Poll: Kiel or Gnashblade?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No we don't. All we know is he was banished from the other gods and that's what the fractal is about. The gods fighting each other.
    We know pretty much everything we need to know about Abaddon, the only things left to learn are inconsequential details like what color clothes the Margonites wore as humans, and which hand Dwayna smacked him with.
    Beyond that, the remaining mysteries surrounding Abaddon are mysteries that surround the human gods in general, and they aren't about to delve into those in a 15 min Fractal.

The reactor is no longer a threat, we took care of it in metrica provence. It's just the nature of the game that it keeps repeating, but all that's left to do is rebuild it.
    Do you actually KNOW about the Thaumanova Reactor incident? They had a power source from the crystal caves, they experimented on it, reality was sundered, they then took that power source further north to another secure facility to study it. The chaos magic is affecting the Crystal Cavern currently, and the power source and it's danger still remains in Inquest hands.

But, I mean, we don't know if this will lead to other stuff further down the road or if it's a one off fractal. In any case, it is an active, current event that affects the current world greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    We know pretty much everything we need to know about Abaddon, the only things left to learn are inconsequential details like what color clothes the Margonites wore as humans, and which hand Dwayna smacked him with.
    Beyond that, the remaining mysteries surrounding Abaddon are mysteries that surround the human gods in general, and they aren't about to delve into those in a 15 min Fractal.
    And we already know what happens in the reactor. The gods had a longer lasting and changing effect on the world then the reactor and no we don't know everything we need to know about abaddon. We don't know anything about him before he was banished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Do you actually KNOW about the Thaumanova Reactor incident? They had a power source from the crystal caves, they experimented on it, reality was sundered, they then took that power source further north to another secure facility to study it. The chaos magic is affecting the Crystal Cavern currently, and the power source and it's danger still remains in Inquest hands.

But, I mean, we don't know if this will lead to other stuff further down the road or if it's a one off fractal. In any case, it is an active, current event that affects the current world greatly.
    I specifically stated the reactor is no longer a threat and no we don't know if the inquest has anymore of those crystals because their main lab exploded with them in it.

But the reactor itself is as relevant as finding out about abaddon.

My guess on what we will do in the reactor fractal? We are the inquest and we experiment and then the world explodes and we go into the next fractal.

I'd rather see the gods fight each other and watch abaddon fall into the sea changing the world instead of a small lab that is no longer relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    We likely would have seen/been to pre-Cataclysm Orr in the events of Fall of Abaddon...unless they decided to make it take place in the Crystal Sea...perhaps it would've had both locations. Which, frankly, would've been cool (either/or/both would be cool).
    I think it'd be great if there was a zone wide trail of story that leads to modern day folks discovering the secrets of Abaddon, similar to the Temples but different in scope, maybe more like the personal stories. I don't think a Fractal will show much of anything. In either case, there's also a difference between examining the past for some academic matter vs something occurring and investigating in reaction to that. (Say, an Idol of Abaddon that does something, and you need to learn of the Fall to understand what it's doing and stop it.)

On a personal level, I'd much rather have seen the Abaddon fractal (although I never go into a fractal anyway so its pretty irrelevant for me to be honest). I do agree that I think something as lore interesting as that should be longer than what a fractal can offer though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Mr. Gnash is the comeback kid.

Congrats.
    Valar morghulis

And we already know what happens in the reactor.
    No we don't. We only know what remains in that area. We don't know what happened, or how, or why.

The gods had a longer lasting and changing effect on the world then the reactor and no we don't know everything we need to know about abaddon. We don't know anything about him before he was banished.
    The gods had an impact, but it is long since passed. Watching Abaddon fall will not in any way lead to a further understanding of anything.

I specifically stated the reactor is no longer a threat and no we don't know if the inquest has anymore of those crystals because their main lab exploded with them in it.
    So you don't really know what happened at the reactor?

I'd rather see the gods fight each other and watch abaddon fall into the sea changing the world instead of a small lab that is no longer relevant.
    I agree it'd make a nice cut scene. That doesn't mean it'd make a good fractal.

Gnashblade won

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is a great turn around

The gods had an impact, but it is long since passed. Watching Abaddon fall will not in any way lead to a further understanding of anything.
    Considering we have access to magic, I'd say the impact of the gods (and particularly Abaddon) is still very much present.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be doing an official announcement on the livestream previewing Queen's Jubilee in 30 mins.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
    Valar morghulis

Considering we have access to magic, I'd say the impact of the gods (and particularly Abaddon) is still very much present.
    But how will researching the fall of abaddon further the understanding of anything? It's a great scene from history, but it doesn't "matter" anymore.

But how will researching the fall of abaddon further the understanding of anything? It's a great scene from history, but it doesn't "matter" anymore.
    Now that Gnashblade won, I guess we'll find out, wouldn't you agree?

Now that Gnashblade won, I guess we'll find out, wouldn't you agree?
    Glad I put in my votes this morning

Gnashblade forever! (The secret Savior of lions arch, if he didn't kill his commander we would never be able to come to lions arch)

Glad I put in my votes this morning

Gnashblade forever! (The secret Savior of lions arch, if he didn't kill his commander we would never be able to come to lions arch)
    I put in my ~85 votes for Gnashblade last night before logging out...I didn't even realize that the voting ended at 11 PST today, but wanted to make sure my votes (few as they were, compared to some people) counted.

I put in my ~85 votes for Gnashblade last night before logging out...I didn't even realize that the voting ended at 11 PST today, but wanted to make sure my votes (few as they were, compared to some people) counted.
    I had about 400 and got one of those boosters

- - - Updated - - -

Now i got a mail saying kiel won

GREAT

I put in about 200 today. I know others who put in a lot more with the 2x support banner

- - - Updated - - -

Now i got a mail saying kiel won

GREAT
    hmm, Florida recount?

This is a sad day. Kiel actually won

I quit this game

/quit

I demand a recount! (and no, not the addon )

Heralds are now saying kiel won.

/sigh

boring fractal, boring council member with a boring backstory about how she drowned, being a lap dog for that boring norn and then she steals all the credit for other peoples work.

Lovely

The right woman won. A great day for democracy and paying for votes.