Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    AT LEAST 12 dungeons on expansion launch OR 20 scenarios that are well fleshed out and the currency system from them not becoming outdated a month into the expansion.
    Ha. The currency from MoPs dungeons became outdated the first day of expansion. iLevel 450 blues for JP, thank you very much.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AT LEAST 12 dungeons on expansion launch OR 20 scenarios that are well fleshed out and the currency system from them not becoming outdated a month into the expansion.

Dungeon/scenario tiering on expansion launch so that the first 6 dungeons or 12 scenarios are easier and give ok blue loot, the next 4 dungeons or 6 scenarios are harder give near-LFR level loot and the remaining few are quite tough but give loot between LFR and normal modes. Challenge modes now drop loot equal to or greater than normal mode raids.

The ilvl crunch. Reduction of button bloat. Making a lot of CC's and burst cds spec exclusive again.
    Careful sir, talking about turning wow back into wow can get you yelled out around here.

I do agree though, Blizz needs to work at keeping content relavent through the shelf life of the expansion, not killing 4 months down the line when the new patch hits.

Deleted
    Flying mounts pre max level, hands down. MoP questing was horrible and I pray to god that no-one has to ever go through that again.

Equal story and character progression from both factions

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Careful sir, talking about turning wow back into wow can get you yelled out around here.

I do agree though, Blizz needs to work at keeping content relavent through the shelf life of the expansion, not killing 4 months down the line when the new patch hits.
    Launch content hasn't really stayed relevant through the shelf life of any expansion.

TBC = hit max level, grind dungeons, raid, raid, raid, raid
    Wrath = hit max level, grind dungeons, raid, raid, raid, raid
    Cata = hit max level, grind dungeons, LFR, raid, raid, raid
    MoP = hit max level, grind dungeons, LFR, raid, raid raid

Dungeons have only ever been good directly after hitting max level. They've always been completely irrelevant for toons that are already raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillidan View Post
    Equal story and character progression from both factions
    As a Horde player, I really wouldn't mind if Alliance got some super epic lore with the return of Turalyon and Alleria and then the Horde kind of being forced to piggy back on the Alliance lore and just having an Alleria/Slyvanas meeting on the side.

Alliance undoubtedly deserves 2 things next expansion: the restoration of Stormgrad and the reunification of Gil'neas.

The Horde I feel will have a resolution in 5.5 (I know they said they're still iffy if there's even going to be a 5.5) where a new Warchief will ascend the throne if he hasn't already in 5.4 followed by either a full fledged Y'shaarj raid OR the Rise of Azshara OR the Reign of Chaos 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Launch content hasn't really stayed relevant through the shelf life of any expansion.

Dungeons have only ever been good directly after hitting max level. They've always been completely irrelevant for toons that are already raiding.
    The difference is the older expansions weren't "raid raid raid" for MOST people unlike they are now. BUT at the same time, dungeons DID remain relevant in tBC and WotLK throughout the ENTIRETY of the expansion because of badges they provided.

I do believe with my tiering idea, it would be simply impossible for dungeons to become irrelevant anyways since the more difficult dungeons will be providing raid relevant gear. AND they could make it so that instead of adding a new daily area every other patch they could instead be introducing new dungeons or comparable new scenarios.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-16 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Flying mounts pre max level, hands down. MoP questing was horrible and I pray to god that no-one has to ever go through that again.
    There was a time when we all had to run around on foot till level 40 and even then our mounts ran on the ground at 60% speed increase. There was nothing wrong really with haveing to explore on the ground till max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I said they should work on makeing the shelf life better not return it to how it was as if it was somehow better in a previous expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of what has alrdy been said, but defiantely want a more in depth talent system back

There was a time when we all had to run around on foot till level 40 and even then our mounts ran on the ground at 60% speed increase. There was nothing wrong really with haveing to explore on the ground till max level.
    I too miss the exploration aspect that came with first discovering the game. How can they bridge the gap between those that absolutely abhor traveling on a mount for more than three seconds without fighting a mob and those who enjoy checking out scenery, not necessarily knowing the quickest path to their next destination, etc.? More exp. points for exploring and discovering new territories perhaps?

More focus on PuGing while still having some kind of engaging content that you can queue for. Right now MoP lack severely in both making a casual play schedule to be very mindless.
    They could have done some neat ones very easily. More so with the use of phaseing and scenarios that we now have available. I have always been a proponent for "The journey" But wow seems to be trimming away more and more of "The journey" which is why I would be very pleased to see alot of quest types return such as Attunments, class quests, eliet group quests.
    It is something that "for the lord" crowd do tend to ignore as well we know it is a BS excuse for many of them. Attunment quest chains in the past at least from my perspective offered some of the best story when it came to involvement to a raid. The BT one was quite fun to do and it helps tie in the other zones and their involvement to the story line that many players might have skimmed over while leveling. In general it brings in more immersion. The main reason attunments was removed was the gating aspect of them that required the running of older content. I just dont see how with the removal of that gating aspect that attunments cannot be brought back in. The Kara attunement required players to run heroics that they would have already had to do, why not add some story for these players to do while doing their dungeon grind.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-16 at 08:12 PM.

