver mode - Almost impossible to complete without playing your class perfectly. Average players will hit a brick wall here and above average players will really struggle here. Still not impossible but requires perfect play. PvP heroes and casual 5 man heroic players will not succeed until they get better at the game. Even the most hardcore of players will need a good few hours of wiping before finishing. Wiping here is nothing to be embarrassed about

Gold - Impossible. No one will succeed here for a few weeks. Requires insane play that only the best are capable of. Takes days of wiping to even pass the first wave. Once you know the encounter inside out and have a solid strategy down can you start to progress through the waves of mobs. Will include a metric shit ton of one shot mechanics. If you stand in the wrong place at any time during this encounter you will be killed instantly. Getting Gold is an impressive achievement and will earn you celebrity status on your realm.

Endless mode - Endless mode is insanely difficult. Only the best of the best of the best can do well here. Where getting Gold mode shows that you are one of the best, Endless mode shows you ARE the best. Each time you enter, the encounter changes randomly so you can't learn a strategy and get some addon that tells you what to do. This relies on pure instinct and draws upon your full experience as a WoW player. One wrong move and your dead. Even the most advanced players in WoW will fail here as they are used to watching a boss mod timer to know when to do stuff. For this you not only need to play your class like a God you also need lightning fast reactions to adjust to the ever changing encounter.
    Nope, sorry.

The intended tuning is supposed to be:

Bronze is more or less equivalent to on par for 5man heroics, Silver for normal raiding, Gold as ready for heroic raiding. Endless should be significantly challenging, though.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-07-15 at 09:40 PM. Reason: engrish

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

PLEASE let that Stormcrow be a new promotion thing, I want another Annual Pass dammit!

omg totally awesome new T15 ww monk 4set, but, kinda sad that it will be so epic, and then the T16 ww monk 4set helps a little to let us continue to burst with less energy starve but, is nothing compared to T15 new 4set of 15% extra damage during burst. I'm understand why they are changing T15 4set for ww, but can u please give the current T16 4set to the new T15 4set, and make the T16 4set the 1% bonus damage per TeB used? please pretty please!

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet the Fairy Dragon and Stormcrow are both going to the blizzard store

Deleted
    Glyph of elemental familiars is for Shaman, not Mage.

Mage already have one like this. Mage are Arcane, Fire and Frost, but not Nature.

Deleted
    It's the feature I've been waiting ! Thanks alot in advance!

Deleted
    "Item - Druid T16 Balance 4P - Your chance to get Shooting Stars from a critical strike from Moonfire or Sunfire is increased by 20%."

Oh lawrdy Blizzard thanks a bunch <3

Title: the proven tank. Amazing. Will we get smilies and lols in quest text next? So glad subs running out soon, I'm too old for this.

Deleted

Bronze mode - Average to Above average players will find this challenging but not impossible. Passing through Bronze mode will give you the stamp of approval for normal mode raiding guilds

Silver mode - Almost impossible to complete without playing your class perfectly. Average players will hit a brick wall here and above average players will really struggle here. Still not impossible but requires perfect play. PvP heroes and casual 5 man heroic players will not succeed until they get better at the game. Even the most hardcore of players will need a good few hours of wiping before finishing. Wiping here is nothing to be embarrassed about

Gold - Impossible. No one will succeed here for a few weeks. Requires insane play that only the best are capable of. Takes days of wiping to even pass the first wave. Once you know the encounter inside out and have a solid strategy down can you start to progress through the waves of mobs. Will include a metric shit ton of one shot mechanics. If you stand in the wrong place at any time during this encounter you will be killed instantly. Getting Gold is an impressive achievement and will earn you celebrity status on your realm.

Endless mode - Endless mode is insanely difficult. Only the best of the best of the best can do well here. Where getting Gold mode shows that you are one of the best, Endless mode shows you ARE the best. Each time you enter, the encounter changes randomly so you can't learn a strategy and get some addon that tells you what to do. This relies on pure instinct and draws upon your full experience as a WoW player. One wrong move and your dead. Even the most advanced players in WoW will fail here as they are used to watching a boss mod timer to know when to do stuff. For this you not only need to play your class like a God you also need lightning fast reactions to adjust to the ever changing encounter.
    While I want it to be hard, I don't want it to be eye bleeding difficult like doing Heroic Lei Shen with 490 gear which is kind of what your asking for.

I hope 30 waves of endless is close to R10 brawlers guild in ~510 ish gear.

Endless means that you will always be able to push yourself harder and harder though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Rogues "Spamming Sinister Strike isn't much fun Blizzard"

Blizzard " Durrrrr Hey guys lets raise the cost of SS so they don't have to spam it so much and complain."

Also "Rain of Frogs" /heavy sigh. I know Jay Wilson was moved from Diablo 3 to Titan to WoW but jesus h christ are you that devoid of new ideas.
    Oh please dont tell me Jay Wilson moved to WoW... No wonder all this cash shop menance etc..

OT; Those new proving grounds look great, now when I return to wow they would help me get me used to the skills. Also calling it now, storm crow mount is from the blizz store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Title: the proven tank. Amazing. Will we get smilies and lols in quest text next? So glad subs running out soon, I'm too old for this.
    Don't understand this at all.

They add in a feature that people have been asking for years and I don't really understand the criticism here?

Are you pissed off at the wording of the title?

I really like the idea of Proving Grounds. I haven't been really interested in WoW lately but this has peaked my interest. I'm looking forward to trying this.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Don't understand this at all.

They add in a feature that people have been asking for years and I don't really understand the criticism here?

Are you pissed off at the wording of the title?
    I think hes pissed off at PTR where they have placeholders thinking they are final and will not change

I don't even know how to reply to this, as I'm sure you won't understand reasoning. What good is something like this if even second prize would be impossible to get? Endless mode is where you prove yourself, bronze-gold are where you learn. Your idea ranks very high on the 'most stupid idea about WoW ever' list (removing or changing LFR tops it though).

So what is the goal of the proving grounds? To give players something else to do at 90? Or is it to tempt people into starting alts in the different roles? A sort of "I want to try tanking but I don't want to start an alt just to see if I like it" thing?

Deleted
    Druid: "One with Nature (New). Teleports you to a natural location. 3 sec cast."

I'm really curious about what this does. Anyone knows?

After these video previews, Healing looks like a fun 5man where npc teamates don't stay in fire. Dps is a boring dps race. Tank is fast grabbing away mobs (chaudmmo is a bad tank :P).
    Will be really interesting.

Presence of Mind no longer is affected by Alter Time.
    Was wonder where the mage nerf is.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So what is the goal of the proving grounds? To give players something else to do at 90? Or is it to tempt people into starting alts in the different roles? A sort of "I want to try tanking but I don't want to start an alt just to see if I like it" thing?
    It's meant to help new lvl 90s learn and play better.