Thread: Ra Den

Ra Den

Hello at last my guild has made it to Ra Den and i am looking for tips from resto shamans out there who have killed it on 10 man.

Our healing team is resto shaman, holy pala and disc priest. I have been asked to keep an eye mainly on the tank before the fatal strikes. Since its our first time there i havent got to check different specs/forges cause we cant afford it so i d appreciate any advice.

Till now i m going for full crit but i was wondering if going for the higher haste breakpoints would help for extra ticks on the HR/Earthliving/HST and faster heals on the tank.

Also since we r dropping HR 100% is conductivity better than taking the HTT on this fight? Has anyone got to try both and has any kind of feedback?

Conductivity is better, but you dont need a 100 percent uptime on it IMO. Phase two, definitely, not before that. Also, why are you the one watching for fatal strikes? Both the Disc and the Holy are better for that. If you are relieved of tank duty, then crit mastery sounds perfectly viable, assuming that you have a relatively high ilvl, and enough haste/spirit to make it work. In Phase two the bursty dmg will make great use of crit/mastery, and will probably make up the majority of your HPS.

Deleted
    No... Conductivity is not better, AG is best if your phase 2 will last longer than 2minutes, otherwise stick with HTT.

Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    No... Conductivity is not better, AG is best if your phase 2 will last longer than 2minutes, otherwise stick with HTT.
    He asked if it was better than HTT. Assuming they're saving lust for p2 then it shouldnt be that long.

Deleted
    You don't really need to keep HR down in p1, the only thing you'd be getting from it is ancestral vigor uptime most of the time. If you have the legendary meta - this is the best boss to start getting used to the 7613 haste+AS breakpoint playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    He asked if it was better than HTT. Assuming they're saving lust for p2 then it shouldnt be that long.
    That still doesn't change the fact that HTT is a lot better than Conductivity in phase 2. You should never under any circumstances use Conductivity as resto, it is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you 3-healing? I 2-healed our guild's firstkill last week together with a holy paladin.

Conductivity is a horrible talent for resto (though I hear dps specs use it for some solo-farming shenanigans). HTT is a really solid talent, plus it costs you basically no mana and is fire and forget.

Thnx for the feedback . I ve never used conductivity before but i m pretty sure i read somewhere on the net while surfing that Ra Den is the only fight worth using it. That's why i wondered. Yeah i can two heal it probably for sure but since we have wasted quite some tries to fix positioning etc we dont want to waste some more @ p2 due to dmg cause i dont know how much dmg we will face.

As far as forge is concerned. I can go from 4k haste-30%crit-53% mastery unbuffed to 11kish breakpoint haste-13%crit-52%mastery but with some less intellect. I ve been playing the first one for quite sometime after trying almost everything. @ 7.6k breakpoint i m at 22% crit and 53% mastery. Do u think its the best forge set?
    Last edited by stoixeio; 2013-07-18 at 03:52 PM.

p1 is no dmg at all (especially with 3 healer), so just keep up healing rain for the lulz and vigor, to help with the 600k explosion when vita explodes.
    P2 is just healing rain and chainheal spam.

Nothing special to do here at all, just loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    You don't really need to keep HR down in p1, the only thing you'd be getting from it is ancestral vigor uptime most of the time. If you have the legendary meta - this is the best boss to start getting used to the 7613 haste+AS breakpoint playstyle.
    There is very little to heal outside of p2 when 3 healing Ra-den, and thus having AV up for the burst damage that occurs in p1 is a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Why are you 3-healing? I 2-healed our guild's firstkill last week together with a holy paladin.
    Most people are still focusing on the 5.2 "meta" where 3 healing and using bloodlust in P1 was the way to go.