OH another thing!

Bringing back the vanilla AV to the game world a la Wintergrasp but have it so that the battles just simply never finish.

Make a few dungeons on the level of BRD or Halls of Origination again. Make dungeons blacklistable like battlegrounds are if people don't like the bigger ones.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

As a Horde player, I really wouldn't mind if Alliance got some super epic lore with the return of Turalyon and Alleria and then the Horde kind of being forced to piggy back on the Alliance lore and just having an Alleria/Slyvanas meeting on the side.

Alliance undoubtedly deserves 2 things next expansion: the restoration of Stormgrad and the reunification of Gil'neas.

The Horde I feel will have a resolution in 5.5 (I know they said they're still iffy if there's even going to be a 5.5) where a new Warchief will ascend the throne if he hasn't already in 5.4 followed by either a full fledged Y'shaarj raid OR the Rise of Azshara OR the Reign of Chaos 2.0.

The difference is the older expansions weren't "raid raid raid" for MOST people unlike they are now. BUT at the same time, dungeons DID remain relevant in tBC and WotLK throughout the ENTIRETY of the expansion because of badges they provided.

I do believe with my tiering idea, it would be simply impossible for dungeons to become irrelevant anyways since the more difficult dungeons will be providing raid relevant gear. AND they could make it so that instead of adding a new daily area every other patch they could instead be introducing new dungeons or comparable new scenarios.
    While not identical to badges, current dungeons are still relevant for Valor. At least once a day, anyway.

Regardless we're talking a very minor level of relevancy for 5mans across all expansions though.

Make a few dungeons on the level of BRD or Halls of Origination again. Make dungeons blacklistable like battlegrounds are if people don't like the bigger ones.
    The problem with that is shitty long dungeons like HOO or BRD, nobody will run it after the first time they do it. Better to make dungeons that are thematically interesting without being so long that people get tired of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I too miss the exploration aspect that came with first discovering the game. How can they bridge the gap between those that absolutely abhor traveling on a mount for more than three seconds without fighting a mob and those who enjoy checking out scenery, not necessarily knowing the quickest path to their next destination, etc.? More exp. points for exploring and discovering new territories perhaps?
    They don't need to. The people that enjoy doing that can simply not mount up or take flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Alot of what has alrdy been said, but defiantely want a more in depth talent system back
    I think the only way to have talents be interesting while we level would be to go back to a system similar to the WotLK system at this point.

Item Shop!

I think the only way to have talents be interesting while we level would be to go back to a system similar to the WotLK system at this point.
    We need something else to make each level feel more interesting while leveling because the old talent systems are far too flawed for max level. They may have been marginally interesting while leveling but beyond that they were absolutely horrendous.

While not identical to badges, current dungeons are still relevant for Valor. At least once a day, anyway.

Regardless we're talking a very minor level of relevancy for 5mans across all expansions though.
    For me personally, 5 mans were more relevant in tBC and WotLK than raids ever were. Especially in tBC you could grind gear at the level of Hyjal/BT through dungeons if you wanted with the Sunwell vendors. There were far more people running dungeons than raiding in either of those expansions.

Cataclysm and MoP completely destroyed that relevance. MoP did something interesting with scenarios but I do believe it'll be a bit before they're up to par; as it is right now there's far too much "interesting questing" (put this item here, use this item to do that kind of stuff) and hand holding involved to really get engrossed in a scenario the same you would a dungeon.

- A neutral race or two faction-tied races. Brings new culture, architecture and color in the game. Though there's just a few I'd like added, like ogres and ethereals, after those we'd be set.
    - I don't care about a new class, didn't bother with a monk at all. I would like some more fun utility introduced to the classes that are obtained through quests, like the green fire.
    - A base for the new racial factions. Doesn't have to be a capital city, but a town with one or two unique structures alá Bilgewater Harbor will do wonders for racial pride.
    - New zones and new hangout cities for Horde and Alliance with the same services as we get in 2 Moons and 7 Stars.
    - Gradual refurbishing of racial architecture. Orcs have been treated rather nicely in the past three expansions, each introducing new structures. Let the rest of the races enjoy the same treatment.
    - Orgrimmar revamp. I hate the layout of the canyons, even more so now that we can fly. Feels outdated. Also, give the Huojin a proper place for their stuff, what they have now is just silly.
    - Stormwind should get a Worgen/some-other-race district in the place of the destroyed park district.
    - Horde should get a sea transit to complement their air transits and vice versa for the Alliance.
    - Texture update to the rest of the capital cities.
    - Battlefield Barrens had the right idea in using old world zones for high end stuff, it only failed in how it made use of them. We could take this and advance the Forsaken story for one. Arathi's especially waiting for development.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    The problem with that is shitty long dungeons like HOO or BRD, nobody will run it after the first time they do it. Better to make dungeons that are thematically interesting without being so long that people get tired of them.
    Just like people still play AV and IoC people will still play the longer dungeons. It's just that the queue will be quite a bit longer through LFD.